Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Just picked up the Jeep. Wow!! Pedal feel is perfect. The review video from @AZ Hella is accurate. Like that reviewer, I also notice that the engine/exhaust sounds different. Different in a good way - beefier sounding. Must be due to added inertia?

Shifts are smoother, especially 1-2. Launching is obviously a lot easier/more precise. Hill starts are easier. Rev matching downshifts is easier.

Yeah, in a nutshell it's easier to drive than stock.
I'm mildly jealous, hopefully our friends at Stellantis get their act together, if not it means better business for @Actman. When my Jeep gets more seasoned I figure that I'll be in the market for a new clutch. I bet my stock assembly looks brand new like yours as I am very gentle on a clutch. My beater civic has 278K of city driving on the original clutch.
Sponsored

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
If I knew which flywheel option to get, I would have already purchased an ACT clutch.

I have no confidence Jeep will make an effective fix resolving the issue without negatively impacting the ownership experience. Itā€™ll be whatever the cheapest option is to appease the NHTSA. I think the ā€œJeep Caresā€ responses are evident of that, entirely CYA on their part and no interest in customer satisfaction.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I'm confused, so how do I get notified that parts are available and ready for me to schedule service?

Am I supposed to not drive my jeep until I hear from them?
I am usually the only one in the Jeep, so I do not worry about the Jeep catching fire. Now if I had a two door Jeep, and had kids in carseats in the back, I would worry more about a potential fire...

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
If I knew which flywheel option to get, I would have already purchased an ACT clutch.

I have no confidence Jeep will make an effective fix resolving the issue without negatively impacting the ownership experience. Itā€™ll be whatever the cheapest option is to appease the NHTSA. I think the ā€œJeep Caresā€ responses are evident of that, entirely CYA on their part and no interest in customer satisfaction.
This ā˜(unfortunately)....
If I was a manual owner, I'd be installing the aftermarket solution to this (may never be resolved) Stellantis nightmare.
After reading the various reviews by those who've pulled the aftermarket trigger, it seems like a no-brainer.

awadofmoney

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Sport 4.0 MT 2DR, 24 Rubicon 3.6 MT 2DR ordered
I called Jeep customer care (1-877-426-5337) today requesting more information about the timeline for the clutch recall. They told me they estimate the fix to be available for all in September. They couldnā€™t provide me information on how new builds are affected by this (like whether or not they're built with the fix or have to be fixed after being built with the old clutch).

Sponsored

mudpup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL-MT

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2DR Willys V6 MT (On Order), 2022 BMW X4 M40
I called Jeep customer care (1-877-426-5337) today requesting more information about the timeline for the clutch recall. They told me they estimate the fix to be available for all in September. They couldnā€™t provide me information on how new builds are affected by this (like whether or not they're built with the fix or have to be fixed after being built with the old clutch).
interesting. Quite a few folks waiting on MY23 MTs received an email from Jeep stating their new JLs will ship at the end of June.

awadofmoney

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Sport 4.0 MT 2DR, 24 Rubicon 3.6 MT 2DR ordered
interesting. Quite a few folks waiting on MY23 MTs received an email from Jeep stating their new JLs will ship at the end of June.
Yeah, I even saw someone on the forum with a 24MY MT say theirs was built so my guess is that the September remedy availability estimate is for people who already have their jeeps. But it's still confusing because what about the people who are having their MTs (both 23MY and 24MY) built? Are they being built with the updated clutch assembly or the old one? I wish Jeep would just make an announcement on how they plan on managing this issue. They don't have to make any promises but at least keep us in the loop.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Just picked up the Jeep. Wow!! Pedal feel is perfect. The review video from @AZ Hella is accurate. Like that reviewer, I also notice that the engine/exhaust sounds different. Different in a good way - beefier sounding. Must be due to added inertia?

Shifts are smoother, especially 1-2. Launching is obviously a lot easier/more precise. Hill starts are easier. Rev matching downshifts is easier.

Yeah, in a nutshell it's easier to drive than stock.

I will submit receipts for reimbursement with zero hope, and when they deny me I'll log a complaint with the NHTSA. Nonsense to acknowledge the stock setup may cause injury, but then say we should just suck it up until the fall.

Picture of my old one. I couldn't tell you if it looks good, bad, or indifferent. All my mechanic said was that it looked "unremarkable" and "it has too many damn springs." He very much liked the new one, and commented on its pretty yellow color. :)

Thanks @Actman for the install tips (I printed them, but no idea if mechanic used them).

IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0463.jpeg
Which flywheel did you go with? Nice write up!

Sponsored

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I even saw someone on the forum with a 24MY MT say theirs was built so my guess is that the September remedy availability estimate is for people who already have their jeeps. But it's still confusing because what about the people who are having their MTs (both 23MY and 24MY) built? Are they being built with the updated clutch assembly or the old one? I wish Jeep would just make an announcement on how they plan on managing this issue. They don't have to make any promises but at least keep us in the loop.
the email sent by Jeep to the folks who are getting MY23 with MTs referenced a software update only. Since their Jeeps are shipping, I would assume they got the new clutch. Especially, if their emails only referenced a software update. But, you never know! šŸ¤” šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
the email sent by Jeep to the folks who are getting MY23 with MTs referenced a software update only. Since their Jeeps are shipping, I would assume they got the new clutch. Especially, if their emails only referenced a software update. But, you never know! šŸ¤” šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
This would assume that Jeep/Stellantis corporate has there act together which is quite the huge leap of faith. :)

mcdonoab

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
June of which year? šŸ˜‚
June 2023. Now take this for what itā€™s worth, I called my dealer on my MY24 MT, he indicated that no parts would be needed for my MT - only software. He also indicated the software would be ready by the end of June. It lines up with the emails those waiting on MY23 MTs received.