Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
F this guy. Morons like this are just too lazy to do any research.
'

I have to ask, did you read any further in the thread about where the conversation went? Also, "this guy" may be a dude but... the name might not suggest it to be the case?
Sponsored

TroyMclure

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn
'

I have to ask, did you read any further in the thread about where the conversation went? Also, "this guy" may be a dude but... the name might not suggest it to be the case?
I read the entire thread.

I would suggest you do the same.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I assume user csddoglover is a woman from her user name Cindy. And have followed her story, and subsequent shitty treatment from Jeep.

What I was responding to was a reply from OrneryBear (aka Charles, a guy's name) questioning her story. She documented it on this site previously, and has really been screwed over by Jeep.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I read the entire thread.

I would suggest you do the same.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I assume user csddoglover is a woman from her user name Cindy. And have followed her story, and subsequent shitty treatment from Jeep.

What I was responding to was a reply from OrneryBear (aka Charles, a guy's name) questioning her story. She documented it on this site previously, and has really been screwed over by Jeep.
I didn't question her story, but she didn't elaborate in this thread, which I was specifically responding to as I had not read (or don't remember reading it? I'm not sure) her previous thread on the matter. In this thread all she said was that it "blew" which could mean her clutch blew up, and all I said was "What exactly was replaced on your jeep? a clutch repair should not have been 9k. kinda sounds like there is more to the story?" She could have simply said "look at my previous thread" or "here's a link to my previous thread" instead she got defensive and apparently you took at as an opportunity to jump on my case.

I was not surprised by the clutch recall, I was very aware of the number of issues people were having with the clutch ahead of buying my jeep, and planned on installing a centerforce anyway. But please jump on my case for not having read EVERY thread on the clutch issues.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I didn't question her story, but she didn't elaborate in this thread, which I was specifically responding to as I had not read (or don't remember reading it? I'm not sure) her previous thread on the matter. In this thread all she said was that it "blew" which could mean her clutch blew up, and all I said was "What exactly was replaced on your jeep? a clutch repair should not have been 9k. kinda sounds like there is more to the story?" She could have simply said "look at my previous thread" or "here's a link to my previous thread" instead she got defensive and apparently you took at as an opportunity to jump on my case.

I was not surprised by the clutch recall, I was very aware of the number of issues people were having with the clutch ahead of buying my jeep, and planned on installing a centerforce anyway. But please jump on my case for not having read EVERY thread on the clutch issues.
Dude. Your username is literally ORNERY BEAR. With a picture of a Grumpy Bear. How could they not understand where you were coming from. 🤣😂

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Why?

Didn't you replace your clutch with a Centerforce because the original JL clutch is defective?
I was questioning a $9k repair bill. Also, I'm not a fan of Scotty Kilmer

That said, I had multiple reasons for going to the CF. The #1 reason was that my wife drives it primarily and I wasn't going to risk a fire with kids strapped into seats in the back.
#2, I detested the random engagement and, well, pretty much everything about the stock clutch (though I would still choose a horrible manual over an auto)
#3, I have a weakness, I like upgrades for the sake of upgrades. I wanted a CF long before the recall notice came out

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I was questioning a $9k repair bill. Also, I'm not a fan of Scotty Kilmer

That said, I had multiple reasons for going to the CF. The #1 reason was that my wife drives it primarily and I wasn't going to risk a fire with kids strapped into seats in the back.
#2, I detested the random engagement and, well, pretty much everything about the stock clutch (though I would still choose a horrible manual over an auto)
#3, I have a weakness, I like upgrades for the sake of upgrades. I wanted a CF long before the recall notice came out
Get out of my brain, this is exactly why I want to go CF.

We traded my wife's vw tdi in on the jeep, and the jeep is an improvement over the clutch on that. Funny thing is, the VW clutch is also a dual mass flywheel set up made by LUK. I wonder how similar they are.

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
I would say that would be a safe assumption! I expect that once the fix is announced, you and everyone else in D1 should start seeing movement on your orders!
DennisDillonJeeps, I've a follow up question.
Just got some recall info from my Dealership, who received it from their District Manager. They said sold orders will get 2nd priority, and affected vehicle on the ground would get first priority.
Does that mean MT vehicles stuck in D1 won't get finished until already purchased vehicles are completed? This sound like a very, very long time for D1 vehicles.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Just got some recall info from my Dealership, who received it from their District Manager. They said sold orders will get 2nd priority, and affected vehicle on the ground would get first priority.
Does that mean MT vehicles stuck in D1 won't get finished until already purchased vehicles are completed? This sound like a very, very long time for D1 vehicles.

What do you think?
That’s what I would think

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What do you think?
Unless maybe they mean the ones part of the stop sale? Like built not bought

Sponsored

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
Unless maybe they mean the ones part of the stop sale? Like built not bought
I specifically asked "So I understand, my vehicle on order is a second priority and the vehicles already purchased and on the roads are first?" He said "that's what I'm told".
I'll try and ask with your Stop Sale question.

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I specifically asked "So I understand, my vehicle on order is a second priority and the vehicles already purchased and on the roads are first?" He said "that's what I'm told".
Because it’s waiting for the 60k first we’re basically waiting forever and if it’s just the stop sale ones we’d be relatively quick

Dr. Jones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Rubicon
Because it’s waiting for the 60k first we’re basically waiting forever and if it’s just the stop sale ones we’d be relatively quick
I asked what you suggested, and he said "I would guess Stop Sales first". We'll see.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
Sold vehicles on the road should be the very first addressed, then the stop sale on lots
Sponsored