Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Not just pads -- new brakes. Much more powerful braking. Alcon is an amazing company. Most of their business is building brake systems for British military vehicles... (Their Jeep brakes are priced as though we're military contractors too!) Very expensive, but dramatically better than the other alternatives, and lightyears better than just replacing pads.

Alcon Brakes

I was leaning toward the Teraflex option due to reputation and ease of installation, with the self-bleeding system, etc, but then I saw that Teraflex is naw made in China, and the performance doesn't copare with the Alcons. Now I'm in a holding pattern, because the Alcon alternative is $4,000.

My brother installed the Alcons on his 2019 JLUR and now it brakes better with 37s than it did new with the factory brakes little tires.
Alex, just sent you a PM about an unrelated question.
-Rob
Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Not just pads -- new brakes. Much more powerful braking. Alcon is an amazing company. Most of their business is building brake systems for British military vehicles... (Their Jeep brakes are priced as though we're military contractors too!) Very expensive, but dramatically better than the other alternatives, and lightyears better than just replacing pads.

Alcon Brakes

I was leaning toward the Teraflex option due to reputation and ease of installation, with the self-bleeding system, etc, but then I saw that Teraflex is now made in China, and the performance doesn't copare with the Alcons. Now I'm in a holding pattern, because the Alcon alternative is $4,000.

My brother installed the Alcons on his 2019 JLUR and it brakes better with 37s than it did new with the factory brakes and small tires.
If you want the best get the Brembo kit. 6 piston front, 4 rear with SS braided replacement lines. Takes a ton of sponge out. Lighter weight than OEM too.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
If you want the best get the Brembo kit. 6 piston front, 4 rear with SS braided replacement lines. Takes a ton of sponge out. Lighter weight than OEM too.
Ya, the Alcon kit is 6 piston front, four piston rear too.

My brother has about 5,000 miles on his new brakes, about half of which have been on the steep trails around his home in Carbondale, Colorado.

In safe situations he’s been alternately riding them and romping them trying to see where the limits are, and he still hasn’t been able to induce any fade. Recently, he took a front wheel off to see if there was any sign of wear from his abuse. So far, there is no sign of any wear at all.

His only complaint is the small amount of pressure it takes to activate the brakes. That may sound odd, but even lightly resting a toe against the pedal will produce braking, and any significant pressure will overwhelm the ABS system. (I don’t know enough about brakes to know whether that’s a coordination/programming issue with the ABS, but he describes the stopping distance with the 37s and 500 pounds of extra gear as being dramatically shorter than the OEM stopping distance with the original tires). (Which makes me wonder why Jeep’s don’t come with better brakes to start with.)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
There will be an option for either a 1" lift to run 37's, or a 2" lift for running up to 39's. :like:
Hello I still don’t see the kit in your website. What happened, we’re there any setbacks? Also since the kit is designed specifically for the 392, with the 1” lift, would that give you a true 2.5” lift over a standard Rubicon?

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello I still don’t see the kit in your website. What happened, we’re there any setbacks? Also since the kit is designed specifically for the 392, with the 1” lift, would that give you a true 2.5” lift over a standard Rubicon?
They haven’t officially gotten the 392 specific kit listed on their website yet. They told me it should be up this week and that they will post in this thread when it is. Otherwise, if you’re ready to order give them a call direct. Their customer service is top notch! They have a specific kit for a Regular Rubicon that Gains 2.5”. They will be offering the 392 kit as a 1” or 2” lift setup.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No setbacks! Just getting everything finished up. If you're looking to place an order for this kit, feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to help you out!

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to take a serious look at this since they’re one of the first players to offer an entire kit. Last question do you think it was fine with the stock Fox suspension?
Is this question still open? I’m wondering the same thing.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Hey man. Would like to meet up sometime. I'm in Carol Stream still waiting on my 392 and dying to see yours. Lol. You go to C&C with Chicago Garage on Sundays?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man. Would like to meet up sometime. I'm in Carol Stream still waiting on my 392 and dying to see yours. Lol. You go to C&C with Chicago Garage on Sundays?
Shoot me a DM, I may be down for Cars & Coffee this week.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is this question still open? I’m wondering the same thing.
While we always suggest a new set of shocks for best results, on the 392 since you're only really adding 1 to 2 inches of lift the stock shocks should work perfectly fine with shock extensions. You're not really gaining any travel when using shock extensions, but if this does not concern you, you shouldn't run into any issues. :like:

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

MNGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392 XR - 2022 Power Wagon
Clayton has updated their website with the 392 Specific listings. Here is the 2.5” kit I used that gained me 1”:
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-392-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl

And here is the 3.5” kit that should gain 2”:
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-392-35-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl
Is the 3.5 kit using a 3.5 inch front spring or a 4.5 inch front spring like the kit for the Gladiator?

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Considering the 2.5” lift kit. What length fox shocks would you recommend for the 2.5” lift kit?
Thanks in advance
Sponsored