First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi! 4.56 gear here,

Had my clutch recall done 3 weeks ago.
As soon as I left the dealer the transmission error came on.
I immediately brough the jeep back in.
3 weeks later I’m still waiting for them to revive the correct tune from Chrysler. Some one has went through this?
Sponsored

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

Hi! 4.56 gear here,

Had my clutch recall done 3 weeks ago.
As soon as I left the dealer the transmission error came on.
I immediately brough the jeep back in.
3 weeks later I’m still waiting for them to revive the correct tune from Chrysler. Some one has went through this?
a few guys have, recently someone posted the recommendation, read back a few pages and you'll find it

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Expected to be denied the reimbursement request and did not submit for quite some time, but after seeing others have some success recently I gave it a shot. Indeed I was denied, despite submitting receipts and credit card statements, for insufficient documentation and modifying the vehicle. I guess by "diagnostics" I was supposed to take it to a dealer and confirm a recall is necessary?

My 2021 is still not eligible for the recall, and it blows my mind Jeep's stance on this is that owners are expected to assume the bodily injury risk (cited in the recall notice) and wait for the OEM recall.

Thank you for allowing Jeep Customer Care an opportunity to address your concern. Our primary focus is your satisfaction.​

My Name is Therie and we appreciate your time and effort in bringing this matter to us.

Upon thorough review and consideration, we regret to inform you that your request for repair reimbursement has been denied due to the following reason/s:

• Insufficient document/s (diagnostics)
• Out of pocket repairs due to vehicle modification are not covered under recall, warranty, extended warranties, and is non-reimbursable.​
As much as quality service is our concern, please be informed that there are certain guidelines and qualifications that we need to meet in order to grant your request.​

Thank you for your utmost understanding. We look forward to your continued business with us, and we appreciate you reaching out to us today.​

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Expected to be denied the reimbursement request and did not submit for quite some time, but after seeing others have some success recently I gave it a shot. Indeed I was denied, despite submitting receipts and credit card statements, for insufficient documentation and modifying the vehicle. I guess by "diagnostics" I was supposed to take it to a dealer and confirm a recall is necessary?

My 2021 is still not eligible for the recall, and it blows my mind Jeep's stance on this is that owners are expected to assume the bodily injury risk (cited in the recall notice) and wait for the OEM recall.

Thank you for allowing Jeep Customer Care an opportunity to address your concern. Our primary focus is your satisfaction.​
My Name is Therie and we appreciate your time and effort in bringing this matter to us.​
Upon thorough review and consideration, we regret to inform you that your request for repair reimbursement has been denied due to the following reason/s:​
• Insufficient document/s (diagnostics)​
• Out of pocket repairs due to vehicle modification are not covered under recall, warranty, extended warranties, and is non-reimbursable.​
As much as quality service is our concern, please be informed that there are certain guidelines and qualifications that we need to meet in order to grant your request.​
Thank you for your utmost understanding. We look forward to your continued business with us, and we appreciate you reaching out to us today.​
I’m not even bothering. As far as I’m concerned I paid for an upgrade, not a remedy. Love my ACT and am happy to not have to think about this recall anymore.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
I’m not even bothering. As far as I’m concerned I paid for an upgrade, not a remedy. Love my ACT and am happy to not have to think about this recall anymore.
You're right. I too am enjoying my ACT with heavier flywheel, over 3k miles on it now. I just got my hopes up too high reading other success stories with reimbursement.

Sponsored

snowbrdrfreak

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Sport
Clubs

So I’ve got a ‘23. Has anyone gotten the recall cleared by going aftermarket since the parts have been available? And further into dreamland, were you successful in getting reimbursed too?

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
They can't just "put it out there". Some people would tend to all show up at once, and (of course) they'd run out of parts. I'm pretty sure they can only manufacture so many parts at a time. They're calling people in, according to year model(s), in order to do it in some sort of an orderly manner. I suspect they're "working in" the ones who show up with outright failures, in the mean time. May take a bit longer if there's been a failure, but they seem to be getting them done.

One variable is that there are lots of people out there (like me) who haven't had a failure. Those folks aren't in so much of a hurry. Since it apparently is not affecting all of the vehicles. At least not yet.
I’m in no hurry. Stock clutch with no issues. I want my dealership to do as many of these as possible before I decide to take it in, let others be the guinea pigs. Besides there will be that much more life left in the new parts the longer I wait. Sure, the risk is it could burn to the ground but whatever, insurance.

Raydar

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I’m in no hurry.
Sure, the risk is it could burn to the ground but whatever, insurance.
Just watch your tach to see if it climbs without your speed changing. It needs to slip a good bit, to generate enough heat to damage anything.
It will slip worse in the higher gears. If it starts slipping, slow down, and shift down a gear or two. If you're careful, you should be able to make it home without becoming a flambe'.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I just got my letter in the mail so they must be starting on the 2019s now. I really don't want this software update but can't really afford aftermarket right now plus I've called around and can't find a shop in my area that will even touch it.

Anyone had success finding a great transmission shop in the San Fernando Valley area?

Mguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6spd MT
I’m in no hurry . . . . Sure, the risk is it could burn to the ground but whatever, insurance.
Owners should carefully consider reliance upon insurance for a clutch failure leading to fire. Even with comprehensive coverage, some policies have exclusions and/or optional coverage for damage resulting from mechanical breakdown.

Sponsored

ajLEEP21

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I had the ACT installed at 51k miles and love it. Comes with the flywheel and throw out bearing. The stock clutch felt very disengaged before the install but no recall type symptoms/issues. Didn’t wanna bother with the recall since it’s been too long since and the peace of mind with an aftermarket kit is worth it IMO. Cost was ~ $2,700 installed.

Actman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advancedclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKUR, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
President and head cheerleader at ACT
Owners should carefully consider reliance upon insurance for a clutch failure leading to fire. Even with comprehensive coverage, some policies have exclusions and/or optional coverage for damage resulting from mechanical breakdown.
The insurance company will probably exclude coverage if you were negligent in following the recalls.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m in no hurry. Stock clutch with no issues. I want my dealership to do as many of these as possible before I decide to take it in, let others be the guinea pigs. Besides there will be that much more life left in the new parts the longer I wait. Sure, the risk is it could burn to the ground but whatever, insurance.
I feel the exact same way. My 2020 has had no issues and I am a knowledgeable driver when it comes to manual transmission. One of the main reasons I bought my Jeep in the first place.
Sponsored