Sponsored

Fuhrmancj

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Wait there is a clutch overheat message? Where would this be displayed if it occured? Off-road pages? Or just driver dash light? First I've heard of it...And I would consider trading, also for a Willys XR perhaps, if not for the quick turn around I had been wrangler #2 and #3, won't fly with the misses!!!
The quote is BS. There are design, engineering, and implementation flaws with this clutch system.

The operator did not cause this.....
There are NO fire/alarm detection systems in this vehicle......or a operating procedure in your Jeep manual; stating what to do if your clutch pedal falls to the floor.

Mine exploded after both recalls. 13k in damage. Driving on highway no advanced notice.

Anyone this happened to is welcome to join my fb group Jeep Clutch Recall
Sponsored

Fuhrmancj

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
For all who had the clutch explosion or fire. Please reach out to me. Or
Facebook JEEP CLUTCH RECALL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You’re absolutely correct, and they should be responsible for replacing the clutch. Though that’s neither here nor there on a bbqed car.

If I hit a massive pothole that gave me a flat tire, the city would be responsible, sure. They can easily compensate for a blown tire. But if I keep driving to where the tire tears off, and the sparks from the rim burn my car down, is the city still responsible for buying me a new car?
Now I think you're just being purposely argumentative and a troll.
Why are you so hell bent in proving that this was the young lady's fault? It clearly wasn't and even on the off chance she did do something, the culpability is still on FCA.
There should be nothing that can happen when a person is just driving normally down the road that would lead to the thing combusting. She wasn't offroading, she didn't park on grass, nothing hit her........

Put it this way, if she went in and got her soft top fixed, then next day put the top down and went on the highway. On the highway it blows off. Is she also at fault for that as well? How would that situation be any different that her current issue?

Just stop dude. You're just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was looking at those pictures of the bellhousing holes. Reminded me of the days when I was drag racing and scattershields were required. I haven't heard of any leg/foot injuries from these failures in the JL. But it's bound to happen if they have enough events.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here’s a pic of my flywheel soon as I vacuum all the dust out I’ll take more pictures
Jeep Wrangler JL Clutch Fire (1 Day After Recall) Burns 2018 JLU to the Ground 7E9AA64A-792B-4620-8EBE-7880079C5257

Sponsored

Fuhrmancj

First Name
Catherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Now I think you're just being purposely argumentative and a troll.
Why are you so hell bent in proving that this was the young lady's fault? It clearly wasn't and even on the off chance she did do something, the culpability is still on FCA.
There should be nothing that can happen when a person is just driving normally down the road that would lead to the thing combusting. She wasn't offroading, she didn't park on grass, nothing hit her........

Put it this way, if she went in and got her soft top fixed, then next day put the top down and went on the highway. On the highway it blows off. Is she also at fault for that as well? How would that situation be any different that her current issue?

Just stop dude. You're just being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.
This poor girl, she was probably terrified. When it happened to my jeep my cousin was driving I was not there. She was driving On interstate 40 through Tennessee she said before she even had a chance to say do you smell that there was an explosion and she pulled off period pieces of my vehicle flew into The woods and my family being responsible attempted to put the fire out

4255F7B1-BA84-46BB-9B8F-5BE585CE56F9.png

OP
OP
krweatherl

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD 2021 4xe 2020 JTR (sold)
I’m not going to quote any one of the kind comments because you all deserve a thank you, it means a lot to Jesica. That you all could see so much of her spirit from 2 photos is amazing, she truly is a remarkable young woman who doesn’t know “quit”. A girl who tried out for and made it onto her Jr high boys football team, who tried out for and made it onto the Jr high and sr high wrestling teams, qualifying and competing for the state championship even with a torn ACL. One who gives up a large chunk of her winters coaching the girls wrestling team. A young woman who put herself through school to become a licensed massage therapist and then has the courage to be self employed in that profession. The one who on her own at 24 achieved her dream of owning a Jeep when she purchased her brand new 2018 JLU. And the one who can force a smile while her dream burns in the background. Yes Amazingly many of you saw that spirit through 2 photographs. I’m looking forward to helping her realize her dream when she gets her next jeep.

As for the one suspected of being a Stellantis mole, I was inclined to agree until I took a look the comments he made in the thread about women jeepers. Now I’m just convinced that this isn’t the only thing he’s clueless about.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-viewed-as-lesser.98176/page-3#post-2031718

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Ok, the Jl has been around for 5 model years, the JT 3, and what say about 300,000 together a year sold? Perhaps 10% are sticks? So ballpark 200,000 potential bad clutches. They sure aren't gonna replace em...but it still worries me even though the chances of it happening to any one of us is extremely small... Anyone in the know have an idea of how many of these instances will need to occur before its properly dealt with? Maybe they shouldn't have cheaped out with a clutch thats only rated to handle 12 ft/lb more than the pentastar puts out!!! A technology that is 120 plus years old shouldn't be having these problems.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
And again what are any signs/symptoms we need to be on the lookout for in the meantime?

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I’m not going to quote any one of the kind comments because you all deserve a thank you, it means a lot to Jesica. That you all could see so much of her spirit from 2 photos is amazing, she truly is a remarkable young woman who doesn’t know “quit”. A girl who tried out for and made it onto her Jr high boys football team, who tried out for and made it onto the Jr high and sr high wrestling teams, qualifying and competing for the state championship even with a torn ACL. One who gives up a large chunk of her winters coaching the girls wrestling team. A young woman who put herself through school to become a licensed massage therapist and then has the courage to be self employed in that profession. The one who on her own at 24 achieved her dream of owning a Jeep when she purchased her brand new 2018 JLU. And the one who can force a smile while her dream burns in the background. Yes Amazingly many of you saw that spirit through 2 photographs. I’m looking forward to helping her realize her dream when she gets her next jeep.

As for the one suspected of being a Stellantis mole, I was inclined to agree until I took a look the comments he made in the thread about women jeepers. Now I’m just convinced that this isn’t the only thing he’s clueless about.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rs-viewed-as-lesser.98176/page-3#post-2031718
The apples don't fall far from the tree Pop! She really does seem like she's got it all together and I suspect that her Dad does too!

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Yeah, it pops up in the primary display, you won't miss it. Now, again, I was in 4L, with a ton of tiny turns to get turned around in wet/muddy tight terrain because the next section wasn't happening. It was most definitely not normal driving, and hasn't happened since (this was probably with 2500 miles on it).

Far as the trade, I could pull it, I just really love having a manual, but..my JLUR will trade/sell for $46k right now (I paid $42k 8 months ago), I could get a Willy's XR for less than that pretty easily.
$46 is a good trade number. Who is giving that? I'm still shopping mine around now.
I'm getting a 23 Rubicon XR in Hydro blue auto. Time for my manual to go bye-bye.

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see her and her pups are okay. That picture with a smile on her face after the incident is the true Jeeper spirit. I need to add another fire extinguisher where I can quickly access from the driver seat.

My 6MT has had 60K miles and both recalls done. So far so good...... 🤞🤞🤞

OP
OP
krweatherl

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD 2021 4xe 2020 JTR (sold)
I can envision a scenario where a clutch fluid leak ignites a fire, spreads immediately to the throw-out bearing slave cylinder, that heat compromises the rear main seal and you’ve got all the fuel needed to create a real problem.
I no longer believe this scenario applies to this situation. After viewing the many photos of the damage done to the bell housing after the clutch exploded on other jl’s I’m almost certain her clutch pressure plate exploded and a chunk of the pressure plate struck a fuel line. Pressurized fuel spraying on a hot exhaust and the rest is history.
The crazy part is that this compromised pressure plate should have been discovered and replaced the day before when the dealership performed the recall.

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I agree, failed pressure plate breached the bellhousing and provided a means of damaging the fuel lines. This is really crazy that they are having this much trouble with a simple system that's been in use for decades.
Sponsored