LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Jeep doesnā€™t care is more like it.
I think this service on the forum could be and should be utilized better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Jeep Cares likely wonā€™t respond to this because of litigation. We all know how bean counters and lawyers are, they will fight this to the death.

TroyMclure

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn
Honestly. Even tho it was MY jeep.. I am still considering the manual, even after this ordeal.. I've been driving manuals since age 16. Drove an automatic for a year and a half and turned back to manuals. I just feel (ha) safer cause I have more control. This was definitely a mechanical failure. Jeep knew there was an issue. Which is why they issued a recall.. and sadly the recall was "band-aid" fix to the real problem. This recall was to lower torque from the engine so the clutch didn't slip.. they put a poor clutch in it for those years. And it seems as if they fixed it later realizing their error. It has been a tragic week (and day) but it was the way they made it
Hi. Sorry this happened to you. It must have been scary as hell.

I've been following this clutch problem for a while. I had been thinking about getting a JL, and in looking up reviews came across the first guy to start a thread about this problem. He experienced the same thing as you - driving on the freeway, foot off the clutch, heard a bang, and then his jeep caught on fire. It's been a while since I've read that thread, but if I remember right no one believed him - he must not know how to drive a manual transmission, etc. I think he started posting on facebook or twitter and found other people with this problem.

Anyway, I know this just happened recently, but have you been in contact with anyone at FCA? I'm curious what they have to say about the fact that the clutch grenaded after you had the recalls done. I've seen some other people report the clutch going out after they had the recalls done, so FCA should be made aware of this.

Last edited:

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Itā€™s just too much to risk with little kids, Iā€™m ordering the CF 2, in the meantime lucky to have a spare grand Cherokee to drive with kids if need be.