Clicking noise under drivers side dash when losing traction

Compurgator

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4D
Edit: the sound is pretty clear at 0:06-0:09 seconds in the shorter video, like a rapid ticking. You can hear the sound a bunch in the second video, but there's also a tiny bell attached to a little Frankenstein dude on my rearview mirror ringing at times which is confusing, so sorry about that lol.

Hey guys, been scouring the forums looking for someone with the same issue but haven't been able to find anything quite matching. I've had two JKs before, just got my first JL (2023 Rubicon Unlimited w 3.6 eTorque). When the vehicle is losing traction I'm getting a clicking sound under the driver's side dash; haven't heard this noise before. I did see the manual said when ESC engages you can get some clicking or buzzing, wasn't sure if this was something anyone else had experienced. Happens in 2H with ESC off, and even 4H with all ESC functions off (holding down traction off button for 5s). Any input you guys can offer would be great 🤘

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Compurgator

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4D
That's the sound I'm referring to, you nailed it. It's clearest from 0:07 to 0:09 in the shorter clip. It's like a rapid ticking noise. The longer video is kind of confusing I just realized bc I have a tiny Frankenstein hanging from my rearview mirror and he has a little bell on him (gift from my wife lol).

HK1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr sport 3.6etorq AT
That's the sound I'm referring to, you nailed it. It's clearest from 0:07 to 0:09 in the shorter clip. It's like a rapid ticking noise. The longer video is kind of confusing I just realized bc I have a tiny Frankenstein hanging from my rearview mirror and he has a little bell on him (gift from my wife lol).
Well great that its located, so an expert can pinpoint what it is...

I don't know, it could be traction control solenoid firing.

I just got the jeep too and have a auto, didn't manage to trigger esc yet, just guessing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Compurgator

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 4D
Awesome guys, figured it was something normal for the JL. Appreciate the quick responses!
Sponsored