2.5 inch lift on 35’s done by Vegas 4x4 and Offroad
Sponsored

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 1596077022708

which lift does this Jeep have on it 2.5 or 3.5?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Main difference between the two kits is that the Overland Plus kit uses our Giiro Joints on both ends of all 8 control arms while the Premium Series lift has a Johnny Joint on one end of each control arm. Hope that helps!
johnny joints seem awesome, can you explain why they’re not used more often, and on both ends? I’m assuming a little “rougher” and some issue with self-centering? I don’t get why centering is an issue, doesn’t the suspension center with how the track bar and control arms align everything?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
johnny joints seem awesome, can you explain why they’re not used more often, and on both ends? I’m assuming a little “rougher” and some issue with self-centering? I don’t get why centering is an issue, doesn’t the suspension center with how the track bar and control arms align everything?
Johnny Joints are awesome! I think what it really comes down to is personal preference and really what you plan on using the kit for. Back in the day, a lot more people used to buy Jeeps and take them to do some serious off-roading right away, and that's when the Johnny Joints seemed to shine most. Being that they provide a superior amount of flex and misalignment to most options, they were always popular among guys who wanted the absolute best they can get for the trails. Johnny Joints also require maintenance and can be rebuilt when worn out, which may not appeal to consumers looking for something to just set and forget. Nowadays, overlanding and even just having these vehicles as daily drivers has become a lot more popular, which there is nothing wrong with we love that the community has grown so much! But this opens up doors for products that need to appeal to that style of driving as well, and in the case of the Giiro joint, products that can appeal to both styles! Hopefully this helps to answer your question, both joints are great and can be used for dual-purpose, at the end of the day its all about preference and what you feel like would work best for your needs!

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I've had my clayton 3.5" lift on my JL Rubicon for a year now and i am extremely happy.
I have rubicon express shocks.
Ride is great on and off road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_8281.JPG

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Those at the 35” nitro ridge grapplers. I love the kit. No complaints.
Did you regear? I think I can get away without regear, I see for 3lbs more I can get put a 35 AT, on my v6 8 speed auto sport

BattleBorn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited sport
Did you regear? I think I can get away without regear, I see for 3lbs more I can get put a 35 AT, on my v6 8 speed auto sport
I have not regeared. I’ve been running those for about a year and half now and no problems. A little sluggish at the take off. Other than that it’s good. I’m actually waiting on a set of axles and I’ll be regearing to 4.88. Then to 37” or 38” nitto’s.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have not regeared. I’ve been running those for about a year and half now and no problems. A little sluggish at the take off. Other than that it’s good. I’m actually waiting on a set of axles and I’ll be regearing to 4.88. Then to 37” or 38” nitto’s.
I Was checking out the pro rock 44 axles by dynatrac this morning.
Sponsored