Climate control malfunction

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
180 miles on my wrangler. The rear camera lines not working and now I have no manual or auto control of climate. The U connect is not switching to on mode. Frozen in off mode. Would appreciate any ideas.
thanks,
Dan
Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

180 miles on my wrangler. The rear camera lines not working and now I have no manual or auto control of climate. The U connect is not switching to on mode. Frozen in off mode. Would appreciate any ideas.
thanks,
Dan
Check your fuses!!! When my Jeep was delivered they were not all seated. You should feel a click.

OP
OP

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Check your fuses!!! When my Jeep was delivered they were not all seated. You should feel a click.
Good idea. I did find a few fuses that weren’t seated. That wasn’t the problem through. I currently have the battery disconnected. Will let you know if that works.

OP
OP

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Good idea. I did find a few fuses that weren’t seated. That wasn’t the problem through. I currently have the battery disconnected. Will let you know if that works.
OK, the rear camera lines are functioning again but no climate control. If U- connect is this sensitive to start, what will it be like down the road.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It's a "Jeep Thang". Sorry to hear, and welcome to owning a Wrangler. Make friends with your favorite service advisor .

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
It's a "Jeep Thang". Sorry to hear, and welcome to owning a Wrangler. Make friends with your favorite service advisor .
Typically, I wouldn’t tolerate these issues with such an expensive product. I don’t know what it is, I just like the wrangler. It’s as if your favorite dog craps in your path and you can’t correct it except for picking it up and continuing on.

OP
OP

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Update with climate control.
this time I disconnect all the frame grounds along with the positive terminal. The climate control is working fine. LOL the rear camera lines are gone again. Guess I can’t have both.

OP
OP

Dan Richie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Took it to the dealer. Need to replace the climate control relay.

New problem. The stop start/ e-torque not working

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
pull fuse 97. allow to sit for at least a minute. This should kill power to the unit. there are so many different ways the jeep suppied power to things in the Jeep this is the only way I know I am killing power to the unit.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Took it to the dealer. Need to replace the climate control relay.

New problem. The stop start/ e-torque not working
I don't have E-Torque, but for the Stop/Start, I had the IBS(Intelligent Battery Sensor) replaced, and that solved that issue. All fuses were checked prior.
The Climate Control Relays, were one of the first things replaced on my Jeep. All the climate controls would freeze up, when starting, and it would take a while for them to start up(Reboot). Eventually it would take several minutes to reboot and start working. That really sucked in the almost 100 degree humid weather. Replacing the controls instantly cured this issue.
Like I said make friends with your service advisor, because these little Gremlins seem to plague many of these Wranglers. Hopefully they will not be reoccurring issues. I just want this Wrangler to be as trouble free as my 98 TJ was.
Sponsored