Sponsored

Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
1.5” dimensions info

D14F29B9-7DB5-48E6-86C2-905B372BA563.png

29E28007-B348-46F1-AD81-102E35DD1656.jpeg
Is this table for the 3.6L engine kit version? Or are all the 1.5” overland kits using the same measurements?
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Is this table for the 3.6L engine kit version? Or are all the 1.5” overland kits using the same measurements?
I can only say I ordered the kit for my 2.0L turbo. The Email only says JL 1.5”

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
I can only say I ordered the kit for my 2.0L turbo. The Email only says JL 1.5”
Ok.. most likely they’re all the same measurements. Which shocks (and size) are you pairing up with the lift? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it once you’ve got things mounted.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Ok.. most likely they’re all the same measurements. Which shocks (and size) are you pairing up with the lift? Looking forward to seeing some pictures of it once you’ve got things mounted.

Ordered the Fox 2.0 shocks recommended on their site. Reservoirs are super nice but not going that route on this build.

@Clayton Off Road

Web link on the 1.5” overland+ kit install for the JLUR 2.0L refers to the 2.5” kit. File 3009025 Instructions pdf page 4 of 32 step 57 says to set caster at 4.8 degrees. I always heard about 6 degrees so I called up and was told to use 5.5 to 6 degrees.

So kinda looking for confirmation on caster requirement for the 1.5” kit on 2.0L 4 door. Would be nice to do this once while I have to tools out. What should caster be set to?

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits D2261FB1-8920-4A40-88CF-7AA694557C2C

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I noticed the same thing on their web site as you just mentioned.…. That it was 2.5” lift instructions posted for the 1.5” kit. I couldn’t find it posted anywhere else on the website. I haven’t ordered the 1.5” lift yet but will be curious as well about the specific requirements regarding caster for the 1.5 kit (as well as if adjustable control arms measurements for all models of JLRUs are the exact same.

Sponsored

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
1.5” dimensions info

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits D2261FB1-8920-4A40-88CF-7AA694557C2C

Thanks for posting this. I have the 1.5 kit sitting in my garage waiting for me to have the time to install. I hadn’t realized the 1.5 chart wasn’t posted.
Now I just need to convert all the decimal measurements to fraction so I can use my tape measure.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thought some of you guys who might not be on social media might like to see how our control arms are milled, a small part in the long process of building our products!

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
@Clayton Off Road can you give upper/lower CA lengths that would correspond to a high 6° caster for the 1.5 kit?
I’ll hope to get it dialed in myself this weekend but it’d be nice to get a little closer from the git go.

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
I’m in the process of installing the 1.5 kit now. Just curious, the kit comes with rear bump stop of either 1 or 2”. Wondering which one was used by those with this kit.

ETA well everything is installed, I installed both rear bumpstops for 2”.
I also did a Sport to Rubi axle swap, boy that was a lot of work for this old body.
My goal was to copy the look of the XR but with a little more flex. I added 1/2” Tereflex spacers since my research has found that the XR has approximately 2 1/2” to 3” lift over the Sport. I used the standard lengths for all arms from the 1.5 chart, hoping it’s fine. It sure looks tall, hope I didn’t over do
It.
I did add a little to the front LCA and took away a turn from the upper in hopes of getting it into upper 6° caster range. I have a few more odds and ends to finish and I’ll find out.
I ordered two mopar locker wiring harnesses and there was only one in the package so now have to wait on that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road can you give upper/lower CA lengths that would correspond to a high 6° caster for the 1.5 kit?
I’ll hope to get it dialed in myself this weekend but it’d be nice to get a little closer from the git go.
Because weight from accessories, vehicle model, and other factors all affect geometry it's hard to tell you specifically where to set the arms to get exactly 6 degrees of caster. The lengths in the instructions should get you really close, after which we suggest having an alignment shop at least give you a readout to see where you're at, which you can then use to perfect geometry yourself at home using a digital angle finder :like:

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m in the process of installing the 1.5 kit now. Just curious, the kit comes with rear bump stop of either 1 or 2”. Wondering which one was used by those with this kit.

ETA well everything is installed, I installed both rear bumpstops for 2”.
I also did a Sport to Rubi axle swap, boy that was a lot of work for this old body.
My goal was to copy the look of the XR but with a little more flex. I added 1/2” Tereflex spacers since my research has found that the XR has approximately 2 1/2” to 3” lift over the Sport. I used the standard lengths for all arms from the 1.5 chart, hoping it’s fine. It sure looks tall, hope I didn’t over do
It.
I did add a little to the front LCA and took away a turn from the upper in hopes of getting it into upper 6° caster range. I have a few more odds and ends to finish and I’ll find out.
I ordered two mopar locker wiring harnesses and there was only one in the package so now have to wait on that.
Actually the XR really only comes with about a 1.5" lift, plus the 35's! If you feel it's a bit too tall afterward just pop the spacers out and make some slight adjustments to control arms and track bars.