Steel24

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks I will check into my caster degrees
Not sure if you got this fixed, but mine wandered, and it was my caster. One shop did the alignment, and the caster was still way off. I went to another shop, and they fixed it right up. With the Clayton lift, I actually expereinced better handling than what my stock Sahara had. I should note, I also installed the Currie Lync Steering System, a Falcon Steering Stabilizer, and Falcon 3.3 Piggyback Shocks. My lift was the 1.5 with 33 Mickey Thompson Baja A/T Tires and Method 703 wheels.

A 3.5 lift is up there so I'm not sure what the handling characteristics would be for that high of a lift compared to stock.
Sponsored

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Is that 4.75 backspacing the spec for a 9 inch wheel? What I am thinking is that this is an 8.5" wheel, so with the 5.2 backspacing it works out to be essentially the same fitment of .5 inch difference that nets a zero.

5.2 - 4.75 ~ +0.5 inch and 8.5 - 9 = -0.5 inch, so in other words the .5 inch we gain with the 5.2 inch backspace is reduced .5 inch by the 8.5 inch wheel.

Make sense? Or am I misunderstanding how the two measures compare?
Disregard ... I have decided to go with a 17x9 4.75" backspace to avoid any fitment issues.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Disregard ... I have decided to go with a 17x9 4.75" backspace to avoid any fitment issues.
The wheel width is factored into the backspacing equation, check out an online backspacing calculator and punch in the numbers it asks for, then you should be able to easily determined what will work!

dpwracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon X 4xe
The wheel width is factored into the backspacing equation, check out an online backspacing calculator and punch in the numbers it asks for, then you should be able to easily determined what will work!
How critical is the 4.75" back spacing? I'm at 5.0" with a 17x9 with 0 offset. I could add a .25" spacer, but would prefer not to. Running K02's 315/70R/17.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How critical is the 4.75" back spacing? I'm at 5.0" with a 17x9 with 0 offset. I could add a .25" spacer, but would prefer not to. Running K02's 315/70R/17.
A Rubicon model or any model with the wider axles from the factory is actually totally fine with 5" backspacing. Without the wider axles, you would probably get minor rubbing at that backspacing, but nothing too bad!

Sponsored

jasander77

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2023 4DR Rubicon XR
A Rubicon model or any model with the wider axles from the factory is actually totally fine with 5" backspacing. Without the wider axles, you would probably get minor rubbing at that backspacing, but nothing too bad!
I’m very much contemplating opening this can of worms on my Rubicon XR soon and revisiting this thread to refresh my memory. I’m still unclear on whether or not my XR wheels will be compatible once 37s are mounted on them? Some posts claim BS is 5”, while Mopar site states offset is 12mm or 4.4”. Do you have any customers/installs with this configuration?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m very much contemplating opening this can of worms on my Rubicon XR soon and revisiting this thread to refresh my memory. I’m still unclear on whether or not my XR wheels will be compatible once 37s are mounted on them? Some posts claim BS is 5”, while Mopar site states offset is 12mm or 4.4”. Do you have any customers/installs with this configuration?
Yes I actually do believe the XR wheels will work with our kits without additional spacers as they are under our required backspacing of 4.75"!
Sponsored