MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Got out for a good run on some backroads and ended up in a spot where I only had 2 wheels on the ground so a good opportunity to check if my clearance issues in the rear were solved. You can see that the rear left is fully stuffed and there is enough clearance still to get my fingers between the wheel and fender. In the last picture you can see that the left rear is right on the bump stop. The left front is just touching the ground and the right front is close to fully compressed with lots of clearance.

Included a glamour shot just to show off...it is a beautiful day on the west coast.
IMG_1003.jpg

This is the weird position I ended up in. The Jeep is balanced on the left rear and right front.
IMG_0986.jpg

Here is the stuffed left rear. Lots of clearance with the Nitto 285/75R17.
IMG_0978.jpg

This is the left front, you can see the EVO spacer and bump stop. Also a good shot of the King shocks.
IMG_0979.jpg

The left front
IMG_0980.jpg

Here is the left rear showing the fully compressed bump stop against the EVO spacer. Just to the right of the "R" in the word "Racing" on the shock.
IMG_0982.jpg
Sponsored

Chrisdoza

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku rubicon
Got out for a good run on some backroads and ended up in a spot where I only had 2 wheels on the ground so a good opportunity to check if my clearance issues in the rear were solved. You can see that the rear left is fully stuffed and there is enough clearance still to get my fingers between the wheel and fender. In the last picture you can see that the left rear is right on the bump stop. The left front is just touching the ground and the right front is close to fully compressed with lots of clearance.

Included a glamour shot just to show off...it is a beautiful day on the west coast.
IMG_1003.jpg

This is the weird position I ended up in. The Jeep is balanced on the left rear and right front.
IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

This is the left front, you can see the EVO spacer and bump stop. Also a good shot of the King shocks.
IMG_0979.jpg

The left front
IMG_0980.jpg

Here is the left rear showing the fully compressed bump stop against the EVO spacer. Just to the right of the "R" in the word "Racing" on the shock.
IMG_0982.jpg
How are you liking the king shocks??? I'm going with the evo stage 2 lift and trying to figure which shocks to go with or go with shock extensions

OP
OP
MacBigButt

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I really like them, I was torturing the Jeep a bit and hitting rough roads harder than I would normally and the shocks always kept the wheels on the ground and under control over rocks and potholes. I haven't mucked around with the adjustments yet but I think I'll try them a bit softer for back roads.

On road performance is great, very well controlled brake dive and it feels glued to the road in corners. Body roll is very well managed and handling overall is very improved over stock.

I don't rock crawl, yet, so can't comment in that regard, for me its all about keeping the tires glued down over rough backroads and this seems to have been a great upgrade.

The shocks themselves are very heavily engineered. My inner engineer is very pleased with the no compromise approach. My inner financial advisor is not so thrilled...screw him.

I've just got the EVO Stage 1 kit on right now but I have control arms, overland drop brackets and shock extensions sitting on the shelf ready to go. After yesterday's run I'm having trouble justifying the effort of installing them.

Ray Alkiyumi

First Name
Ghaith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Jeep Wrangler JL Clearance with Nitto 34" and EVO 2.5" Lift IMG_0982

The left front

Do u mean this spacer lift and not a coil lift ?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the king shocks??? I'm going with the evo stage 2 lift and trying to figure which shocks to go with or go with shock extensions
great rig and I'm sure loads of fun that day....thats a 2.5 lift with 285/75 tire? It looks great.
Sponsored