Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is a pic of the Overland Plus 2.5 with 38s. You can wheel with the right bumpstops. I ultimately went to 3.5 inch springs.

IMG-20200525-WA0028.jpg
Looks perfect and thanks for the visual. I'll chop the fenders and add inner fender liners as well so that plus I live in Florida where its pretty tame wheelin' should be no issues. I'd go 3.5 " but my 2019 JLUR with 2.5" and 37s leaves me about 1.5" clearance for the garage, and I'm worried the 3.5" and 38s will brush the header....would be tight for sure.
Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Looks perfect and thanks for the visual. I'll chop the fenders and add inner fender liners as well so that plus I live in Florida where its pretty tame wheelin' should be no issues. I'd go 3.5 " but my 2019 JLUR with 2.5" and 37s leaves me about 1.5" clearance for the garage, and I'm worried the 3.5" and 38s will brush the header....would be tight for sure.
Yeah, unfortunately mine now does not fit in my garage with 3.5 and 39s.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Another question - I already have shocks that I am wondering if I could use with the 1.5" ride right I am starting off with. Specs:

Fronts:
18.31 collapsed / 28.43 extended
Rears:
19.49 collapsed / 31.68 extended

Will these work as is? Would I need to get different bump stops? or should I dump them and get Fox's or similar with the following specs:

Front:
16.75 collapsed / 26.35 extended
Rear:
18.45 collapsed / 29.55 extended
These are the specs for the shocks we use with our 1.5" kit:

FRONT PERFORMANCE SERIES
  • 2-3" JL DIRECT BOLT IN
  • 16.75 COMPRESSED
  • 26.35 EXTENDED
REAR PERFORMANCE SERIES
  • 2-3" JL DIRECT BOLT IN
  • 18.45 COMPRESSED
  • 29.55 EXTENDED

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Will I have any rubbing issues with the Mopar wheels that come with XR packages on the overland plus 2.5” lift. The wheels indicate 4.4” backspacing. I’m running the 35s that came with it.

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Will I have any rubbing issues with the Mopar wheels that come with XR packages on the overland plus 2.5” lift. The wheels indicate 4.4” backspacing. I’m running the 35s that came with it.
You drive a Rubicon so no.

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
I run this setup but with KM3 37's. I do have some slight rub on rear inner fender liners when flexing heavily. It's not enough for me to worry about. I will try to use a heat gun to move the plastic back a little at some time, but haven't yet. I imagine no rubbing with 35's.

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
I run this setup but with KM3 37's. I do have some slight rub on rear inner fender liners when flexing heavily. It's not enough for me to worry about. I will try to use a heat gun to move the plastic back a little at some time, but haven't yet. I imagine no rubbing with 35's.
Thanks. Famous last words I’m sure, but I don’t see where I’ll ever be flexing heavily again. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: DGT

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Hello,

Going with the Overland + 2.5 kit w/ 37's (Falken A/T3w). A couple questions about the kit. I know that the Overland kit is made to handle the extra weight of gear. Any reason I should consider the 3.5 kit if I'm planning, bumpers, fridge/drawers, Gobi rack, RTT? That's quite a bit of weight. If the 2.5 kit and 37's are fine with no rubbing I'd prefer the the 2.5 kit. The build is more for exploration/overlanding then rock crawling.

Also thinking of running the Yeti Steersmarts system over the Currie Currect-Lync JL Steering System. Any issues with the Clayton kit running the Steersmarts? I figure they are pretty similar. I have heard the Yeti has a bit stronger joints (1.5ton over 1ton) though. For real world application if either is going to just as strong as each other then the Currie kit is a bit cheaper and would make more sense.

Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Last edited:

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
I expect customer service to be swamped with people scrambling for last minute cyber-monday deals.

I'm looking to buy a 2.5" Overland+ kit + shocks, still deciding on shocks.

I've got autoLynx to link up the front and not looking forward to cutting the rear sway links.
Is there an off the shelf option available? Did everyone cut theirs?

*the install video mentions not needing to cut the rear sway links 🙏

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You won't have any issues with 4.4" of backspacing!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello,

Going with the Overland + 2.5 kit w/ 37's (Falken A/T3w). A couple questions about the kit. I know that the Overland kit is made to handle the extra weight of gear. Any reason I should consider the 3.5 kit if I'm planning, bumpers, fridge/drawers, Gobi rack, RTT? That's quite a bit of weight. If the 2.5 kit and 37's are fine with no rubbing I'd prefer the the 2.5 kit. The build is more for exploration/overlanding then rock crawling.

Also thinking of running the Yeti Steersmarts system over the Currie Currect-Lync JL Steering System. Any issues with the Clayton kit running the Steersmarts? I figure they are pretty similar. I have heard the Yeti has a bit stronger joints (1.5ton over 1ton) though. For real world application if either is going to just as strong as each other then the Currie kit is a bit cheaper and would make more sense.
Hello, the 2.5" kit works perfect with 37's, no rubbing, so no need for the 3.5" kit, both are capable of handling about 400 lbs of additional weight before sitting below level.

There shouldn't be any issue with the steersmarts components at all!
Sponsored