Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

EMTJEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I entered my VIN on the Mopar recall web site, clicked the W12 recall, and it came back "Page not Found" error. Perhaps FCA has pulled it down since April 22 has lapsed and it seems like no new information is forthcoming about the scope of the work to resolve the clutch issue.
Clicking on the W12 recall attachment has always given me that error since the recall was first announced back in March. When i login into my Mopar app it says that the recall is incomplete but the parts are available.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Clicking on the W12 recall attachment has always given me that error since the recall was first announced back in March. When i login into my Mopar app it says that the recall is incomplete but the parts are available.
Yep. I see parts as available now as well.

M151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (2 door)
Is anyone else having issues scheduling service for this W12 Recall through the Mopar website? I can only get to a certain point before it tells me “You look lost. Lets get you back on the right road” message and its back to square one.

7A7B3A92-B5F0-481D-A712-B720192FBB55.png

Sponsored

Roweski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Well, sales manager called this morning to tell me that they got "a part" for the recall. He's waiting to check with his service manager to make sure that they have everything they need. Not much news, but at least there is movement. I'll post up if I can get specific info.

nam5146

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Wrangler Rubicon
I also called my dealership today. They have one part - a hose sleeve. They told me to call back on May 5th, they should have the 2 other parts then. But the one other part is VIN specific (I'm guessing the slave cylinder) and they will need to order it as they schedule the appointment.

I'm looking forward to getting my girl fixed up :party:

Nicole

seanm001

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2020 JLUR here, picked it up brand new at the end of December, have 4800 miles on it. I've driven manual transmissions nearly all my life, I've never burned up a clutch, and my clutches last easily north of 150k miles, so I must be doing it "right." I haven't had a single issue with my JLUR clutch. No slipping, no smoke, no burning smell. Agree it's a little light and learning the friction point takes some finesse, but that's the art of driving a manual.

That being said, if I have a 12mo / 12k warranty on the clutch, why wouldn't I just wait until 11mo/11k to take it in for the recall? FCA will be more likely to have a comprehensive fix by then and I'll get a free inspection and replacement of worn parts. Seems like a win-win for me. I'm far more concerned about the breakneck speeds at which others are driving during this QT than I am about my Jeep catching fire. Wife already gave me permission for a fire extinguisher mod, so I'm golden.

Tell me why I should jump on this bandwagon and get my recall done so early.

UtahRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I don't see any reason to rush right in. Hell, give the techs at least a bunch of dealer lot Jeeps to practice on first haha.
I'm in the same situation as yourself. I'll just wait to see how this turns out for others first.
I have next to no confidence that whatever "solution" they've come up with is any kind of real fix. It'll just be a useless band-aid for a mostly nonexistent problem.

Now the trick will be handing the dealer a Centerforce upgrade and seeing if they'll just slip that unit in, instead :LOL:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I entered my VIN on the Mopar recall web site, clicked the W12 recall, and it came back "Page not Found" error. Perhaps FCA has pulled it down since April 22 has lapsed and it seems like no new information is forthcoming about the scope of the work to resolve the clutch issue.
Logged into Mopar and get this for mine:

Recall Status

Incomplete but repair parts are available

Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
I also called my dealership today. They have one part - a hose sleeve. They told me to call back on May 5th, they should have the 2 other parts then. But the one other part is VIN specific (I'm guessing the slave cylinder) and they will need to order it as they schedule the appointment.

I'm looking forward to getting my girl fixed up :party:

Nicole
I have noticed that my early 2018 sport has different wiring harness plugs than pictures I have seen online. With that in mind, I would imagine that the slave cylinder is the same across the board and the wiring harness is VIN specific. I will be calling my dealer later today to try and schedule the service.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just called my local dealership and they mentioned the part number is listed, but parts are not available. He told me to call in about two-weeks.

Roweski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Sales manager just called. This time he said "parts", which was more in line with what I've read here. Says recall work has been completed. Picking up my new JL in a couple of hours. Having only a handful of miles on it, I'm sure they didn't even bother examining the clutch.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm going to wait until they (a) have the parts and (b) have practiced on some other Jeeps first.