Sponsored

Cleaning bird poop 💩 on my cloth seats ?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So they got me finally... About 3 splotches on my rear seats. All of this happened right when my new Wetocole covers are being made now. Question is what is the best way to remove it without leaving a stain or white spots from over cleaning. What an annoyance .
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Spearmin

You want to allow the droppings to fully dry on the seat.

Cleaning dried bird droppings is going to a far far easier and more successful deed than trying to clean the shit while it’s fresh/wet. Do it wet and you will work the shit into the seat deeper, enlarge the affected area, etc..

Once the bird shit has fully dried, the first thing you want to do is to gently scrape the shit off the cloth seat. So, pick it off with your fingers / scrape it off... and vacuum the area.

After this, there will undoubtedly, be a a chalky, whiteish stain left behind.....

With a small amount of liquid dish soap or laundry detergent/water applied to a damp clean rag, cleanse the area...... then, blot off as much of the dampness with a clean dry cloth... you can also use a shop vacuum to pull off some water/moisture..

Then just let-er dry..

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Since Rhinebeck01 pretty much gave the worlds best answer I'll just make a comment that it's time for seat covers :) I would just hose it off on mine.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
So they got me finally... About 3 splotches on my rear seats. All of this happened right when my new Wetocole covers are being made now. Question is what is the best way to remove it without leaving a stain or white spots from over cleaning. What an annoyance .
Use a portable steam cleaner I presume they’re cloth.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry dude! That happened to me the 1st time I took a Jeep to the beach. I am not sure which end of the bird it came out of but a 1/2 digested crab and a small waterballoon size of white and pink liquid hit my interior with perfect aim and precision.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Welcome to the wonderful world of topless driving😏

Reactions: RZ.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Sit on it. You've sat in worse.

Sponsored

bonniejf

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
This has happened to me several times. I clean my cloth seats with hot water and powdered tide. Has to be powdered. About 1 tbsp to a gallon of water. Just scrub them with a dish rag and let them dry. Keeps them looking good!