Sponsored

Cloth seat cleaning for stains

NJbeachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
What products do you all use to get stains out of your cloth seats?! Dealership service department left a stain on my new seats after fixing scratches on the vehicle. Anything in particular you can recommend that will remove the stain without discoloring the seat or making rings/making the stain worse? Anyone ever used a handheld carpet cleaning tool for something like this?

E56C8EA9-001C-4EA4-8201-A47583D249E8.jpeg
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I use a clean wet, wrung out micro fiber cloth to clean my seats and it works very well. That looks like grease though. So dab some Dawn dish was detergent on it first, then rub it in with a damp micro fiber. Let it set in for a minute or two, then follow up with a wet, wrung out micro fiber, rubbing that area, not just the spot, firmly. If some of it is still there after it dries, try some Tough Stuff spray cleaner. Follow it up with a clean wet, wrung out micro fiber.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Chemical are chemicals, which means all products work. Procedure is more important.

I personally use All Purpose Cleaner diluted to spray down and saturate the seat. I've found pre-saturation will greatly help carpet cleaning- both in a car and anywhere else. After this, I'll generously spray the cloth with a carpet cleaner foaming spray. I use the Turtlewax one linked below, but you can substitute this with any carpet cleaner foamer. They all work.

Let it dwell for a minute, maybe two. Then use a proper carpet cleaning brush(the ones that come with the foamer are okay, not the best) and agitate all over the seat. Place particular emphasis on where the stain is and around it, but still make sure to get the whole seat. It's important to spray and agitate the whole seat, as for whatever reason this helps remove the stain entirely.

I then use a shopvac to extract the water/dirt. I find this gives the best results short of a professional carpet cleaning machine. It's not truly needed though, you can use a microfiber towel or two to wipe down the seat good. But an extractor definitely does a better job. It's less tiring, aswell.

Turtle Wax Power Out! Carpet and Mats Heavy Duty Cleaner Spray 18oz (autozone.com)

How to clean ugly car stain with Turtle Wax Upholstery Cleaner - YouTube

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I think the carpet brush would make the seat fuzzy afterwards. Try the least amount of cleaners/chemicals first. They always do damage that compounds after regular use and make the interior look worn beyond its time. They do work well though for the guy who trashes his interior for a few years, then wants it clean.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@NJbeachbum

Do not try to clean!

Once you fool with it ... you try to remove that stain.... you will have trouble trying to get dealer to clean or replace that seat on you new, 2022 JL.

BEFORE you do anything with your new, 2022 JL regarding that stain .... go in and politely and calmly, talk to the SERVICE Manager.... again the Service Manager at the Jeep dealership you were dealing with.

Even if they subed the work out to a body shop, etc., they are still the one's that you would want to deal with.

You also would be wise to contact the Jeep dedicated customer service number and open up a claim... That rep will reach out to the dealer.

IF needed, they will replace your seat.

---

Regardless of what anyone here spews, the best move is to CALL the Dedicated Stellantis Customer Care # and not message Jeep Cares through the forum..

Dedicated Jeep Customer Assistance: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 which takes you directly to a "Jeep Advisor". An advisor that will properly open a case for you .

Last edited:

Sponsored

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
What products do you all use to get stains out of your cloth seats?! Dealership service department left a stain on my new seats after fixing scratches on the vehicle. Anything in particular you can recommend that will remove the stain without discoloring the seat or making rings/making the stain worse? Anyone ever used a handheld carpet cleaning tool for something like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cloth seat cleaning for stains E56C8EA9-001C-4EA4-8201-A47583D249E8
Do not try to clean that. The seat cover is relatively cheap and easy to replace. The dealer needs to just replace it. Just be cool about it and they will. Call jeep customer cares if they do happen to fight you. But I would not touch that and I would head down to the dealer today.

OP
OP
NJbeachbum

NJbeachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the carpet brush would make the seat fuzzy afterwards. Try the least amount of cleaners/chemicals first. They always do damage that compounds after regular use and make the interior look worn beyond its time. They do work well though for the guy who trashes his interior for a few years, then wants it clean.
Good points!

OP
OP
NJbeachbum

NJbeachbum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NJbeachbum

Do not try to clean!

Once you fool with it ... you try to remove that stain.... you will have trouble trying to get dealer to clean or replace that seat on you new, 2022 JL.

BEFORE you do anything with your new, 2022 JL regarding that stain .... go in and politely and calmly, talk to the SERVICE Manager.... again the Service Manager at the Jeep dealership you were dealing with.

Even if they subed the work out to a body shop, etc., they are still the one's that you would want to deal with.

You also would be wise to contact the Jeep dedicated customer service number and open up a claim... That rep will reach out to the dealer.

IF needed, they will replace your seat.

---

Regardless of what anyone here spews, the best move is to CALL the Dedicated FCA Customer Care # and not message Jeep Cares through the forum..

Dedicated Jeep Customer Assistance: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 which takes you directly to a "Jeep Advisor". An advisor that will properly open a case for you with FCA.
The dealership basically talked to me like I was being a pain for complaining about scratches on a brand new Jeep, then while fixing that they created this stain. It happened almost a week ago, I just haven’t had time to go back as it’s not close by either. Do you think they’ll still take care of it even though it happened a week ago?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The dealership basically talked to me like I was being a pain for complaining about scratches on a brand new Jeep, then while fixing that they created this stain. It happened almost a week ago, I just haven’t had time to go back as it’s not close by either. Do you think they’ll still take care of it even though it happened a week ago?
@NJbeachbum

First call the dedicated customer assistance number and explain the situation and the rep will document and undoubtedly reach out to the dealership...

Then go in and politely and calmly talk to the Service Manager... IF he/she brushes the issue off, go and politely and calmly speak to the dealership General Manager.

Remember in life.... IF you don't ask you don't get... Always ask.

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Tip for anyone finding this thread later:

If you have cloth seats, treat them with Hydro Threads or 303 when you bring the Jeep home. Re-treat your driver’s seat (and any heavily used pax seats) about once per year.

It makes a big difference in your ability to release stains when they inevitably show up.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I keep meaning to Scotch Guard my seats, but haven't gotten around to it. This thread reminds me that I should. I am having great results cleaning them with a damp micro fiber. I clean the dash and interior surfaces the same way.

I would not let the dealer mess with that at all. They will send their lowest paid flunky out there to try it He'll probably use Simple Green and a red shop rag.

Edit, Hydro Threads and 303 for cloth seats, I need to look that up. 303 is the only thing I'll use on plastic surfaces and rubber seals.
Sponsored