Sponsored

Climate Control Issue?

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have no idea if it's just me with this issue but I've realized with the front windshield defrost on, AC on or off, and the temperature ranging between 65-71 degrees that it's never consistent. I'll sometimes get ice cold air at 66 degrees and the next day it'll be hot as hell, or at a slightly higher temp. it'll give me a nice consistent temp. and then decide on it's own whether to be hot or cold. My JLUR is currently at the body shop getting it's grill repainted, yes I have the white one, and I notified the dealership AGAIN that I'm having this issue after they dismissed it the first time. Let me know if you're having similar issues.
Sponsored

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have no idea if it's just me with this issue but I've realized with the front windshield defrost on, AC on or off, and the temperature ranging between 65-71 degrees that it's never consistent. I'll sometimes get ice cold air at 66 degrees and the next day it'll be hot as hell, or at a slightly higher temp. it'll give me a nice consistent temp. and then decide on it's own whether to be hot or cold. My JLUR is currently at the body shop getting it's grill repainted, yes I have the white one, and I notified the dealership AGAIN that I'm having this issue after they dismissed it the first time. Let me know if you're having similar issues.

I thought it was just me....Same exact issue which I just recently noticed...Does exactly what u said.. I haven't used the defroster up until the past couple weeks with the rain we have had..

OP
OP
Jeepy Jeepy

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I thought it was just me....Same exact issue which I just recently noticed...Does exactly what u said.. I haven't used the defroster up until the past couple weeks with the rain we have had..
My JL had about 1k miles when I bought it (GM drove it around) and since purchasing I've noticed it. I don't know what to do cause the service rep. I've been dealing said she didn't notice it the first time the JL went into the shop, hopefully this time around she'll see what I meant back then. Getting it back tomorrow so I'll update you on what she says.

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
It is the automatic climate control, I'm sure.

Screenshot_20180919-042129.jpg

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I run mine in auto all the time and it seems to be ok, the only issue I have is the recirc damper randomly opens and blows warm air in from behind the glove box but this has been discussed in another thread.

OP
OP
Jeepy Jeepy

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
As before they found no issue, gonna have to use that automatic feature and see what's good with it.

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
I run mine in auto all the time and it seems to be ok, the only issue I have is the recirc damper randomly opens and blows warm air in from behind the glove box but this has been discussed in another thread.
Can you post a link to that thread?

Joshdamn

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Toyota Tundra
Our heater is really working or failing? If you set the temp at 72-80 degrees on defrost the air comes out between 43 and 181 degrees. If/when it starts blowing 160+ (without adjusting anything) if you slow down or come to a stop the it gets really cold. Drive down the road for a bit and it climbs to 160+ OR it just stays cold for 10 minutes or so. It has a mind of its own. Again you just set the defrost on XX degrees and start driving. You will bake, freeze and do everything in between. If you hit the “auto” button it switches randomly between vents, defrost, vents and the floor and back. The good news is the temp has the control of a cruise ship full of women on menopause. We call the Jeep “Katy Perry” cause it’s hot and then cold...took it in once and Jeep couldn’t recreate the issue brought it back in and they saw it first hand and have ZERO idea how to fix it.

Sponsored

Viz5234

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have been having a similar issue, I only run in manual mode, and it will blow very hot, then it slowly starts changing to cool, lukewarm air, even when set to 80 degrees. I took it to the dealership, brought the rep out and had him feel the cold air coming out. They said it was fixed by a software update, and there was a technical service bulletin 08-042-18 for this issue. We shall see!

RajCaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited - Sahara Trim
It is the automatic climate control, I'm sure.

Screenshot_20180919-042129.jpg
So that I understand correctly...while in "Auto", setting the temperature on the climate control system doesn't mean that should be the temperature of the air coming out of the system, but instead, the temperature of the system will be what is needed to get the internal cabin temp to what you've set.

For example, if it's cold outside, and the internal temp of the cabin is 50 degrees....setting it to 72 might blow out hot air. If it's hot outside, and the internal temp of the cabin is 100 degrees....setting it to 72 might blow out cold air.

That right?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
It works like the thermostat in your house. Set it to a temperature that is comfortable, and it will keep it there.
Sponsored