Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I work with computers and email all day, every day. I would be completely overwhelmed if I had 100 email threads from buyers plus all the the email threads with just questions from prospective buyers (like me) and I don't have another set of responsibilities beyond that. I have a lot of sympathy for Mitch. He's getting a lot of us forum members into new Jeeps at a very good price. I also have a lot of sympathy for all of us who were not able to get this good of a deal on a Jeep. I'm just excited to get a Jeep.
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I fully expect the deals to get only better from here with inventories going up and demand going down. Time will tell.

Maxx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL4XE
I work with computers and email all day, every day. I would be completely overwhelmed if I had 100 email threads from buyers plus all the the email threads with just questions from prospective buyers (like me) and I don't have another set of responsibilities beyond that. I have a lot of sympathy for Mitch. He's getting a lot of us forum members into new Jeeps at a very good price. I also have a lot of sympathy for all of us who were not able to get this good of a deal on a Jeep. I'm just excited to get a Jeep.
Respectfully, going to disagree. This isn't some humanitarian mission saving people without Jeeps. It's business and he is in it to make money.

Simple solution would have been to state upfront 100 spots available, assigned in order of initial contact with deposit required to hold spot. Plain and simple. Not rocket science.

Enjoy your new Jeep!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Yeah, no problems at all dealing with Mitch for my order either. Was very responsive in answering all of my questions and getting things going and finalized, though this all happened several days before he announced a deadline to the offer. Still waiting for my Priced Order Confirmation (POC), which should've been available immediately after the VON was issued, but otherwise, no problems so far.

I do recall him mentioning doing 100 orders, but never got the impression that it was a hard cap in addition to the deadline. Stating both upfront likely would've saved some heartache and wasted time, but not much can be done about that now I suppose.

MeatRack

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 2023 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Respectfully, going to disagree. This isn't some humanitarian mission saving people without Jeeps. It's business and he is in it to make money.

Simple solution would have been to state upfront 100 spots available, assigned in order of initial contact with deposit required to hold spot. Plain and simple. Not rocket science.

Enjoy your new Jeep!
You make a lot of sense. It certainly (EDIT: could) have been handled better.

And thank you, I'm excited to get my Jeep! I hope you find a better, convenient deal on your Jeep if you haven't found one already.

Sponsored

Willys4Me

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2023 JLR Willys Silver Zynith
Occupation
IT Security
I emailed Mitch last week before the deadline and got a timely response. I had a question about something not on the order he sent back and emailed that question before the deadline. I didn't receive a response from him until this past Tuesday, which was of course after the deadline. At that point he said they had already filled all the spots and that he couldn't take my order. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that spots had already been filled prior to me asking my question. I would have hoped to have been told originally that he needed to know by x time or else I might miss the cutoff. Unfortunately I didn't get that response. No ill feelings as I simply didn't pull the trigger fast enough...but also the communication wasn't as clear as I would have hoped.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I emailed Mitch last week before the deadline and got a timely response. I had a question about something not on the order he sent back and emailed that question before the deadline. I didn't receive a response from him until this past Tuesday, which was of course after the deadline. At that point he said they had already filled all the spots and that he couldn't take my order. I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that spots had already been filled prior to me asking my question. I would have hoped to have been told originally that he needed to know by x time or else I might miss the cutoff. Unfortunately I didn't get that response. No ill feelings as I simply didn't pull the trigger fast enough...but also the communication wasn't as clear as I would have hoped.
So this deal
Is no longer available? That sucks.
I was getting excited to order from him too. Oh well. I’ll find another dealer.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Search for Ourisman on some other forums and you'll see these are not isolated incidents. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out...
Ourisman is off the radar..,.

RubiVane

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Has anyone of the 100 ordered received a VIN?

Skyward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JL
Yep, had to reach out, mine is scheduled and have a ship date, ordered 7/21
congrats! Are you still working with Mitch or did you get handed off to someone else? Also, is your ship date in the pizza tracker?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.