Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Are you happy with the lift?
(Yes)

Would you do it again or try something else?
(So far it drives better than my 2018 Sahara that I traded for the rubi, and tracks better than the stock Rubicon up to 70mph. I’m running 48psi in the tires and will try different levels for fuel economy, ride, and off-roading.
Would I change? No, the suspension is quiet as a mouse but drives more truck like. Tires are quieter than the stock M/Ts on my stock JKs)

Is it your first lift or one of many spanning multiple jeeps?
(I had a 2006 TJ Rubicon that I personally installed 4 different lifts to meet the trail requirements. I’m trying to learn from my mistakes and just do it once. I’ve done a lot of research for my requirements, 90% wife’s daily driver and 10% rock crawling and trails)

To run the 37's did you regear?
(At this point, absolutely not. I’m running higher air pressure and maybe that’s why it runs more truck like, but I live in so cal with lots of hill and mountain inclines and I see 8 speed more often than I thought)
Sponsored

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I was told you get 2.5” for the Rubicon, I didn’t measure. It seems I got a little more. The pic is my Rubicon without the spare on the back. And the Yokohama M/T G003s are almost a true 37” tire.
I have the 3.6 engine.
Spacers with the stock wheels?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does the Overland+ lift work with the JLURD? And which model did you measure off of to get the 2.5"lift measurements? (Meaning will I get all 2.5"of lift on my Rubicon?)
We do have diesel options available, just not currently on our website, definitely feel free to give us a call if you're interested! Measurements are always taken on Rubicon models, and we always aim for about 1/2" higher than what we are advertising to compensate for any heavy accessories, so your Rubicon would see around 3" of lift with our 2.5" kit.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Are you happy with the lift?

Would you do it again or try something else?

Is it your first lift or one of many spanning multiple jeeps?

To run the 37's did you regear?

I like much of what I hear regarding Clayton, but haven't found many real world experiences.
Shoot me a PM and we can chat about Clayton Off Road. I've been running to 2.5 overland plus for 30k miles. Great kit!

Sponsored

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Spacers with the stock wheels?
No spacers as of yet, tried to do Azusa Canyons on Sunday to flex it out and it was closed. I did order 1.25" spacers to put the tires out a little to protect the Lod sliders and the hardtop on tight sideways obstacles.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had this thread moved to the proper section so it's easier to find for those looking for information!

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Just finished the install of my 2.5 Overland Plus setup with 37s. Great setup!
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits Rubicon Lifted
nice Rig looks familiar lol.. where in FL are you just in case I have some questions... lol....those are some wide tires

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Thanks. I’m in Pace Fl in the Panhandle.
ahh nice up there went to a place on the water I think it was called Anthonys sea food place..it was awesome....how was the install was it harmless

Country JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
ahh nice up there went to a place on the water I think it was called Anthonys sea food place..it was awesome....how was the install was it harmless
It’s a nice area for sure! What part are you in? Install was very straightforward. Spare set of hands would help though. Lol

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
It’s a nice area for sure! What part are you in? Install was very straightforward. Spare set of hands would help though. Lol
Coconut creek which is in Broward

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Reading the install instructions every page has a note about welding and fabrication may be needed as each vehicle is slightly different? This scares me a bit from attempting to install this lift kit as I do not possess those skill sets. Also what drilling and cutting is required? From what I can see it's just the bottom of the springs for the bump stops and cutting of the sway bar end links.

Site mentions radflo or fox shocks as options but I don't see any pricing or options for those on the site.

I will be buying a lift kit this month most likely. Those questions above are my main hangups when considering this lift.
Sponsored