Sponsored

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
I test drove an automatic before I ordered and I didn’t like how the gear selector was too smooth like if didn’t give a notch feel to tell you what gear you were in. Like backing into the parking spot to go to reverse was weird

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Thank you Cutterone. Exactly what I was looking for. Immensely helpful.
No prob, of course opinions will vary for each individual. I'm less concerned about having the perfect feel than with long lasting durability, which remains to be seen, I'll touch base in 10 years see if its still going! Its still baffling that the powers that be at Jeep didn't realize that the only people who would actually still buy a manual are the ones that want a firm stout clutch. I bet there isn't one of us before the JL that said I want a lighter clutch, we want to feel the connection to the vehicle, kind of half the point and fun of still driving a stick IMO... my 2 cents, now worth .5 cents due to inflation...

Last edited:

Stengaaa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy sonic, soon wrangler Jl 2 door
Has this recalled removed the manual option from the 2024 MY order books?

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Has this recalled removed the manual option from the 2024 MY order books?
The last thing I saw on the forums was that there was a stop sale on MY24 Manuals.
So probably for now.
But mid-April is supposed to be when the recall is supposed to be figured out according to the NHTSA so after that they should be reopened.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
mid-April is supposed to be when the recall is supposed to be figured out according to the NHTSA
No, it just says letters will go out in April. I wouldn’t expect to see recalls getting done until late summer/fall based on timing of previous ones.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Can you also compare with Centerforce’s offerings? You’re at the same price point, but their kit also replaces hydraulics.

People here sing the praises of CF’s heavy flywheel, but the fact is that most of us DD their Jeeps. I’m not looking to add rev hang and a leg workout to mine, and am eager to hear how ACT drives compared to CF. Call me crazy, but I love how my stock clutch drives.
I'd be curious too.

Note I have a CFII clutch and run 37KM3s with 4.88 gearing, heavy front/rear steel bumpers etc etc.

This is my daily driver (school runs, toss the keys to my wife) and regularly commute to my office from NJ to Stamford CT once a week in tri-state traffic. No issues with the weight of the CF clutch.

On weekends when I have time, the CF clutch handles this great
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Recall (2/23/23): Clutch Pressure Plate May Overheat -- Affecting 70,000 Manual Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators IMG_0794

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
No, it just says letters will go out in April. I wouldn’t expect to see recalls getting done until late summer/fall based on timing of previous ones.
Ahhh, alright. I must have misunderstood how I read it.
Thanks!

eurodin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL 6M
It's a shame the manual is terrible. I am new to jeep. I test drove the 2.0T 8 speed auto. The power delivery is smuch better than the 3.45FD 6MT, but I notice the handling of the lighter 6MT 3.6 is a very noticeable improvement.

csddoglover

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara
Purchased my 2021 in November 2020. Mine blew on 11/23/2021 with less than 12,000 miles. Had "software" fix performed prior to failure. Took six months for part to be available due to Jeep being a 2021 (failure occurred 11/21). Paid for rental for almost six months. Total loss is $15,000. Even with this newest recall, JCA still refuses to make me whole. Claim I did not have proper warranty and Jeep should have been repaired at a certified Jeep dealership (like I would ever give another cent to Jeep/Stellantis). Have now filed further complaint with NHTSA via their Vehicle Safety Hotline. I don't expect fight to end anytime soon. Finding a lawyer for a non-injury, non-death case has been impossible. Jeep knows all this and plays the law of averages game.

Great YouTube video on this topic by Savage Scotty. Couldn't attach to this forum.

Ladyt618

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Purchased my 2021 in November 2020. Mine blew on 11/23/2021 with less than 12,000 miles. Had "software" fix performed prior to failure. Took six months for part to be available due to Jeep being a 2021 (failure occurred 11/21). Paid for rental for almost six months. Total loss is $15,000. Even with this newest recall, JCA still refuses to make me whole. Claim I did not have proper warranty and Jeep should have been repaired at a certified Jeep dealership (like I would ever give another cent to Jeep/Stellantis). Have now filed further complaint with NHTSA via their Vehicle Safety Hotline. I don't expect fight to end anytime soon. Finding a lawyer for a non-injury, non-death case has been impossible. Jeep knows all this and plays the law of averages game.

Great YouTube video on this topic by Savage Scotty. Couldn't attach to this forum.
You wouldn't happen to know the title of the video....Thanks
Sponsored