clockwise 5 tire rotation- from dealer

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Just took advantage of a Jeep Wave oil change and rotation. This is the 1st time a dealer has touched my vehicles for routine maintenance in 15yrs +. I've always been about doing my own maintenance.

I have always done the "reverse cross" on my Jeeps and "X cross" on 4 tire.

I marked my tires with chalk before the service. When I picked it up, I noticed that the dealer had done a "clockwise"(tires switched in order clockwise) rotation. Did I miss something, Is this a new thing for tread wear? I was on my lunch break and didn't want to second guess the mechanic so I rode away.

I guess I'll get the jack stands ready?
Sponsored

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
About to rotate my tires myself for the first time on my JL. Haven't had a full size spare before, so I'm wondering, is there an issue with TPMS when rotating in and out the spare?

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Should have been done this way:

For RearWD/4WD w/Full size spare

54CD352A-80F4-406E-95C6-08C72B40065D.jpeg
I have a version of this rearward cross laminated and in my glove box, hand to the dealer when they do my rotations. I usually do my own rotations but in winter months I will let the dealer do it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I took my JL to the guys at DT I always deal with to get a tire rotation, long story but the dealer is gonna do the last two oil changes over the next year and I’m done with them. Anyway I was all prepared to pay for the rotation at DT and they said no charge unless they need balanced and they did a clockwise rotation which I thought was odd so I asked and the tech told me it the easiest and fastest way for them to do it and as long as it’s done that way all the time the tires will wear even.

Rubicon2019

First Name
Elcid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Ford F-350, 2015 Audi S7,
How often do you guys recommend rotating the tires

Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I ordered tires + wheels + TPMS + balancing online and received them at home and installed myself. I’m definitely not mechanical but can get by. Just took it slow and checked and re-checked and torqued and re-torqued. Now I feel fine knowing I can rotate them myself and thanks to this site I can do it in the right order and I know it’s done right. It’s really a pretty easy job, assuming you don’t need to balance, and you can handle the tire+wheel weight.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Circular rotation will accomplish the same thing and is easier to do at home if you ever decide to.

OP
OP
ItsUhJEEP

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
thx all for the replies. I think I may just stick with a clockwise pattern from here on out. It's hard to stray from the Ole reverse cross but I still have a couple of freebies on Jeep Wave so may as well give it a whirl. Im stoked Jeep got away from the GoodYear Wranglers and went with BFG. I remember those Goodys cupping bad **edit insert: on the Rubicons

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About to rotate my tires myself for the first time on my JL. Haven't had a full size spare before, so I'm wondering, is there an issue with TPMS when rotating in and out the spare?
I’ve rotated all 5 tires twice on my JL, no TPMS issues at all.
Sponsored