Sponsored

Clutch chatter in 1st, knocking on disengage/engage through 3rd

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
dealership wants to replace my clutch, flywheel and bearings. do i stay OEM or go centerforce? i've been trying to get up to date on all the clutch and centerforce threads here but there are so many -can anyone provide some quick insight? the clutch is not slipping, it's just got chatter and some knocking.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
If I were in your situation I’d go centerforce if the dealer will play ball and cover the labor under warranty. If they want to charge you 100%, I’d stick OEM for $free.99.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
If I were in your situation I’d go centerforce if the dealer will play ball and cover the labor under warranty. If they want to charge you 100%, I’d stick OEM for $free.99.
the dealership wants to charge for parts and labor. over $3k.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
the dealership wants to charge for parts and labor. over $3k.
If none of this is covered under warranty, I'd just find a good 4x4 shop or small mechanic that knows how to work on jeeps and have them do it and go with a centerforce.

OP
OP
Amaruq

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
thank you for your input. which centerforce clutch? also, have any of the posted issues been resolved with the CF?

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
thank you for your input. which centerforce clutch? also, have any of the posted issues been resolved with the CF?
I have my Jeep at OK4WD now getting a CFII installed. Will update with feedback but should be an improvement no matter what over the stocker.

I did not go with the dual friction model as the puck style on the one service can be more aggressive and potentially add chatter to the equation. Plus the CFII is rated for way more torque and HP then our 3.6 can provide.
Sponsored