Cleaning the plastic windows (scratch removal)

1. jkerr18

jkerr18 New Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL 2018
    Liked:
    Hi everyone! I am a new JL owner and my soft-top plastic windows have a lot of light scratches and smudges I haven't been able to get out through traditional washing. I did some research online today and the three products that keep coming up are Meguiar's Plastx, Novus Plastic Polish Kit, and Plexis. They all have strengths and weaknesses listed, but I really can't discern for myself which one will remove or minimize very light scratches and the occasional scuff mark. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
    John

2. caged

caged Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rodger
    Vehicle(s):
    1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
    Liked:
    nothing you can do. if you try to buff them up, they will just be scratched and cloudy.

3. stoowie

stoowie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Stewie
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    Ok so here's my opinion and of course like an asshole everyone has one. I am a boater and have used Plexus for years. I swear by it! Get it on Amazon and here's how to use it. Spray somre on a microfiber CLEAN rag. Then apply it to the plastic window in a straight line NOT circles. Let it dry and then turn over the rag and proceed to do the same again using straight movements. VIOLA! you will have a clean streak free window. AMEN

4. OP
    OP
    jkerr18

jkerr18 New Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL 2018
    Liked:
    Thank you! Just want to make sure that Plexus removes scratches and such - it can be used for repair, not just maintenance? Thanks!

5. stoowie

stoowie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Stewie
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    John,
    I can't guarantee the Plexus but after spending years cleaning my plastic windows on my sailboat I can say that it works

6. MidMo

MidMo Member

Vehicle(s):
    1999 TJ / 2001 WJ / 2017 Ram 3500HD
    Liked:
    There is really nothing you can do if your soft plastic windows are scratched, that I know of. The soft top windows are not a hard plastic like...say...headlight housings which can be buffed down to remove the damaged area. The best thing you can do is keep the plastic clean to minimize the appearance of the scratch...and Plexus is a great cleaning product