Sponsored

Clutch kit recommendation

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Nice. Which centerforce kit did you go with? I’ve seen a few diffrent kits with diffrent part numbers/ material.
I went with the dual friction kit. I believe the Part number was KDF157077. Since I purchased last summer they’ve pulled the product for a re design. I think that’s why they they are hard to find at the moment. Not sure if the new revision will have the same part number or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ASarsano

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the dual friction kit. I believe the Part number was KDF157077. Since I purchased last summer they’ve pulled the product for a re design. I think that’s why they they are hard to find at the moment. Not sure if the new revision will have the same part number or not.
Awesome thanks for the info. What were some of the issues u encountered with the kit?

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Awesome thanks for the info. What were some of the issues u encountered with the kit?
The two major things I’ve had are sporadic engagement/chatter at idle rpm and really crumby/gritty pedal feel.

I know that others have had the pedal issue with completely stock setups. So I don’t think the centerforce is fully to blame for that one, but I don’t think the kits increase in pedal firmness helps either.

After spending a great deal of time trying to troubleshoot and remedy it all, I just learned to live with it. The clutch still grabs and functions correctly with no slipping, so I’ll continue to run it until that’s no longer the case.

Some have had really noticeable chatter and audible noises during clutch engagement. I haven’t seen anything like that yet, but I won’t be surprised if I eventually do.

OP
OP
ASarsano

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info deff sounds like the set up is still a viable option then. I’m coming from driving diesels and building drag stop cars so I’m quite used to some clutch chatter and a stiff feel (ran a lot of ACT externally pressure plates and 6 pick disks in corvettes)

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
OP
OP
ASarsano

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Found a good price on the stock clutch and ordered it so for now I’ll run the stock and keep my eyes open for updates on the aftermarket kits for later on down the road.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Last edited:

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Any update on your clutch? Have you wheeled it? Is it working out well?
I'm having problems with the Centerforce 2 I just had installed, and it seems like others have also had the same issues. Wondering what other options are out there?
Took all of a year to get to my door, and in that time I'm seeing the beginnings of the manual transmission failure I also chimed in on elsewhere on the forums. Jumping out of second gear when downshifting. So I'm waiting for the transmission to fail so they'll replace it under warranty without blaming it on the clutch.

TL:DR, it's still in the box and I haven't installed it yet.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Thanks for the update @agordon117 ! I appreciate it!
I'm sad to hear that you think your transmission is failing. Hope it hangs in there a while longer.
Sponsored

Last edited: