Sponsored

Cleghorn Ridge Sunday 3/27

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Anyone interested in meeting up to do Cleghorn Ridge on Sunday 3/27? I've never been but have seen some photos/videos and looks like a lot of fun. I don't have a ton of offroad experience so looking to go out with a group.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Free bump, dont think ill make it, but ill probably be in big bear that weekend

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
bumping my own thread in case anyone decides to join tomorrow. Going early probably around 8AM

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So did you end up going? How was it? Haven't been out there in about a year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
So did you end up going? How was it? Haven't been out there in about a year.
I did! I wasn't able to find another Jeeper to go but did bring a friend along just to have some company and spotter. We got to the trail at 8A and only ran into a group of trucks and some dirt bikers along the way.

Had a great time. I did a couple of the offshoots nothing too crazy. Was out there till about 1130A and then we drove over to Silverwood Lake to check that out.

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
We are going to hit Cleghorn this Sat always a fun spot. Did you do The Chute?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cleghorn Ridge Sunday 3/27 1648784619119

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
We are going to hit Cleghorn this Sat always a fun spot. Did you do The Chute?

Jeep Wrangler JL Cleghorn Ridge Sunday 3/27 1648784619119
We got to The Chute, took one look and turned right around lol . Looks like fun to do in someone else's Jeep. ;)

kubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
LOL I have been there before and a wise choice without another Jeeper with you.

NotARubicon posted all the off shoots. It's an older video and the trail is a bit rougher today but still a good watch.

Post if you go again, will try and make it.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I went down the Chute Sunday in my JLU Sport Altitude and survived with a swirl on my rear passenger plastic fender. My buddy in an '04 LX470 knocked two tires off the beads and we spent 3+ with the help of some fantastic four-wheelers that saved the day and taught us a ton of how to fix yourself and get the fuck out. I learned how to reseat and inflate a tire without removing it from vehicle. After that I tried to take us the easy way to Silver Lake, but no, my first time there and I directed us down all but a couple of the rest of toughest offshoots. We were on the trail from 11 am to 8:30 pm. The toughest -- and most fun -- 4 wheeling I've ever done. The only one I backed up and went around was the Cleghammer II and the very last (or first, we dis it west to east) difficult section when the trail finally met back up with the for road. I swear some of that seemed tougher than the Chute, at least more up and down and deep holes, but we had no choice once we made it through

Sponsored

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I went down the Chute Sunday in my JLU Sport Altitude and survived with a swirl on my rear passenger plastic fender. My buddy in an '04 LX470 knocked two tires off the beads and we spent 3+ with the help of some fantastic four-wheelers that saved the day and taught us a ton of how to fix yourself and get the fuck out. I learned how to reseat and inflate a tire without removing it from vehicle. After that I tried to take us the easy way to Silver Lake, but no, my first time there and I directed us down all but a couple of the rest of toughest offshoots. We were on the trail from 11 am to 8:30 pm. The toughest -- and most fun -- 4 wheeling I've ever done. The only one I backed up and went around was the Cleghammer II and the very last (or first, we dis it west to east) difficult section when the trail finally met back up with the for road. I swear some of that seemed tougher than the Chute, at least more up and down and deep holes, but we had no choice once we made it through
Did you take any video? We definitely took the easy way down towards the lake and then stopped there to check it out. The lake was actually really disappointing. It was full of people, trash blowing down the beach and little kids throwing trash into the lake and watching it float away.

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Did you take any video? We definitely took the easy way down towards the lake and then stopped there to check it out. The lake was actually really disappointing. It was full of people, trash blowing down the beach and little kids throwing trash into the lake and watching it float away.
I have a 25 minute first-cut that's not quite ready for primetime, but you can view it here, plus any updates that will come:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ChuckBaldwinOutdoors/videos

MAN WHAT A DAY!

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport