Sponsored

Cloth Seats Scotchgard

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
Has anyone with the premium cloth seats used scotchgard on them? I Should be getting my Rubicon in the next week or so and was thinking of doing this. Any experience or insight is appreciated
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@yz kid

I have leather in my Rubi JL... but I have Scotch Guarded my last 3 JK's. Anyway, Scotch Guard does the job it is meant to do.
When you apply, apply multiple, light coats and let each coat dry thoroughly before applying another coat. Will tie you vehicle up for a day as the coats take a little while to dry

OP
OP

yz kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
@yz kid

I have leather in my Rubi JL... but I have Scotch Guarded my last 3 JK's. Anyway, Scotch Guard does the job it is meant to do.
When you apply, apply multiple, light coats and let each coat dry thoroughly before applying another coat. Will tie you vehicle up for a day as the coats take a little while to dry
Thank you for the reply. Are they any negatives to scotchgard? Like hardening of the cloth making it less comfortable?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you for the reply. Are they any negatives to scotchgard? Like hardening of the cloth making it less comfortable?
Just do light coats. Let dry between coats. If you do one heavy coat you may see like white powder slugging off. Again, light coats. You can do rugs in foot well areas too if you want. Do it right and you will be clueless you applied it.

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
I applied 2-3 light coats of scotchguard to my seats like a month ago. On my front passenger seat, someone has sat there maybe 10-15 times since application. Then some rain drops fell onto the seat yesterday and the water just got absorbed into the seat like nothing. Little to no beading.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a can of automobile scotchgard for my JLU Sahara and applied 3x coats of it to everything that was fabric or carpet, not sure it will help but can’t hurt, no sure it repels water as I have not tested it.
Sponsored