Sponsored

Clearance Granted to Go to Moab in October!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My wife gave me the green light to take a few of my kids and go to Moab in mid-October! I've got three friends with JK's that are pretty sure they'll be going, too. Hopefully, we'll get one or two more Jeeps, as well.

We'll leave either the evening of the 18th of October, or the morning of the 19th. I'm guessing I'll make it a 5 or 6 day deal, including travel to and from. This will be my 2nd trip, with the first being the Easter Jeep Safari in 2014. The hotels gouged us that week, so October should be much less crowded and lodging should be more plentiful and cheaper.

I can't wait to get the JL out on the trails!

Anybody else looking to go around that date?
Sponsored

JeepRubiCan

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I would be up for that. I am going to Moab in May as well. I'm in Colorado and could meet up with you guys.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
My wife gave me the green light to take a few of my kids and go to Moab in mid-October! I've got three friends with JK's that are pretty sure they'll be going, too. Hopefully, we'll get one or two more Jeeps, as well.

We'll leave either the evening of the 18th of October, or the morning of the 19th. I'm guessing I'll make it a 5 or 6 day deal, including travel to and from. This will be my 2nd trip, with the first being the Easter Jeep Safari in 2014. The hotels gouged us that week, so October should be much less crowded and lodging should be more plentiful and cheaper.

I can't wait to get the JL out on the trails!

Anybody else looking to go around that date?

A suggestion for lodging, check out the rentals in the area. Depending on what you get, it might be about the same or cheaper than a hotel room, especially if youā€™re able to split the cost with others.

Weā€™ve stayed here twice and enjoyed it. We would have stayed her again this year, however someone else booked it a year in advance. :( Marta is a great person to work with if you decide and are able to reserve her property.
http://www.moabdreams.com

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would be up for that. I am going to Moab in May as well. I'm in Colorado and could meet up with you guys.
We'll keep this thread alive and give it a go!

I've got some details to do on my Jeep between now and then. This weekend, I may install the winch. I'm still waiting for somebody to come out with a cb antenna mount for the tailgate area, too. We'll see what else as time goes by.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A suggestion for lodging, check out the rentals in the area. Depending on what you get, it might be about the same or cheaper than a hotel room, especially if youā€™re able to split the cost with others.

Weā€™ve stayed here twice and enjoyed it. We would have stayed her again this year, however someone else booked it a year in advance. :( Marta is a great person to work with if you decide and are able to reserve her property.
http://www.moabdreams.com
Thanks! We'll check those out!

Sponsored

Dcmtfam

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

I've got some details to do on my Jeep between now and then. This weekend, I may install the winch. I'm still waiting for somebody to come out with a cb antenna mount for the tailgate area, too. We'll see what else as time goes by.

Check out CoolTech Jeep accessories for the CB antenna mount.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Iā€™ve been to the Easter Jeep safari in ā€˜16 and again this year, would love to join a group going back in October. If my 2 door JLR isnā€™t built by then (better be) I still have my JK ;)

Iā€™m more of a camping kind dude and have lived out of my JK for a few trips out west in the past few years. Following this thread as well with hopes of meeting up with some fellow forum members in October!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I put a Cooltech CB antenna mount and Firestick antenna on the Jeep, along with a Uniden CMX760 CB. It works great! The prewiring Jeep did for accessories is a really smart feature. I've now used it for the CB and for a 14" light bar I put on the front bumper. Nice!

I'm not sure what the next mod will be. I've applied for my GMRS license and I'm waiting for Midland's new Micromobile GMRS radio that has everything in the hand set. I have an antenna and have an idea for a mount. If this radio works like expected, it will give miles and miles of range, but also work with handhelds for spotting. I mounted another Micromobile unit in my JK, so I'll be able to give them a very good test.

What is the weather generally like in the second half of October, in Western Colorado and in Moab?

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Ok, I put a Cooltech CB antenna mount and Firestick antenna on the Jeep, along with a Uniden CMX760 CB. It works great! The prewiring Jeep did for accessories is a really smart feature. I've now used it for the CB and for a 14" light bar I put on the front bumper. Nice!

I'm not sure what the next mod will be. I've applied for my GMRS license and I'm waiting for Midland's new Micromobile GMRS radio that has everything in the hand set. I have an antenna and have an idea for a mount. If this radio works like expected, it will give miles and miles of range, but also work with handhelds for spotting. I mounted another Micromobile unit in my JK, so I'll be able to give them a very good test.

What is the weather generally like in the second half of October, in Western Colorado and in Moab?

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/moab/utah/united-states/usut0165
Sponsored