Sponsored

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
The weird gear spacing isn't weird at all, once you gear the axles down. Our transmission went from "fight to find the right ratio" to "every ratio has a purpose" going from 3.45 to 4.10 and 33's.
That makes perfect sense, I've been saying all along the 6sp in all JLs should have come with 4.10, with option to upgrade. I'd love to regear to 4.56, but then I'd want 35's, which need new 17" wheels, then a good lift...that all adds up and my funds are tied up elsewhere atm. Just gonna go 275-70-18 (33.3) next set of shoes and call it good, maybe a small spacer lift 1.5-2". I have to say thought that it does feel like the CF2 would thrive even more deeper gearing if that makes sense...
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I can leave it in first and easily climb my driveway and it won't stall like the OEM would.
What’s your gear ratio? I have no issues doing this with my stock clutch and I have a very steep driveway. I have a 2dr Rubi (4.10).

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
My stock Rubicon struggled on the driveway when new. Reason why the driveway comes up is because some of us unload passengers on it right before pulling in :)

Had to use the throttle to what felt like risky levels when you are heading towards a wall.

Not sure if it is because it broke in or because I switched to 89 octane, but I easily idle up now without slipping the clutch at all - even on bigger 35s. 4low was never a problem.

Sponsored

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
My stock Rubicon struggled on the driveway when new. Reason why the driveway comes up is because some of us unload passengers on it right before pulling in :)

Had to use the throttle to what felt like risky levels when you are heading towards a wall.

Not sure if it is because it broke in or because I switched to 89 octane, but I easily idle up now without slipping the clutch at all - even on bigger 35s. 4low was never a problem.
My sport needs the clutch to be slipped to go under like 4mph, so I just have to yeet it up the driveway.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
My sport needs the clutch to be slipped to go under like 4mph, so I just have to yeet it up the driveway.

To clarify: when I said “without slipping the clutch at all” - I just mean I don’t have to slip to prevent a stall. Passenger drop off to parking position is so short, I just need to get a bit of momentum and it is nice that I can now do it without adding throttle.

TeleJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6sp M
Has anyone heard (other than speculation) what the latest clutch recall (19A) fix entails? I sure hope it’s a redesigned clutch and extension of the warranty 60-100k miles.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Well if it is a new clutch or flywheel (unlikely) then what are the chances those of us who have installed a CF or equivalent aftermarket clutch will get reimbursed for the parts and/or labor? I won't hold my breath...

Ladyt618

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Well if it is a new clutch or flywheel (unlikely) then what are the chances those of us who have installed a CF or equivalent aftermarket clutch will get reimbursed for the parts and/or labor? I won't hold my breath...
I already received a response from Jeep saying they won't reimburse me because the work wasn't done at an authorized dealer. So there's that! Oh well, loving my CF investment 😊

Sponsored

Chadillac

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 6-speed
Probably similar to the chances that your Jeep beats a Dodge Demon 170 in a drag race.

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Question for all the manual drivers...
I have seen a different thread on this issue but with very little info or resolution..so I thought I would ask on this one and willing to create another from it...
- 2018 Rubi unlimited Manual transmition
I have a "burp/cut in power" at around 2700 RPM in 3rd (also sometimes below 2000 RPM in 3rd)
- This cut in power is usually felt under light/moderate acceleration (if giving it full beans it's not felt). This has been there since what I can remember day one.
I have the intake right side cam/rollers replaced (Tech said was out by 10% per the computer scans). This didn't fix the issue, if anything it is now more pronounced under 2000 RPM.
Dealer wants/needs to do a injector clean/flush since this is the only way they can eliminate it (at my cost), but I know it will not resolve it since it's been there since day one.

Anyone else having this issue? Any other successful diagnostics/repairs?

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have a "burp/cut in power" at around 2700 RPM in 3rd (also sometimes below 2000 RPM in 3rd)
- This cut in power is usually felt under light/moderate acceleration (if giving it full beans it's not felt). This has been there since what I can remember day one.

Not sure the source of this, but this process seems to change the response of throttle modulation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...roduced-by-january-22-2021.65706/post-1533883

If by burp/power cut you mean the engine hiccups/briefly dies, then this process won't help.

Last edited:

Chadillac

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 6-speed
Question for all the manual drivers...
I have seen a different thread on this issue but with very little info or resolution..so I thought I would ask on this one and willing to create another from it...
- 2018 Rubi unlimited Manual transmition
I have the intake right side cam/rollers replaced (Tech said was out by 10% per the computer scans). This didn't fix the issue, if anything it is now more pronounced under 2000 RPM.
Dealer wants/needs to do a injector clean/flush since this is the only way they can eliminate it (at my cost), but I know it will not resolve it since it's been there since day one.

I also have the 3rd gear "burp" around 2800 rpms. Been like that since new. I think it's the VVT switching over to the high-lift lobe.

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-see-how-variable-valve-lift-works-on-the-new-pentastar-v6/
Sponsored