Cloth Seat Photos?

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
iPhone camera and lighting. It made the cloth in the Sport look gray-ish, too.

C4BDCE44-391D-48E0-B9B9-14649EC523EF.jpeg 835BF03A-8360-4121-A8EB-F233E1A48E38.jpeg 51019268-116C-4208-B778-2D43C213B68D.jpeg
Don't those cloth seats pretty much look grey? I thought the description was "black cloth seats." Plus the cloth seats on the builder are much darker and actually look black. :whatsgoingon:
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. That is kind of good because I was kind of jealous of the Rubi cloth from the pictures. Maybe I just caught a glimpse of that honeycomb when I was hungry...

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think "Premium Cloth" means what people think it means. All it does mean is that it has a few extras over regular cloth.

Lumbar
Stitched 'Sahara' or 'Rubicon' logos
colored stitching
slighting higher sides
more 'plush' material

They dont eject, or make you breakfast, or have some other hidden gem that makes them premium....but they do save you $1400 on leather that has to be treated regularly and may get (slightly) messed up in the rain so that is a :like:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I dont think "Premium Cloth" means what people think it means. All it does mean is that it has a few extras over regular cloth.

Lumbar
Stitched 'Sahara' or 'Rubicon' logos
colored stitching
slighting higher sides
more 'plush' material
Those things all seem premium to me.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Those things all seem premium to me.

I’ve sat in both the sport and Rubi with cloth, the sports cloth is fine... the Rubi seat material blows it out of the water however, anyone that says the only difference is red stitching clearly hasn’t actually spent any time with them.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I’ve sat in both the sport and Rubi with cloth, the sports cloth is fine... the Rubi seat material blows it out of the water however, anyone that says the only difference is red stitching clearly hasn’t actually spent any time with them.
Thank you for this! My dealer has a sport in cloth and I was about to go look and use that to determine if I want leather or cloth in my rubi! Guess I'll wait until I can find a rubi with cloth to look at in person.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Is there any user experience yet with the JL headrests on the front seats? Do they still tilt forward as much as on the JK? My wife liked the JK during our test drive last summer ... until she moved from the back to front seat. She said the JK was a no-go unless I could modify the front headrest. Which I can do - but hoping the JL is not pushing so far forward?

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Any pictures (not from the website) of the Rubi cloth seats?

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to take a second to post this here before it gets lost in the thread it originated in. I do NOT take any credit for acquiring this photo, this came originally from @TPFilm1994 in a separate thread. Rubicon premium cloth seats in the real world!
C8D6BB27-28F0-42AD-BAC6-DD1B08524EC6.jpeg
I had missed this pic! Awesome. Any more?

jeep4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon jl
I have a rubicon with cloth seats and I just got it, and it does have the pattern in the middle just as banessi posted above with the red stitching. I will try to post some pic at work tonight.

Sponsored

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I have a rubicon with cloth seats and I just got it, and it does have the pattern in the middle just as banessi posted above with the red stitching. I will try to post some pic at work tonight.
We've been told that the seats are actually black (with patterned dark gray in the middle), and that pictures like this make the seats appear much lighter (gray) than they actually are. Would you agree?