Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What was the price, if it was already mentioned? Will it be available in a performance package also for one stop shopping? I’m about the pull the trigger on some 35s with a set of Methods. So will be ready for the 1.5” lift also, more so after I sell my stock Rubicon wheels/tires.

How much lift can be expected on a 2 door?
Price will be released with the pre-order, and performance packages will also be put together for these kits, most likely after pre-orders though.

The kits provide about 1.5" to 2" of lift on a 4 door, so you may get slightly more on a 2 door model. However, keep in mind some of the extra height is due to us removing some of the factory rake up front.
Sponsored

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Price will be released with the pre-order, and performance packages will also be put together for these kits, most likely after pre-orders though.

The kits provide about 1.5" to 2" of lift on a 4 door, so you may get slightly more on a 2 door model. However, keep in mind some of the extra height is due to us removing some of the factory rake up front.
What about the reverse rake on the two doors?

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
i was close to pulling the trigger on the overland 2.5, until i went thru this thread and decided that the 2.5 might be a bit much on a rubi if all i want are 35s, now i'm gunna be one of those people asking about the status for the 1.5

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I'd post a little update here since we were planning on putting up the Pre-order this week for the 1.5" kits, but due to some setbacks in the office with employees being out, the kits will now be going up in January (2021 pricing will still apply). We just finished testing the kit out on a 4xe we had here at the shop, and the results were great!

The kit is going to be designed so that Sport/Sahara model JL's can comfortably run up to 33" tires without rubbing, or 35" tires for Rubicons without rubbing. That being said, if you don't plan on wheeling the vehicle or don't care about rubbing at full flex, you can always push those numbers a little. As a good example, the comparison photo I'm posting here shows the 4xe equipped with the new 1.5" kit on a set of Nittos brand new 34" Recon Grappler tires!

We hope everybody has a great Christmas, and we'll see you back here right after the holidays!

-Clayton Off Road

1.5 before and after-2.jpg
looks amazing 👌🏾
That’s what I want to do 😎

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
😴
Patience is a virtue!

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing @moonlit - that looks to be the @Clayton Off Road 1.5" lift as it has a pre-order status.

I see this kit replace the upper control arms vs other kits that replace lower control arms.

I'm certainly no expert on lifts but do know that the controls arms help adjusting caster - so my question is, is there an advantage of using upper control arms to do this versus using lower control arms to dialing in the correct caster?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
New 1.5" kits now available for pre-order!

We know it's been a long wait, as we were not able to get our brand new order of springs as quickly as we originally hoped due to pandemic delays, but we are now officially one month away from the arrival of our brand new coils!

1.5" kits are available in any one of our three tried and true suspension systems (Ride Right, Overland Plus, and Premium Series) and will also each be available in a diesel-specific option as well.

I will list all of the brand new part numbers below so you can easily find and click on the kit that works best for your application, but if you have any questions on which option to go with feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call! All kits work the same between 2 and 4 door JL's, with the exception of the Ride Right kits which you need to choose for 2 or 4 door models specifically.

Overland Plus:
Premium Series:
Ride Right:
All pre-orders placed for any one of these brand new kits will be shipped around the end of February when coils arrive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for sharing @moonlit - that looks to be the @Clayton Off Road 1.5" lift as it has a pre-order status.

I see this kit replace the upper control arms vs other kits that replace lower control arms.

I'm certainly no expert on lifts but do know that the controls arms help adjusting caster - so my question is, is there an advantage of using upper control arms to do this versus using lower control arms to dialing in the correct caster?
Upper control arms allow for easier manipulation of your caster angle, rather than the lowers which adjust for both caster and wheelbase making the process a bit more difficult. We prioritize these arms over the lowers because caster angle is extremely important when taking road manners and drivability into consideration, and since our Ride Right kit is an entry-level system designed primarily for on-road use this made the most sense. Hope this helps!

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
@Clayton Off Road is the 35” for Rubicons a hard figure for clearance at full flex or is it possible to stuff the mini 37 KO2 (range C) in there?
Also, do you recommend the Diesel kit for 4xe or is the main kit sufficient for the added weight?

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
@Clayton Off Road is the 35” for Rubicons a hard figure for clearance at full flex or is it possible to stuff the mini 37 KO2 (range C) in there?
Also, do you recommend the Diesel kit for 4xe or is the main kit sufficient for the added weight?
That's what I am going to do. Already have the KO2s and Raceline bead locks in the garage. If it rubs at flex, oh well... I rub the crap out of my 40s on my JKUR when wheeling hard. I'm probably going to be much easier on the wife's JLURD. :)