Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you've been searching for the ultimate after market suspension system to meet both your demanding off-road AND on-road needs, Clayton Off Road Overland Plus Series Lift Kits are exactly what you've been looking for.

DSC06523-15-2.jpg

Why Choose Clayton?
We get asked a lot what makes our control arms and track bars stand out from the rest of the crowd. For 20 years now our goal has remained exactly the same; to design and fabricate the toughest Jeep Suspension Systems available with absolutely zero compromises to on-or-off-road performance. From our 5/16" thick lower control arm housings - to our 2x2 1/4" thick wall square tubing, every little detail we put into our designs goes into making that goal very much a reality. Our suspensions are built to excel on any terrain and outlast the competition for years to come. Not to mention, are 100% made-in-the-USA and come with our Lifetime Warranty against bending or breaking.

So, what is this "Overland Plus" lift kit?
Available in both 2.5" & 3.5" lift variants, all 8 of the adjustable control arms included in our Overland Plus kits feature our dual durometer Giiro Joint bushings on both ends. These are our free pivoting, self-lubricating, self-centering, silent in operation and maintenance free bushings that make our kits ride like butter no matter what's underneath your vehicle. If that all sounds like it's too good to be true, that's because it should be. But the structured anatomy of our Giiro bushings matched with their superior material formulation allows two distant worlds to meet as one, providing you the desirable comfort of a daily driver and then easily transitioning to meet the extreme limits of rugged off-road terrain.

The Giiro Joint is also used at one end of our adjustable track bars (front and rear). The other end features a Johnny Joint with a 5” long 1” shank for superior flex and maximum adjust-ability.

DSC_0734-4.jpg

What size lift should I run with my specific model and tire size?
We find that our 2.5" springs fit perfectly on a Sport/Sahara with 35" tires, and on a Rubicon with 37's. For our 3.5" springs, a Sport/Sahara model JL can fit up to and looks best with 37" tires, and for Rubicon models all the way up to 38" and 39" tires. For those of you curious about setting proper control arm and track bar lengths for optimized pinion and drive-line angles, we actually created this chart (tried, tested and proven) that you can refer to.
Screenshot (15).jpg

Will your rear springs hold up to carrying all of my camping/overlanding equipment?

Yes, 100%. Our rear springs found in all of our Overland Plus series kits feature a dual-rate coil design specially designed with all of you overlanding enthusiasts in mind. We even went as far as to creating side specific rear springs just to compensate for the weight of the gas tank. Whatever you want to carry in or on your Jeep be it a tent, a fridge, a grill, or a couple of your big dogs, our springs can handle it all.

DSC07216-16.JPG

Product at a glance:
  • Bolt In Design
  • 8 Fully Adjustable Control Arms
  • Maintenance FREE Giiro Joints
  • Dual Durometer, Self Centering Joints
  • Premium Adjustable Front Track Bar
  • Premium Adjustable Rear Track Bar
  • Front Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Front & Rear Bumpstops
  • Lifetime Warranty*
  • MADE IN THE USA
Check it out for yourself here.
Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, and PM us if you want a discount code!
Sponsored

Last edited:

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
What is the difference between the Overland and the Premium? The descriptions seem to be the same. Thank you!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is the difference between the Overland and the Premium? The descriptions seem to be the same. Thank you!
Hey Brad, main difference between the two kits are the joints used. The Overland kit, which is by far our most popular option, uses 100% maintenance-free Giiro Joints at both ends of each control arm. This kit, and these joints more specifically, are for somebody looking to build the ultimate daily driver/weekend warrior style build as the bushings are great for soaking up road noise and vibration for smooth highway driving, and provide all of the flex you need to confidently be able to take your vehicle off-road! On the other hand, the Premium kit uses Johnny Joints on one end of each control arm. Johnny Joints have been around in the industry for a long time and are trusted by many, they do provide a little bit more flex and misalignment for somebody looking to build the ultimate off-road vehicle, but do require some up-keep and maintenance every so often.

Hopefully that little explanation helps. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with!

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Awesome TY for the fast reply! I ran JJs on my TJ and yes they were awesome.

MrFenderpicks

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I been trying to figure out which Lift to get for my 2020 JLU.
Can you name some advantages with your kit vs Other manufactures, such as Metalcloak or Rock krawler for example?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you name some advantages with your kit vs Other manufactures, such as Metalcloak or Rock krawler for example?
Well, our most popular system is the Overland Plus lift kit, available in either a 2.5" or 3.5" variant. This a complete, 100% bolt-in system that requires no extra cutting, drilling or welding. The bushings used in this particular kit are 100% maintenance-free, create a comfortable driving experience by soaking up road noise and vibrations, and provide all of the flex necessary to take your vehicle off-road. Our goal is to create the best riding, most capable Jeep you've ever owned!

Our kits provide you with 8 brand new adjustable control arms, each constructed out of super beefy square DOM tubing that all carry our Lifetime Warranty against bending or breaking! Adjustable front and rear track bars are included as well, which also carry our Lifetime Warranty! Everything is finished with a matte black Zinc-rich powder coating which helps to prevent rusting and flaking, and overall keeps everything looking fresh for years to come! Our coil springs utilize some of the highest spring rates in the industry so that you're getting not only the amount of lift that you paid for - but a lift that can withstand the weight of whatever heavy after-market parts and accessories you throw at it without sagging, and of course keep your vehicle riding smoothly! Coil springs also are finished in a black Zinc-rich powder coat to prevent rusting and chipping. We use all Made-In-The-USA parts and materials, design and build everything right in house, and work exclusively with other US-based manufacturers and vendors.

The difference is in our attention to detail, craftsmanship, and customer service, just check out some of our online reviews! We've been designing and creating premium Jeep suspension systems for almost 20 years now and I can tell you with full confidence that our systems are designed not only to work but to last for years to come!

Hopefully this answers your question! Happy to talk further if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits DB-200923-colorado-04952 smaller

Last edited:

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I will testify for Clayton. They are very customer based, and treat you like they care. I had a couple emails with them and they are very responsive. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
If you've been searching for the ultimate after market suspension system to meet both your demanding off-road AND on-road needs, Clayton Off Road Overland Plus Series Lift Kits are exactly what you've been looking for.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits DB-200923-colorado-04952 smaller

Why Choose Clayton?
We get asked a lot what makes our control arms and track bars stand out from the rest of the crowd. For 20 years now our goal has remained exactly the same; to design and fabricate the toughest Jeep Suspension Systems available with absolutely zero compromises to on-or-off-road performance. From our 5/16" thick lower control arm housings - to our 2x2 1/4" thick wall square tubing, every little detail we put into our designs goes into making that goal very much a reality. Our suspensions are built to excel on any terrain and outlast the competition for years to come. Not to mention, are 100% made-in-the-USA and come with our Lifetime Warranty against bending or breaking.

So, what is this "Overland Plus" lift kit?
Available in both 2.5" & 3.5" lift variants, all 8 of the adjustable control arms included in our Overland Plus kits feature our dual durometer Giiro Joint bushings on both ends. These are our free pivoting, self-lubricating, self-centering, silent in operation and maintenance free bushings that make our kits ride like butter no matter what's underneath your vehicle. If that all sounds like it's too good to be true, that's because it should be. But the structured anatomy of our Giiro bushings matched with their superior material formulation allows two distant worlds to meet as one, providing you the desirable comfort of a daily driver and then easily transitioning to meet the extreme limits of rugged off-road terrain.

The Giiro Joint is also used at one end of our adjustable track bars (front and rear). The other end features a Johnny Joint with a 5” long 1” shank for superior flex and maximum adjust-ability.

What size lift should I run with my specific model and tire size?
We find that our 2.5" springs fit perfectly on a Sport/Sahara with 35" tires, and on a Rubicon with 37's. For our 3.5" springs, a Sport/Sahara model JL can fit up to and looks best with 37" tires, and for Rubicon models all the way up to 38" and 39" tires. For those of you curious about setting proper control arm and track bar lengths for optimized pinion and drive-line angles, we actually created this chart (tried, tested and proven) that you can refer to.

Will your rear springs hold up to carrying all of my camping/overlanding equipment?
Yes, 100%. Our rear springs found in all of our Overland Plus series kits feature a dual-rate coil design specially designed with all of you overlanding enthusiasts in mind. We even went as far as to creating side specific rear springs just to compensate for the weight of the gas tank. Whatever you want to carry in or on your Jeep be it a tent, a fridge, a grill, or a couple of your big dogs, our springs can handle it all.

Product at a glance:

• Bolt In Design
  • 8 Fully Adjustable Control Arms
  • Maintenance FREE Giiro Joints
  • Dual Durometer, Self Centering Joints
  • Premium Adjustable Front Track Bar
  • Premium Adjustable Rear Track Bar
  • Front Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links
  • Front & Rear Bumpstops
  • Lifetime Warranty*
  • MADE IN THE USA
Check it out for yourself here.
Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, and PM us if you want a discount code!
I’ve been trying to decide what lift to spend my hard earned $$$ on. You just got yourself a new customer!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Awesome TY for the fast reply! I ran JJs on my TJ and yes they were awesome.
If you don't mind the maintenance they are definitely a great choice!

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Question for you on your overland arms. Does the center section free spin? Reason why I ask is I have your arms on my Rubicon and I want to add a 1/2 spacer to level the Jeep because of the winch weight. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to loosen all the arms again.

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
Does the Overland+ lift work with the JLURD? And which model did you measure off of to get the 2.5"lift measurements? (Meaning will I get all 2.5"of lift on my Rubicon?)

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Does the Overland+ lift work with the JLURD? And which model did you measure off of to get the 2.5"lift measurements? (Meaning will I get all 2.5"of lift on my Rubicon?)
I was told you get 2.5” for the Rubicon, I didn’t measure. It seems I got a little more. The pic is my Rubicon without the spare on the back. And the Yokohama M/T G003s are almost a true 37” tire.
I have the 3.6 engine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits FCFAE105-A1BA-4DA0-A1CC-0F090CCECA04

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
I was told you get 2.5” for the Rubicon, I didn’t measure. It seems I got a little more. The pic is my Rubicon without the spare on the back. And the Yokohama M/T G003s are almost a true 37” tire.
I have the 3.6 engine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits FCFAE105-A1BA-4DA0-A1CC-0F090CCECA04
Are you happy with the lift?

Would you do it again or try something else?

Is it your first lift or one of many spanning multiple jeeps?

To run the 37's did you regear?

I like much of what I hear regarding Clayton, but haven't found many real world experiences.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Are you happy with the lift?
(Yes)

Would you do it again or try something else?
(So far it drives better than my 2018 Sahara that I traded for the rubi, and tracks better than the stock Rubicon up to 70mph. I’m running 48psi in the tires and will try different levels for fuel economy, ride, and off-roading.
Would I change? No, the suspension is quiet as a mouse but drives more truck like. Tires are quieter than the stock M/Ts on my stock JKs)

Is it your first lift or one of many spanning multiple jeeps?
(I had a 2006 TJ Rubicon that I personally installed 4 different lifts to meet the trail requirements. I’m trying to learn from my mistakes and just do it once. I’ve done a lot of research for my requirements, 90% wife’s daily driver and 10% rock crawling and trails)

To run the 37's did you regear?
(At this point, absolutely not. I’m running higher air pressure and maybe that’s why it runs more truck like, but I live in so cal with lots of hill and mountain inclines and I see 8 speed more often than I thought)

I like much of what I hear regarding Clayton, but haven't found many real world experiences.
Sponsored