Cloth/rag for cleaning dashboard

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Been using microfiber cloths for years to clean the interior of my cars. Usually the multi pack ones from the auto store. They work well but I find they leave little lint hairs, even after washing several times.

Would a better quality microfiber cloth work better. Or this there a better type of cloth/rag to use.
Sponsored

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Usually the better the microfiber cloth the less lint you will get. I would try on of Adam's high end ones.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I have been buying only cobra cloths from auto geek for well over 12 years. I pretty much have every one they make. I use thier grey with red stitch for interior. First few times u get a bit of hairs but then with proper washing u donā€™t. Washing tech has a lot to do with it also. You have to use the microfiber suds and u have to dry on lowest heat cause if u donā€™t u melt the microfiber hairs.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Itā€™s not just the cloth but also what you are using with it in terms of cleaner or protectant. I stopped using the standard protectants and actually use Turtle Wax Spray wax on my interior. Catches all the dust and lint really well. Give it a try.

OP
OP
wchevron

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I've been using Mothers VLR (vinyl, rubber, leather) I find it works well, others have suggested 303 Protectant. Will try the Adams or Cobra cloths and see how those work out first.

Now that my kids are driving, and sometimes cleaning the car, I've had to write up a list for each cloth color and it's use. I'd find them using the dashboard cloth on the windows etc.

If I can ever get off my ass, I have a small embroidery machine and I'll embroider each use on each cloth.
Did that on my boat and it works well.

Sponsored

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
I know itā€™s not microfiber but I use a California duster and it works well. I just figured Iā€™d throw out another idea.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Kirkland microfibers from Costco have worked well for me. And the Quickie Jobsite heavy duty yellow ones from Home Depot work well too.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Been using microfiber cloths for years to clean the interior of my cars. Usually the multi pack ones from the auto store. They work well but I find they leave little lint hairs, even after washing several times.

Would a better quality microfiber cloth work better. Or this there a better type of cloth/rag to use.
I use a swifter duster to get most of it picked up as it's static charge helps, and it won't scratch the gauge cluster.

Then I use a damp microfiber cloth to get the rest - avoiding gauge cluster clear plastic.

jeepn412

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392, 2005 wrangler LJ
check out theragcompany.com . I have good luck with finding all different rags I need there.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Snap-On makes some really nice Microfiber towels too.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I like to use moist towelletts. So not only do they do a crappy job drying out your vinyl and leather, but have the added bonus of making your ride smell like you just ate KFC.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
As mentioned Kirkland from Costco work well and offer a great bang for your buck.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The Kirkland microfibers from Costco have worked well for me. And the Quickie Jobsite heavy duty yellow ones from Home Depot work well too.
Kirkland from Costco, I agree. You get a whole big bunch of them. They are a little stiff right out of the wrap, but once washed, they are great rags.

Bazinga

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door
Plus one for the rag company. Quality stuff.
I typically use the mequiers matte interior whipes for cleaning.
Sponsored