Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
That’s right you said it was a time consuming job.
Glad it’s working.
Sponsored

JessBiron

First Name
Jessika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler JLU
Jess, Ignore the one absurd (insulting) comment on this thread.

I'm happy that you and your dogs are safe. Quite frankly, my last four Jeeps prior to the JL were versions of the JK, and other than the fly by wire delay, which created obvious issues with the manual when moving from a dead stop, my opinion is that they were engineered much better than the JL model. If this were me, I'd drop back a couple of years and pick up a loaded Rubicon, with the stick, as a replacement. They did have a bushing on the shifter which "might" fail. Mine never did, but it was replaced along the way. The steering was much better than JL's, that's for sure. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thank you for the advice! I am definitely exploring all the options while this gets all sorted out. I can't wait to get back into a jeep.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Do you work for Stellantis legal? Sorry had to ask.
I was thinking a service writer at a dealership. Sounds like a canned response from one of them.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This poor girl, she was probably terrified. When it happened to my jeep my cousin was driving I was not there. She was driving On interstate 40 through Tennessee she said before she even had a chance to say do you smell that there was an explosion and she pulled off period pieces of my vehicle flew into The woods and my family being responsible attempted to put the fire out

4255F7B1-BA84-46BB-9B8F-5BE585CE56F9.png
Looks like Jeep went cheap on the floating plate and used cast iron?

OP
OP
krweatherl

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD 2021 4xe 2020 JTR (sold)
Has anyone reach out to 60 minutes?
This is a great idea. Media exposure might be the only way to get the giants attention. Surely there’s enough of these exploding clutch incidents out there to get their attention.

Sponsored

OP
OP
krweatherl

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a great idea. Media exposure might be the only way to get the giants attention. Surely there’s enough of these exploding clutch incidents out there to get their attention.
I know that 60 minutes has a contact email for their news desk. I would send them photos and everything that can be dug up on all the fires and send to them.

I remember what happened with all the Ford Pinto fires back in the day. They were all over the news.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Not going to derail your thread, but if I've learned anything in the last 2 years it's that the media is not our friend. Mainstream journalism is dead. You would turn more heads on Tik Tok.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not going to derail your thread, but if I've learned anything in the last 2 years it's that the media is not our friend. Mainstream journalism is dead. You would turn more heads on Tik Tok.
That’s very true. It’s lost it’s integrity. Shame.
I’ve never used tik tok lol. That’s not a bad idea.
Can post on Twitter too.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Also glad your niece is in good spirits. Jeep is a material and can be replaced, life cannot. Let us know when she purchases her new Jeep and hopefully she stays with the manual transmission.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also glad your niece is in good spirits. Jeep is a material and can be replaced, life cannot. Let us know when she purchases her new Jeep and hopefully she stays with the manual transmission.
Would anyone stay with a manual after that happened to them?

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Would anyone stay with a manual after that happened to them?
I would again and again. The 8 speed is too heavy and the powertrain loss is stupid high whem compared to the 6-speed manual.

Personally, I think the manual will be dead in the future if the go with the straight 6 motor that has been discussed here.

OP
OP
krweatherl

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the advice! I am definitely exploring all the options while this gets all sorted out. I can't wait to get back into a jeep.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is Jesica my niece, she is now a member and participating in this discussion. Thank you all for welcoming her so openly.
I wonder if there’s a way we could give her ownership of this thread since it’s really her story, not mine. It’s her loss, not mine. She lost not only her only vehicle but many of her most important possessions were in that Jeep.

Last edited:

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@krweatherl Message an administrator here and they can move the ownership to her. You can also use the "report" bell on bottom left of your thread and explain to administrator.
Sponsored