Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah I did watch this and honestly that's why I was leaning the Teraflex way. I would love to buy local but I didn't know that the Clayton needed an offset rim. That's a bit of an issue for me. I have time to decide for sure and will be buying new rims and tires but didn't want to offset the wheels.
Just to clarify a little bit, no lift kit including ours requires you to offset the wheels, it's when you increase the tire size and width that naturally goes along with lifting a vehicle that you need to move the wheels away from the control arms to prevent rubbing! Our arms do feature the same clearance bends as factory so nothing is really changing for you there, but there's nothing you can do when going with something like a 12.5" wide tire to prevent it from rubbing on control arms other than moving the wheels further away form the axle. Hopefully this makes sense!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Just to clarify a little bit, no lift kit including ours requires you to offset the wheels, it's when you increase the tire size and width that naturally goes along with lifting a vehicle that you need to move the wheels away from the control arms to prevent rubbing! Our arms do feature the same clearance bends as factory so nothing is really changing for you there, but there's nothing you can do when going with something like a 12.5" wide tire to prevent it from rubbing on control arms other than moving the wheels further away form the axle. Hopefully this makes sense!
Yes thanks it does. I'm a nooby for sure with the Jeep world. More of a bike guy but working on learning. thanks very much for the info I appreciate it.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes thanks it does. I'm a nooby for sure with the Jeep world. More of a bike guy but working on learning. thanks very much for the info I appreciate it.
Hey no worries! Just wanted to help where there might have been a misunderstanding :like:

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Very good Info Terminex thank you! The last thing I want to do is make it so she doesn't like the ride. She'd kick my ass and on top of it I'd be out 5k lol I see you your profile pic are you a track day guy? I'm all the track all summer! lol Looks like your riding a Beemer?
No problem.

i race AMA, CCS, and MotoAmerica. I am also an instructor for the racing school at my local track. I am racing 2 weekends a month April through Oct.

Good eyesight on the bike. I currently ride a BMW S1000rr for my Superbike class races, and a Ninja 400 for lightweight classes.

i always tell others that racing a motorcycle on the track is the most fun you can have with clothes on:)

OP
OP
Somefun

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
No problem.

i race AMA, CCS, and MotoAmerica. I am also an instructor for the racing school at my local track. I am racing 2 weekends a month April through Oct.

Good eyesight on the bike. I currently ride a BMW S1000rr for my Superbike class races, and a Ninja 400 for lightweight classes.

i always tell others that racing a motorcycle on the track is the most fun you can have with clothes on:)
that’s fantastic! I absolutely agree man. Love riding at the track. My son and I ride together at the track two weekends a month may till October. Its a total blast we also do some super Moto racing on two FS405’s. Such a blast to ride.

Sponsored

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
Thank you for clearing up this confusion. So if I wanted to go with 315s I would likely need a offset no matter what lift? Does Clayton do lift installs or just sell the kits?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a Frankenlift on Teraflex 2.5" coils with Fox shocks and Core 4x4 arms. I recommend the Clayton with Fox shocks.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you for clearing up this confusion. So if I wanted to go with 315s I would likely need a offset no matter what lift? Does Clayton do lift installs or just sell the kits?
Any tire 12.5" wide or more will definitely need to be offset in some way. There are some 35's out there that are 11.5" wide which you would actually be okay with, especially on a Rubicon, but standard size width for 35's and 37's is typically 12.5" wide. We actually no longer do installs due to how busy we have been with manufacturing, but there are some great shops in the area I would be happy to recommend!

Wiredog

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Any tire 12.5" wide or more will definitely need to be offset in some way. There are some 35's out there that are 11.5" wide which you would actually be okay with, especially on a Rubicon, but standard size width for 35's and 37's is typically 12.5" wide. We actually no longer do installs due to how busy we have been with manufacturing, but there are some great shops in the area I would be happy to recommend!
PM sent

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
PM sent

Sponsored

d4n1932`

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler
Im in Charlestown IN and im looking at Clayton overland 3in for my 2022 JL Rubicon I am also new to the jeep world. Do you have any good recommendations for this area?

d4n1932`

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler
Also, I see a lot of back and forth on driveshaft issues with a 3.5in lift. what are your thoughts on a stock Rubicon drive shaft at 3.5in lift Hight with 37s?

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I think with the Rubicon and 37s you only need a 2.5" lift? Seems like with my Sahara and my Clayton Overland+ 2.5" I could fit the 37s.

BranglerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited 2023 Lexus IS500
From my personal experience I ran Teraflex 2.5 with Falcon shocks on my Gladiator and JLUR but it rode a little rough on and Offroad. I switched over to Clayton’s 2.5 with fox which worked well for both applications but ended up with Clayton and Foxs. Ran 35’s on both and had minor rubbing Offroad with 37’s.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Also, I see a lot of back and forth on driveshaft issues with a 3.5in lift. what are your thoughts on a stock Rubicon drive shaft at 3.5in lift Hight with 37s?
For on-road driving, you'll never have an issue with the stock driveshaft, however, it is highly recommended with any of our lifts if you plan on going off-road often and flexing it out!
Sponsored