Clicking sound when turning left or right at a low speed

Melis3180

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Hello all, wondering if anyone has a similar sound when turning left or right at a low speed. I’ve had it at the mechanic - all bolts are tight, ball joints were tightened and the sound still persists. Any ideas?!? (2021 JLU Sahara Altitude Unlimited, 1.5 inch spacer/leveling kit, 35 x 12.5 KO2’s) **First 5 seconds of the video attached**

Sponsored

Last edited:

Misaruiz

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I also have that clicking sound. Same scenario.

I don't have any answers but I'm following this thread. I'm going to the dealership soon to find out what's up.

Wa_JL

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2018
I have this also I notice it as well when going uphill and accelerating from a lot speed. It is also only occasionally but has gotten to the multiple times a day point. Dealership said they didn’t hear it and lubed my tailgate for “rattling”:mad: let me know what your dealership says!

Misaruiz

First Name
Misael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Dealer fixed the clicking noise, they said ball joint screws were loose. He mentioned that it's a common thing that they arrive lose from the factory.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had the same clicking sound. Tightened the castle nuts on the 4 ball-joints to the next cotter pin hole and it's mostly gone (slight sound on rare occasions now, vs constant loud sounds before).

Don't bother with torque wrench precision, since you need to move one hole at a time. Unless yours are already tight (in which case take no action) just more to the next alignment hole.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
No noise here, but steering is better after tightening.

I never heard this noise on my 2019 JLUR so I just never checked my ball joints to see how tight they are. Until today. Checked and found all four needed to be tightened. I could easily turn each of the nuts with little effort. And while I was under there, I tightened the tie rod ends and drag link ends since they were also not tight as they should be.

Okay so I drive to work and not surprising that my Jeep's steering has improved noticeably. Less wandering and less correcting at the steering wheel. Seems to maintain a straight line and doesn't gravitate to the shoulder like before.
Sponsored