Clunking sound with sway bar disconnects

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have Rock Krawler sway bar quick disconnects. I only have a couple thousand miles on them but they've developed a clunking noise. Took me a while to narrow down the noise. It's one of those things that seem magnified inside the cab. I've kept them lubed with the RK grease. I find it hard to believe the bushings would be worn already but maybe they are.

My question is this: is this type of sound just the nature of quick disconnects in general? If not, I'm going to switch brands. I have full RK suspension setup and am happy with everything else but this sound drives me freakin' crazy. I've got them disconnected right now because the sound is so bad.
Sponsored

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have JKS disconnects and they don’t clunk but they click like crazy.

OP
OP
IronScott

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have JKS disconnects and they don’t clunk but they click like crazy.
Ah! That's not much better. I'm halfway tempted to just run disconnected. I only use this JL around town and on the trails or in the woods.

Bril

First Name
Bill TxRedRubi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392, 2024 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rock Krawler sway bar quick disconnects. I only have a couple thousand miles on them but they've developed a clunking noise. Took me a while to narrow down the noise. It's one of those things that seem magnified inside the cab. I've kept them lubed with the RK grease. I find it hard to believe the bushings would be worn already but maybe they are.

My question is this: is this type of sound just the nature of quick disconnects in general? If not, I'm going to switch brands. I have full RK suspension setup and am happy with everything else but this sound drives me freakin' crazy. I've got them disconnected right now because the sound is so bad.
I had the same issue with the Gen 1 Rock Krawler JL front sway bar links and they just seemed to be prone to clunking under stress. I switched to the Gen 2 RK swaybar links which have an added offset and can be completely removed without any tools as there are quick release pins on both ends. I run with the front links completely removed doing any extended trail riding as I find the electronic disconnect annoying automatically reconnecting at higher speeds and not allowing you to disconnect in 2WD unless you have something like the Tazer.

20200805_191913.jpg
Sponsored