Sponsored

Cleaning soft top with hard vs soft water

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Question for everyone - for those with a soft top, two questions:

1) Do you dry your soft top after washing? If so, how? Seems like the fabric would just have to largely air dry.

2) Do you worry about build up with either hard or softened water that would somehow affect the integrity of the top? So, mineral deposits with hard water, or salt deposits with softened water?

Posted part of this in another thread but was a bit off topic...
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I just wash mine with low-pressure water (no soap, although some gets on there during the process, just rinse it off) in a DIY car wash usually. So far seems OK, but it's only been a few months for me. I use wet microfiber cloths to clean the soft top windows - back and forth, not circular. I read somewhere circular is bad.

And no, I don't dry it. I just let it dry on its own.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I just wash mine with low-pressure water (no soap, although some gets on there during the process, just rinse it off) in a DIY car wash usually. So far seems OK, but it's only been a few months for me. I use wet microfiber cloths to clean the soft top windows - back and forth, not circular. I read somewhere circular is bad.

And no, I don't dry it. I just let it dry on its own.
Thanks! I've got the option for both hard or softened water at my house and hoping that letting it dry won't hurt anything
Sponsored