First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Keep in mind the rake on 2-door models is caused by the factory suspension which is of course coming off to be replaced with the new suspension, so the factory rake wouldn't be getting added to or made worse. Our kits leave about an inch of rake total, which may vary on 2 door models, but this is the same overall design we've been using with our previous kits and haven't had any issues with rake-on 2 door models at all.

That being said, we have not gotten to properly take measurements on a 2-door model with this new 1.5" kit, and we would be happy to work out a deal with 2 or 3 customers interested in installing this kit who can get us some before and after measurements, and some high-quality photos!

If you or anybody else is interested in taking us up on a deal like this, shoot me a PM and we can discuss details!
Did you ever get any additional info on the 2 door with the 1.5” lift?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you ever get any additional info on the 2 door with the 1.5” lift?
Yes! A few customers have installed this kit now on their 2 doors and it looks amazing! Check out the customer above that shot a link to his portion in this thread detailing his results, his build came out awesome!

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Yes! A few customers have installed this kit now on their 2 doors and it looks amazing! Check out the customer above that shot a link to his portion in this thread detailing his results, his build came out awesome!
Thank you! I’m looking specifically for a non- Rubicon with this lift and fitting 35s.
I have a Willys which has the sport fenders.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you! I’m looking specifically for a non- Rubicon with this lift and fitting 35s.
I have a Willys which has the sport fenders.
It's technically designed to run 33's on a non-Rubicon, but that's taking off-road into account only. On-road it would be perfectly capable of running 35's with no issues at all!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 4th of July 2022

Happy Independence Day Weekend!

All Lift Kits and Performance Packages Ship FREE all weekend long!

Vets and Active Military, email [email protected] with any sort of ID for an additional 10% off!

Enjoy your long weekend! :flag:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
It's technically designed to run 33's on a non-Rubicon, but that's taking off-road into account only. On-road it would be perfectly capable of running 35's with no issues at all!
Awesome! Just the info I was curious about. Thank you :beer:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
4th of July 2022.jpg

4th of July 2022.jpg

All Lift Kits and Performance Packages Ship FREE all weekend long!

Vets and Active Military, email [email protected] with any sort of ID for an additional 10% off!

Enjoy your long weekend! :flag:

I sent an email to that address on Friday at about noon. It’s Saturday evening now and I have not received any reply. I also checked my junk mail, nothing.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I sent an email to that address on Friday at about noon. It’s Saturday evening now and I have not received any reply. I also checked my junk mail, nothing.
All emails should be answered this morning! No worries, on the sale, it will stay up until mid-day tomorrow just in case :like:

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any 2 doors equipped with any one of our kits, please email some photos of your build to [email protected] :) Include your lift height and tire size as well! It's very much appreciated if you're able to help us out with this!

Sponsored

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
Why does the 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit come with upper adjustable front control arms when most other kits have lowers?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why does the 1.5" Ride Right+ Lift Kit come with upper adjustable front control arms when most other kits have lowers?
Basically we choose to use upper control arms over the lowers to adjust caster because the front upper control arms work to directly rotate the front axle, and are therefore more efficient than using the lower control arms which primarily move the front axle forward or backward to adjust the wheelbase. The lower control arms do rotate the front axle slightly, which is why some companies use these in entry-level kits to basically try to “kill two birds with one stone” by adjusting both wheelbase and caster at the same time, but it is very difficult to properly set both just using the lowers as you end up with neither angles where they should be. For a vehicle that is mostly going to be used as a daily driver, which is what we consider our entry-level kits to be most appropriately used for, caster angle is most crucial in getting the vehicle to drive properly so we utilize front uppers over the lowers for this reason. Hopefully this helps to answer your question, please let me know if I can clarify anything or if you have any further questions!

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
Basically we choose to use upper control arms over the lowers to adjust caster because the front upper control arms work to directly rotate the front axle, and are therefore more efficient than using the lower control arms which primarily move the front axle forward or backward to adjust the wheelbase. The lower control arms do rotate the front axle slightly, which is why some companies use these in entry-level kits to basically try to “kill two birds with one stone” by adjusting both wheelbase and caster at the same time, but it is very difficult to properly set both just using the lowers as you end up with neither angles where they should be. For a vehicle that is mostly going to be used as a daily driver, which is what we consider our entry-level kits to be most appropriately used for, caster angle is most crucial in getting the vehicle to drive properly so we utilize front uppers over the lowers for this reason. Hopefully this helps to answer your question, please let me know if I can clarify anything or if you have any further questions!
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve decided to go ahead with the 1.5 Overland + kit, just because I’m OCD and want my pinion angle, caster, axle position etc fine tuned.
We drive from S Fl to the north Ga/NC mountains and I want it to be set up right for long distance hwy as well as off road.
I’ll be running stock wheels with either 285/75r17 or 285/70r17’s
It’s just a sport.
Hoping I don’t need wheel spacers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for the reply.
I’ve decided to go ahead with the 1.5 Overland + kit, just because I’m OCD and want my pinion angle, caster, axle position etc fine tuned.
We drive from S Fl to the north Ga/NC mountains and I want it to be set up right for long distance hwy as well as off road.
I’ll be running stock wheels with either 285/75r17 or 285/70r17’s
It’s just a sport.
Hoping I don’t need wheel spacers.
Wheel spacers are always a good idea when running the factory wheels, just so you don't get any control arm rubbing with the larger tires. We actually use the same clearance bends in our control arms as the factory arms, so you don't need as much backspacing with our kits as some others call for, but we still recommend about 4.75" of backspacing for best results!
Sponsored