Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my Sahara after having the 1.5 kit installed. Paired with a set of the Fox shocks and the ride is much improved over stock.

46D12185-80BD-41B5-B81A-F79AA3620391.jpeg
is this 33s? 285/70/17
Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, 285/70/17 on Warn Jackhammer Wheels.
My install (Clayton 1.5 springs and Fox shocks) is at the end of this month. I was wondering if I should stay with the 33s I have right now. Looks like there is enough room for 34s or even 35s with this setup as long as there is apt bump stop extensions. Thanks for sharing the pic

Do you have any recent side pic. Trying to see how much it settles after a while before I think about tire up sizing.

Lunchbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My install (Clayton 1.5 springs and Fox shocks) is at the end of this month. I was wondering if I should stay with the 33s I have right now. Looks like there is enough room for 34s or even 35s with this setup as long as there is apt bump stop extensions. Thanks for sharing the pic

Do you have any recent side pic. Trying to see how much it settles after a while before I think about tire up sizing.
I don’t see much stopping you from running a 34/35. Personally like the look and functionality with 33s. Trying to keep my Jeep tame enough for my daily commute but fun for the weekends. Here’s a picture about three weeks after the install from peters mill. Should give you a good idea of what it will look like settled. Half tank with a full yeti in the back for load. Either way, you can’t go wrong. Post some pictures when you get it installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 8B4FE13D-85B8-43DC-B091-80B1F987F957

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t see much stopping you from running a 34/35. Personally like the look and functionality with 33s. Trying to keep my Jeep tame enough for my daily commute but fun for the weekends. Here’s a picture about three weeks after the install from peters mill. Should give you a good idea of what it will look like settled. Half tank with a full yeti in the back for load. Either way, you can’t go wrong. Post some pictures when you get it installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 8B4FE13D-85B8-43DC-B091-80B1F987F957
this is super encouraging.. Clayton's claim that it wont sag much seems true. With a heavy steel bumper and a trail ready cargo I don't see any significant sag on this pic. Man this is getting me all excited.

I will post here once I get the thing installed. With numbers on lift height at each end.

I have been eyeing the 35x11.5x17 spec tires to keep the width the same as 285/295 but go for a 1" taller tire. Nitto Recon Grappler and Toyo OC AT3 come in that size.

Sponsored

kscott

First Name
Shep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Looks great with the 33's. What offset are those wheels?

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
this is super encouraging.. Clayton's claim that it wont sag much seems true. With a heavy steel bumper and a trail ready cargo I don't see any significant sag on this pic. Man this is getting me all excited.

I will post here once I get the thing installed. With numbers on lift height at each end.

I have been eyeing the 35x11.5x17 spec tires to keep the width the same as 285/295 but go for a 1" taller tire. Nitto Recon Grappler and Toyo OC AT3 come in that size.
Here's a shot of mine all loaded. Full tank, fridge, gear on top and about 175# of tongue weight. OEM springs sagged about 2". With the Clayton it dropped 3/4" from empty to loaded. And the empty ride is not much different that stock. So much so that the wife even said it feels the same. 😁 The bottom three pictures were
stock with just the back loaded.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_20220423_130459468

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits FB_IMG_1651793487370

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

All of our kits are designed with steel bumpers and a winch already installed! :)

Sponsored

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
@Clayton Off Road : I’m trying to decide on what are the best shocks for my JLURD when I install a 3.5” lift and 37s. I’ve seen lots of opinions on this forum on different shocks and technologies. But as the designer, builder, and long-time user of your lift kits with the shocks on your website, I’d like to read your views on the relative differences between Fox 2.0 and Falcon SP2 3.3 shocks. When installed on one of your lifted Wranglers, can you describe the different rides on different terrains? How would each affect the ride on a slow rocky trail, medium speeds on a rough rutted trail, high speeds on a desert washboard, and a paved mountain highway. On each type of driving, can you say which you’d prefer? I know it’s all opinions, but that’s what I need right now. Many thanks.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I’m leaning towards the 2.5 Overland+ And 35’s for my JLURD. I need to keep it riding nice for the wife’s sake. Which shocks would you recommend?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I’m leaning towards the 2.5 Overland+ And 35’s for my JLURD. I need to keep it riding nice for the wife’s sake. Which shocks would you recommend?
Clayton recommended fox 2.0s for my set up, but I over thought it and went with falcon 3.3s. I found the falcons way too stiff even on the softest setting and just installed a set of fox 2.0s. I'm much happier with them, that's the ride I was looking for.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Clayton recommended fox 2.0s for my set up, but I over thought it and went with falcon 3.3s. I found the falcons way too stiff even on the softest setting and just installed a set of fox 2.0s. I'm much happier with them, that's the ride I was looking for.
Good to know! Are you on 35’s or larger?

JLanesey

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport, 1954 CJ3B
Occupation
HVAC
My Clayton 3.5 kit rides great, I have toyo at3 35x11.5 and they look small on it. Looking to upgrade axles in next year or so and I’ll probably go with some true 37s. If I don’t do the axles by the time I need tires I’ll probably go with 37” KM3s since they measure out close to 35s.
Sponsored