AwkwardOverland

First Name
AwkwardOverland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hi All,

New here. I'm purchasing the 2.5 Overland Lift Kit from Clayton and I need suggestions on shocks. My 20 JLU Rubicon is my daily driver and weekend overlanding build. Depending on the trip I load up 400-600 lbs not including people. This is also my first jeep so I'm relatively new to this (I've worked on some junk jeeps in the past).

Can you all give me recommendations on shocks that are great on the road, but also reliable when I run into some tough terrain on trips? I've been looking at BP-51s and Teraflex 3.3 Piggybacks my budget is $500/shock if they are worth it but I don't mind saving the money too.

Thanks! Looking forward to some help.
Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The fox 2.0s pair really nicely.

adjustable shocks give you flexibility but most people just set them and forget them. I’ve ran everything from cheap shocks to coil overs in my Jeeps and find the fox 2.0s to be a really nice compromise between performance ride and price.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

New here. I'm purchasing the 2.5 Overland Lift Kit from Clayton and I need suggestions on shocks. My 20 JLU Rubicon is my daily driver and weekend overlanding build. Depending on the trip I load up 400-600 lbs not including people. This is also my first jeep so I'm relatively new to this (I've worked on some junk jeeps in the past).

Can you all give me recommendations on shocks that are great on the road, but also reliable when I run into some tough terrain on trips? I've been looking at BP-51s and Teraflex 3.3 Piggybacks my budget is $500/shock if they are worth it but I don't mind saving the money too.

I run their 2.5 inch lift and I paired them with some Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir shocks. I think my Jeep rides great around town and on the trail.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
If you've been searching for the ultimate after market suspension system to meet both your demanding off-road AND on-road needs, Clayton Off Road Overland Plus Series Lift Kits are exactly what you've been looking for.

DSC06523-15-2.jpg

Why Choose Clayton?
We get asked a lot what makes our control arms and track bars stand out from the rest of the crowd. For 20 years now our goal has remained exactly the same; to design and fabricate the toughest Jeep Suspension Systems available with absolutely zero compromises to on-or-off-road performance. From our 5/16" thick lower control arm housings - to our 2x2 1/4" thick wall square tubing, every little detail we put into our designs goes into making that goal very much a reality. Our suspensions are built to excel on any terrain and outlast the competition for years to come. Not to mention, are 100% made-in-the-USA and come with our Lifetime Warranty against bending or breaking.

So, what is this "Overland Plus" lift kit?
Available in both 2.5" & 3.5" lift variants, all 8 of the adjustable control arms included in our Overland Plus kits feature our dual durometer Giiro Joint bushings on both ends. These are our free pivoting, self-lubricating, self-centering, silent in operation and maintenance free bushings that make our kits ride like butter no matter what's underneath your vehicle. If that all sounds like it's too good to be true, that's because it should be. But the structured anatomy of our Giiro bushings matched with their superior material formulation allows two distant worlds to meet as one, providing you the desirable comfort of a daily driver and then easily transitioning to meet the extreme limits of rugged off-road terrain.

The Giiro Joint is also used at one end of our adjustable track bars (front and rear). The other end features a Johnny Joint with a 5” long 1” shank for superior flex and maximum adjust-ability.

DSC_0734-4.jpg

What size lift should I run with my specific model and tire size?
We find that our 2.5" springs fit perfectly on a Sport/Sahara with 35" tires, and on a Rubicon with 37's. For our 3.5" springs, a Sport/Sahara model JL can fit up to and looks best with 37" tires, and for Rubicon models all the way up to 38" and 39" tires. For those of you curious about setting proper control arm and track bar lengths for optimized pinion and drive-line angles, we actually created this chart (tried, tested and proven) that you can refer to.
Screenshot (15).jpg

Will your rear springs hold up to carrying all of my camping/overlanding equipment?
Yes, 100%. Our rear springs found in all of our Overland Plus series kits feature a dual-rate coil design specially designed with all of you overlanding enthusiasts in mind. We even went as far as to creating side specific rear springs just to compensate for the weight of the gas tank. Whatever you want to carry in or on your Jeep be it a tent, a fridge, a grill, or a couple of your big dogs, our springs can handle it all.

DSC07216-16.JPG

Product at a glance:

• Bolt In Design
  • 8 Fully Adjustable Control Arms
  • Maintenance FREE Giiro Joints
  • Dual Durometer, Self Centering Joints
  • Premium Adjustable Front Track Bar
  • Premium Adjustable Rear Track Bar
  • Front Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Front & Rear Bumpstops
  • Lifetime Warranty*
  • MADE IN THE USA
Check it out for yourself here.
Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, and PM us if you want a discount code!
So I see the control arms I don’t need to grease but I will for the track bars at the Johnny joint. Do you have track bars without the need to grease? Or can you recommend a track that doesn’t need it.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I see the control arms I don’t need to grease but I will for the track bars at the Johnny joint. Do you have track bars without the need to grease? Or can you recommend a track that doesn’t need it.
The design has been updated, the track bars do not come with Johnny Joints and do not require any grease :like:

Sponsored

Buffalo Mtn Rubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Hi All,

Just finished the install of the 2.5 Overland Plus on my 2020 JLUR last Saturday. I went with the Fox 2.0 purchased through Clayton. Really love the ride on the street so far and am looking forward to getting it on some trails in the next few weeks. Looks great and getting tons of compliments including everyone at the shop where I took it for an alignment Monday.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits received_583685672735093
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits received_580995156334218

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Just finished the install of the 2.5 Overland Plus on my 2020 JLUR last Saturday. I went with the Fox 2.0 purchased through Clayton. Really love the ride on the street so far and am looking forward to getting it on some trails in the next few weeks. Looks great and getting tons of compliments including everyone at the shop where I took it for an alignment Monday.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits received_580995156334218
Looks Awesome đź‘Ś
Sponsored