Sponsored

Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Just finished the install of the 2.5 Overland Plus on my 2020 JLUR last Saturday. I went with the Fox 2.0 purchased through Clayton. Really love the ride on the street so far and am looking forward to getting it on some trails in the next few weeks. Looks great and getting tons of compliments including everyone at the shop where I took it for an alignment Monday.
received_583685672735093.jpeg
received_580995156334218.jpeg
what tire size you running?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Figured I'd post a little update here since we were planning on putting up the Pre-order this week for the 1.5" kits, but due to some setbacks in the office with employees being out, the kits will now be going up in January (2021 pricing will still apply). We just finished testing the kit out on a 4xe we had here at the shop, and the results were great!

The kit is going to be designed so that Sport/Sahara model JL's can comfortably run up to 33" tires without rubbing, or 35" tires for Rubicons without rubbing. That being said, if you don't plan on wheeling the vehicle or don't care about rubbing at full flex, you can always push those numbers a little. As a good example, the comparison photo I'm posting here shows the 4xe equipped with the new 1.5" kit on a set of Nittos brand new 34" Recon Grappler tires!

We hope everybody has a great Christmas, and we'll see you back here right after the holidays!

-Clayton Off Road

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 1.5 before and after-2

Grif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Figured I'd post a little update here since we were planning on putting up the Pre-order this week for the 1.5" kits, but due to some setbacks in the office with employees being out, the kits will now be going up in January (2021 pricing will still apply). We just finished testing the kit out on a 4xe we had here at the shop, and the results were great!

The kit is going to be designed so that Sport/Sahara model JL's can comfortably run up to 33" tires without rubbing, or 35" tires for Rubicons without rubbing. That being said, if you don't plan on wheeling the vehicle or don't care about rubbing at full flex, you can always push those numbers a little. As a good example, the comparison photo I'm posting here shows the 4xe equipped with the new 1.5" kit on a set of Nittos brand new 34" Recon Grappler tires!

We hope everybody has a great Christmas, and we'll see you back here right after the holidays!

-Clayton Off Road

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 1.5 before and after-2
What is the measured/real world lift amount on a Rubicon? Will they work with the 2.0t? Thanks!

Sponsored

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S

-Clayton Off Road

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Ready to get this on order and on my Jeep.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
What was the price, if it was already mentioned? Will it be available in a performance package also for one stop shopping? I’m about the pull the trigger on some 35s with a set of Methods. So will be ready for the 1.5” lift also, more so after I sell my stock Rubicon wheels/tires.

How much lift can be expected on a 2 door?

Bndrpa1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU 80th
This 1.5 lift has been in production coming up on a year based on this thread. What’s the over under month / year this will come to fruition!

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
I think I saw on FB they said pre-orders would be up in January and coils were due in mid-February. 🤞

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR

-Clayton Off Road

I think this 1.5 inch lift will be a hit for 2 door JL Rubicon owners who want to stay at 35s but want more flex than stock and those who want to stuff 37s on a 2 door without having having the extra height added from a bigger lift. IMO I’d rather have 37s on a 2 door with a “bit” of rubbing at full flex than extra lift height that I’m not using because I’m sitting high enough to fit a 38 or 39. Pairing this 1.5 inch lift, 37s, and high clearance inner fenders/stock inner fender trimming is going to be a recipe for perfection on 2 and 4 doors!

Sponsored

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been running the Dynatrac 2" lift for two years now. It was great when the JLUR was mostly DD in the DC area, but now out in Colorado and doing some overlanding on the weekends. The springs are saggier than...

Running stock wheels with 35s and ZERO rubbing or issues with the Dynatrac. The Dynatrac also comes with "custom valved" Fox 2.0 IPS.

Looks like the Clayton springs in the 2.5 kit will resolve my load issues, so really interested in the 2.5 Overland Plus kit. So my questions are:

1) If I had no issue with 35s on stock rims on the Dynatrac, would I have an issue with the Clayton?

2) Any issues with the sway bar disconnect?

3) Can I run my existing Dynatrac valved Fox 2.0s and defer getting new shocks?

Thanks

Fourbigfoot

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 jeep jlurx
Are there any more flex pics for the 3.5 kit? Is anyone running 39s with this kit?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is the measured/real world lift amount on a Rubicon? Will they work with the 2.0t? Thanks!
Yes this will work the same on the 2.0T! You gain about 2" of lift total, which is in line with the rest of our kits due to the extra height we provide up front to remove some rake, but not all.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This 1.5 lift has been in production coming up on a year based on this thread. What’s the over under month / year this will come to fruition!
Lol totally understand but the lift is already finished and spring ordered, we just had a few delays in our spring ordering process due to covid. We planned on getting pre-orders but before Christmas but had half of our employees out sick, and we should be back to full-staff by this upcoming Monday.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been running the Dynatrac 2" lift for two years now. It was great when the JLUR was mostly DD in the DC area, but now out in Colorado and doing some overlanding on the weekends. The springs are saggier than...

Running stock wheels with 35s and ZERO rubbing or issues with the Dynatrac. The Dynatrac also comes with "custom valved" Fox 2.0 IPS.

Looks like the Clayton springs in the 2.5 kit will resolve my load issues, so really interested in the 2.5 Overland Plus kit. So my questions are:

1) If I had no issue with 35s on stock rims on the Dynatrac, would I have an issue with the Clayton?

2) Any issues with the sway bar disconnect?

3) Can I run my existing Dynatrac valved Fox 2.0s and defer getting new shocks?

Thanks
If the wheels you are currently running are around 11.5" wide or less you won't have any rubbing issues, with a 12.5" you will have some slight rubbing at full wheel lock. This can be remedied easily by wheel spacers as well.

No issues at all with the factory electronic sway bar disconnect, everything works exactly the same!

As long as the shocks are designed for use with up to 3" of lift you should have no problems!
Sponsored