Sponsored

Clayton Offroad 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit, 4DRJL. Anybody on it?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Although this is a brand new kit for us, it uses the same exact components found in our already existing systems, just with slightly shorter coil springs this time around :) You can expect the same great quality, American-made, and enhanced performance our suspension systems always offer! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all, we're always happy to help!
Who manufactures your springs?
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildBlue

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
The Ride Right kit is of course just as capable and more than your stock suspension for off-road use, it's just not a kit we typically recommend for hardcore rock crawling as it was mainly intended to be the ultimate entry-level lift kit system, something that's a step above something like the Mopar kit. The Ride Right kit is intended for somebody looking to properly lift the vehicle to fit a set of larger tires, maintain proper geometry for smooth driving, but does not plan on taking it on the most advanced trails. Bump stops can always be added to the kit to make it a little more off-road capable, and this kit is fully upgradeable to our Overland Plus suspension system if you want to upgrade over time to be able to get to some of the more difficult trails in the future. Hopefully that helps clear that up :like:
Thanks for your follow up of additional information..

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I was just looking at this setup. I’m hesitant to lift my Jeep too much and was looking at the mopar setup but this is almost the same price and I’m sure it’s much better quality. Overall would this perform similar to if not better than the Mopar 2” lift? I would be using Fox 2.0 shocks all around.
Thanks

Last edited:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was just looking at this setup. I’m hesitant to lift my Jeep too much and was looking at the mopar setup but this is almost the same price and I’m sure it’s much better quality. Overall would this perform similar to if not better than the Mopar 2” lift? I would be using Fox 2.0 shocks all around.
Thanks
The Ride Right kit is going to be a more complete option, as you're also getting front and rear adjustable track bars to properly re-center your axle, as well as adjustable upper control arms to dial in your perfect amount of caster. All of our components are made extremely durable and control arms and track bars come with our lifetime warranty against bending or breaking :)

Sponsored

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ride Right kit is going to be a more complete option, as you're also getting front and rear adjustable track bars to properly re-center your axle, as well as adjustable upper control arms to dial in your perfect amount of caster. All of our components are made extremely durable and control arms and track bars come with our lifetime warranty against bending or breaking :)
This is exactly the news I was hoping to hear! Thank you, this is more the top lift on my list!

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

This is exactly the news I was hoping to hear! Thank you, this is more the top lift on my list!
I love my @Clayton Off Road 2.5" Overland + lift kit. It seems the more weight I put on the Jeep, (Steel bumpers, winch, full size spare, etc.) the better the ride gets. Anyone with a 4-door hardtop should have an awesome ride.

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my @Clayton Off Road 2.5" Overland + lift kit. It seems the more weight I put on the Jeep, (Steel bumpers, winch, full size spare, etc.) the better the ride gets. Anyone with a 4-door hardtop should have an awesome ride.
I think I biggest concern now is I just put brand new 285x75 Toyo At3’s on and I don’t want them to look small of I go up that high. I do plan on adding rock sliders and bumpers abs some armor eventually. What shocks did you go with?
I’m waiting to see when the 1.5” overland kit will be available

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I think I biggest concern now is I just put brand new 285x75 Toyo At3’s on and I don’t want them to look small of I go up that high. I do plan on adding rock sliders and bumpers abs some armor eventually. What shocks did you go with?
I’m waiting to see when the 1.5” overland kit will be available
Yes, the 2.5 on the 2-door was way too much for stock wheels, or really anything smaller than a 35" tire. The 1.5" with your rig should be perfect. I got the Fox 2.0's. They are OK, a little too soft for me, but they will work. Others rave about the 2.0's being affordable, compliant on-road and off-road.

Reactions: KNN

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the 2.5 on the 2-door was way too much for stock wheels, or really anything smaller than a 35" tire. The 1.5" with your rig should be perfect. I got the Fox 2.0's. They are OK, a little too soft for me, but they will work. Others rave about the 2.0's being affordable, compliant on-road and off-road.
Yeah I was thinking just that. I agree, 1.5" seems like it will be exactly the right amount for my needs.
I am going to look at a set of 2021 Rubi take offs and I might buy them and go with a set of upper and lower replacement arms from Clayton as well as their front track bar and a Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer and call it good for awhile.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Yeah I was thinking just that. I agree, 1.5" seems like it will be exactly the right amount for my needs.
I am going to look at a set of 2021 Rubi take offs and I might buy them and go with a set of upper and lower replacement arms from Clayton as well as their front track bar and a Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer and call it good for awhile.
That's a great idea. You can always upgrade your springs and sway links later. Wait until you see the difference between the Clayton LCA/UCA's versus Mopar's. It's like night and day. Good luck!

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Double check with @Clayton Off Road about running stock wheels with the 1.5". I just installed the 2.5" Overland + and my stock wheels rubbed against the sway links. I had to purchase wheel spacers until I broke down a week later and purchased some new 17x8.5's with 4.75" backspacing. Here is what the 2.5" looks like with both stock (rear) and small 35's (front, 315/70's) (obviously I am not running the Jeep with this pictured setup, it was taken for illustrative purposes).

IMG_1637.jpeg
Thank you for this comparison!!

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I’m very interested in this new kit too! I refuse to do a spacer lift ever again. I put a 2” ADF lift on my Subaru Outback and had the worst vibration. I thought the car was going to fall apart. Probably not the lift itself but driveline angle. However, it was a bad experience so I don’t want to do it again. Since I have a Rubicon, I’m already really close with o being able to run 35s without rubbing, 1.5” should get me there!

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Interesting. I have the falcons and I think the ride is a little too firm. I’m curious why you say it rides better w/ more weight, as Clayton uses linear springs in the front.

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
Interesting. I have the falcons and I think the ride is a little too firm. I’m curious why you say it rides better w/ more weight, as Clayton uses linear springs in the front.
Which falcons are you using?
Sponsored