Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate]

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Last I saw it was end of July, Dan.
Thanks! We'll probably all get the notice at about the same time from a mass mailing or emailing.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Received this weekā€¦

PLEASE READ ā€” DO NOT DISCARD

This is your second notice. Your vehicle may have a safety recall. Please follow the steps outlined below.

This is to inform you that your JEEP may require immediate repair service as part of a manufacturerā€™s recall.

IMPORTANT: We will perform any repairs subject to the recall notice at no charge.

Taking corrective action is simple:
1. Call our service department at (855) 830-5893 to confirm your recall status and parts availability PRIOR to bringing your vehicle in for service.
2. When you call, a service representative will:
A. Re-verify all open recall(s) related to your vehicle
B. Check if parts are available or parts need to be ordered
C. Schedule a convenient time to perform the repairs
D. Discuss alternate transportation arrangements, if needed
3. Keep this email handy so we can confirm your VIN and campaign numbers listed below.
ā€¢ VIN #: XXXXXXXXXXX146545

ā€¢ MFGR CAMPAIGN #:
CDJR Y07
CDJR W12

Visit NHTSA.gov for more information about vehicle recalls.

Please disregard this notice if you believe that the recall matter has been resolved; no additional action is required.​

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Received this weekā€¦

PLEASE READ ā€” DO NOT DISCARD

This is your second notice. Your vehicle may have a safety recall. Please follow the steps outlined below.​

This is to inform you that your JEEP may require immediate repair service as part of a manufacturerā€™s recall.

IMPORTANT: We will perform any repairs subject to the recall notice at no charge.

Taking corrective action is simple:
1. Call our service department at (855) 830-5893 to confirm your recall status and parts availability PRIOR to bringing your vehicle in for service.
2. When you call, a service representative will:
A. Re-verify all open recall(s) related to your vehicle
B. Check if parts are available or parts need to be ordered
C. Schedule a convenient time to perform the repairs
D. Discuss alternate transportation arrangements, if needed
3. Keep this email handy so we can confirm your VIN and campaign numbers listed below.

ā€¢ VIN #: XXXXXXXXXXX146545

ā€¢ MFGR CAMPAIGN #:
CDJR Y07
CDJR W12

Visit NHTSA.gov for more information about vehicle recalls.

Please disregard this notice if you believe that the recall matter has been resolved; no additional action is required.​
What year is your Jeep? The fix for 2018-2020 is still not ready.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) on 2018-2020 JL Manuals [overheating clutch pressure plate] 1624733875117

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Iā€™m getting the same ā€˜not availableā€™ in the Jeep mobile app but emails are being dispersed. First email I received regarding itā€¦

I have a 2020 model.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone had the recall performed? My dealership is claiming they did it, but I havenā€™t seen any word of it being available yet. I was surprised when I saw the note on their copy of the paperwork, but it isnā€™t on mine.
Hi Some Random Guy,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Rob
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hi Some Random Guy,
You can use the link below to check for open recalls for your vehicle or send us a message via private message with your VIN.
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Rob
Jeep Cares
Hi Jeep cares-

Iā€™m concerned about the clutch in my Jeep. Iā€™m part of the recall that is still waiting fir the ā€œfixā€. Is it possible to replace the stock faulty clutch with a different one and have Jeep reimburse for it? The smell is scary and I am nervous to continue waiting for the fix.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeep cares-

Iā€™m concerned about the clutch in my Jeep. Iā€™m part of the recall that is still waiting fir the ā€œfixā€. Is it possible to replace the stock faulty clutch with a different one and have Jeep reimburse for it? The smell is scary and I am nervous to continue waiting for the fix.
You are spot on with your concern. If you are getting a smell, I'd get done ASAP, whether you have the dealer do it or go aftermarket.

I don't know about their reimbursement deal. I tried to get them to do that for my Fox steering stabilizer after they told me I could and they sent me a link. Jeep wound up denying it because they said the time ran out. I didn't fuss because it was only $130. But a clutch is much more.

But if you are getting smell, chances are that your clutch is worn. They should replace that under warranty and properly bleed the hydraulic system and then see if there is any other cause and address that or those, as well. Just putting in an aftermarket clutch won't likely fix it. The root cause must be addressed first.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
i have a hard time accepting all of this. i think this is the third clutch recall, and this time i think it was february for the Y07 notification where it included a lot of codewords like immediately call and schedule, and safety and etc, yet it's a couple days away from July and there is no software fix yet? what a disaster in messaging and brand management. 3rd recall on the same item, this time it's a software fix. go get it done immediately because it's important and safety related, but oh yeah, we don't have the fix available for 4+ months, even tho it's a software update, not actual parts that are required.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i have a hard time accepting all of this. i think this is the third clutch recall, and this time i think it was february for the Y07 notification where it included a lot of codewords like immediately call and schedule, and safety and etc, yet it's a couple days away from July and there is no software fix yet? what a disaster in messaging and brand management. 3rd recall on the same item, this time it's a software fix. go get it done immediately because it's important and safety related, but oh yeah, we don't have the fix available for 4+ months, even tho it's a software update, not actual parts that are required.
Yep, it is frustrating. But if it drives and performs ok, you should be fine. Mine has never displayed any bad behavior, so I've decided not to worry and just enjoy it. When Y07 comes, I'll get it done quickly and forget about all this.

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
yup. tho if it isn't fine, and if something happens, someone is covered. "hey, i sent you emails about it! you should have known not to drive it! don't sue me!"

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
maybe i'm just a bit salty because i scheduled my appointment, asked 3 different people to confirm all the parts were on hand and available, dropped off the jeep, got a ride home, only to get a call an hour later that yes, all parts were available, but they misunderstood and the software version is not yet available. really dislike when professional people waste my time.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
You are spot on with your concern. If you are getting a smell, I'd get done ASAP, whether you have the dealer do it or go aftermarket.

I don't know about their reimbursement deal. I tried to get them to do that for my Fox steering stabilizer after they told me I could and they sent me a link. Jeep wound up denying it because they said the time ran out. I didn't fuss because it was only $130. But a clutch is much more.

But if you are getting smell, chances are that your clutch is worn. They should replace that under warranty and properly bleed the hydraulic system and then see if there is any other cause and address that or those, as well. Just putting in an aftermarket clutch won't likely fix it. The root cause must be addressed first.
Thank you! Itā€™s not a constant smell but itā€™s happened a few times and always makes me nervous. Maybe Iā€™ll reach out to Jeep cares directly! Thanks again!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I'd do the opposite. I'd steer clear of that dealer and get Jeep corporate involved. Sounds like a shady and/or incompentent dealership.

Maybe they messed up the clutch wear test procedure? It's a pretty harsh thing and I could see it causing problems if someone who didn't know what they were doing tried it.

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
I had an interesting experience when I had my oil changed. I requested the clutch recall be performed while I was there since it is reportedly only a software flash. After the service was ā€œcompleteā€œ they told me they couldnā€™t do the recall because the part wasnā€™t available. I asked them how that could be possible, because surely software is not a ā€œpartā€ per se. I was told there is also a physical part involved, but no one seemed to know what it wasā€¦ This leads me to believe Jeep doesnā€™t really have a solution and probably is simply buying time.
Sponsored