Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road

Are the 4xe springs rated specificly to the platform or are they the same as the other JLs?
So we already use a little bit of a higher spring rate and because of that our kits net about 1/2" more lift than advertised. On the 4xe models, you just get the exact advertised height!

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
So we already use a little bit of a higher spring rate and because of that our kits net about 1/2" more lift than advertised. On the 4xe models, you just get the exact advertised height!
That’s more or less my experience. I wasn’t completely precise, but by my measurements, I net about a 1/4”-1/2” less than the advertised height. Of course, that’s with steel bumpers and a winch. However, I am afraid that if I measure again soon, it may settle in at less than that. If I had it to do over again, I would still go with Clayton, but would go with the 3 1/2” vs. 2 1/2” lift.

That being said, I love the way it rides and have zero other complaints about it. I may just end up swapping out the springs soon and then it will be right where I wanted!

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits B292BCBE-ED77-4AC3-9181-5B2D1302586B
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits E4062C17-029A-469B-B2B7-19DBB15CFEA8

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
2018 JL Rubicon 3.6L
35x12.5R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT
AEV JL Pintlers
1.5” Ride Right + Clayton LFCAs
Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks (2-3” length)

85BB877C-429D-4005-AA1F-47A9DAF99298.jpeg
C87ECBB5-A0CF-4F39-885A-B363D98CD656.jpeg

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Will be doing the 1.5” kit on my SportS 2dr. Light build - soft top, plastic bumpers
-how much bump is needed to run 35s with stock fenders?
-how much with Rubicon fenders?

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

That’s more or less my experience. I wasn’t completely precise, but by my measurements, I net about a 1/4”-1/2” less than the advertised height. Of course, that’s with steel bumpers and a winch. However, I am afraid that if I measure again soon, it may settle in at less than that. If I had it to do over again, I would still go with Clayton, but would go with the 3 1/2” vs. 2 1/2” lift.

That being said, I love the way it rides and have zero other complaints about it. I may just end up swapping out the springs soon and then it will be right where I wanted!

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits C87ECBB5-A0CF-4F39-885A-B363D98CD656
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits C87ECBB5-A0CF-4F39-885A-B363D98CD656
This scares me because I have a 2.5" sitting in my garage right now waiting to be installed. If I went up to 3.5" after the fact, I'd have to get new shocks too which is another $1500. I ended up buying Fox 2.0 remote reservoir from Accutune and they're for 2-3" lift. I feel like I should have went 3.5" off the bat with my 37s. Clayton says everywhere that "the 2.5" fits perfectly with 37s" so I bought into that. I guess time will tell if I'm happy or have regret.

All I know is I have 37s on the stock suspension and I can't hit trails because I'll have problems with rubbing. The install date can't come soon enough!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This scares me because I have a 2.5" sitting in my garage right now waiting to be installed. If I went up to 3.5" after the fact, I'd have to get new shocks too which is another $1500. I ended up buying Fox 2.0 remote reservoir from Accutune and they're for 2-3" lift. I feel like I should have went 3.5" off the bat with my 37s. Clayton says everywhere that "the 2.5" fits perfectly with 37s" so I bought into that. I guess time will tell if I'm happy or have regret.

All I know is I have 37s on the stock suspension and I can't hit trails because I'll have problems with rubbing. The install date can't come soon enough!
You’ll be fine with bump adjusted properly, slowly back away from the cliff, 🤣 ….But if you find yourself in the bumps all the time, you can clearance the inner fenders or go aftermarket fenders/liners, that will net you a few inches…….. they have some out there that mimics oem pretty nicely if that’s your thing…… I personally like the oem look with the running lights, so opted to do chop and replaced inners…….

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer

Keep in mind, I have a 4xe, and that’s why I’m not getting as much. The battery weighs like 700 pounds and that affects the amount of lift generated. Your profile pic is a gas Jeep so I’m assuming that’s what you’re using the lift for. If that’s the case, you’ll probably get a full 3” out of it. However, if you’re on 37’s with a 2.5 lift on a 4xe with Fox shocks, you’ll be absolutely fine. That’s exactly what I’m running and I’ve had no issues with rubbing, other than with the cheap plastic fender liners. That being said, the lift itself is top notch quality. I’ve been extremely impressed with it, other than wishing I got a little more height on my overweight beast.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

The higher spring rate springs we use don't settle nearly as much as factory or other after-market options. We actually have a 4xE here with our 1.5" lift and after re-measuring is still sitting slightly over 1.5" of lift!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Hey there, the OP is referring to his 4xe model which nets the exact advertised height of our lift kits, while non-4xe models actually net about 1/2" or more over advertised height. All of our kits are designed already taking into account factory steel bumpers and a winch so that weight will not cost you any height. The 2.5" kit is designed to run 37" tires perfectly on a Rubicon model, while the 3.5" is designed to run up to 39's on a Rubicon. If you have any concerns at all, feel free to give us a call and we can help you decide which option is better for you, but based on what you wrote here I would definitely say the 2.5" kit is your best option!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Installed the 2.5 overland+ lift this past weekend. The quality was excellent and I ended up getting around 3.25” of lift on my JLUR. Only issue is its leaning to the passenger side. On the passenger side I am measuring a little over 8.5” from the tire to the bottom of the fender. On the driver side I have a little over 9.25”. I expected some due to the gas tank but I thought this was negated by the side specific springs. The spring with a L is installed on the driver side and R is on the passenger side. Is this normal @Clayton Off Road ?
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 213DF161-A030-46B5-BAE2-C22EC05AA6CF

Last edited:

Psyvad

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLRU Diesel
I have a stock 2022 Diesel JLUR. Haven't been off road yet, but going fast on trails and washboard roads without getting beat-up sounds like fun. There is also a good chance we would be towing a travel trailer close to 3500 lbs. It would also be great if the suspension soaked up small road bumps better than stock (I'm getting soft). Would the 2.5" Overland Plus lift be good for this? If so, which shocks to get? Fox 2.0, Fox 2.5, Falcon, other?

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
Will be doing the 1.5” kit on my SportS 2dr. Light build - soft top, plastic bumpers
-how much bump is needed to run 35s with stock fenders?
-how much with Rubicon fenders?
Sponsored