Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finally got to put the Overland+ 2.5" through some motions. Pretty happy with the results. Have the XR package so opted to skip the Clayton supplied bump stops based on others indicating the factory (XR) bump stops were sufficient for the job. Have about 3" clearance between tires (35") and fender flares. No rub.

A4999421-AEF8-4337-8DC3-55FA2FAB5B55.jpeg

875B3BB0-01F8-4050-AF71-FF9609F1DA07.jpeg

9D3DBABC-0C17-4690-875C-EFFDC6E391C9.jpeg
Looks great! We have some shorter bump stop extensions that work better with the XR package, but in most cases, the XR bump stops work great with our kit as is!
Sponsored

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
That's great to hear! So far loving the lift. Drives great and :muscle: enough for me.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I'm a moron and don't know anything. I saw you recommended 4.5" of backspacing for your kit on my JLUR to run 37s. Well, the idiot in me bought wheels with 4.75" backspacing thinking that more backspacing would give me more clearance when in actuality, I just learned today that it will move the tire in closer to the body.

If I go with the 2.5" lift with true 37s will my Jeep catch fire? Obviously that's a little extreme and I'm kidding but will I have problems? I think if I go 3.5", I'll have no problems as it's lifted higher. I'm still going back and forth between 2.5" and 3.5". I want the articulation and up travel of the 3.5" but the lower center of gravity of the 2.5" so I don't roll us down a mountain driving over a pebble.

ssrgeoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2022 JLURD
Hey Richard, some customers with extra heavy Overland builds like yours like to go up to the 3.5" spring in the rear to accommodate the extra weight, we've worked with customers with up to 1000 lbs of extra weight in the rear and made it work with this setup! We are also working on developing some HD rear coils for the JL like we have for the JT, which should be available sometime in 2023 :like:
Do you have any pics with the 3.5" rear and 2.5" front? I ran this exact setup on my Gladiator with a steel bedrack, Decked drawers and RTT. With a shorter wheelbase and diesel motor I am thinking it may sit up too high in the rear even with a GG platform, fridge slide, drawers and RTT.

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits IMG_9073

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
I'm a moron and don't know anything. I saw you recommended 4.5" of backspacing for your kit on my JLUR to run 37s. Well, the idiot in me bought wheels with 4.75" backspacing thinking that more backspacing would give me more clearance when in actuality, I just learned today that it will move the tire in closer to the body.

If I go with the 2.5" lift with true 37s will my Jeep catch fire? Obviously that's a little extreme and I'm kidding but will I have problems? I think if I go 3.5", I'll have no problems as it's lifted higher. I'm still going back and forth between 2.5" and 3.5". I want the articulation and up travel of the 3.5" but the lower center of gravity of the 2.5" so I don't roll us down a mountain driving over a pebble.
This chart is from the Discount Tire website. I am running KM3 37" on XR wheels (which are a +12mm 8" wide wheel) with a 2.5" COR lift and they fit fine. They slightly rub the rear plastic inner fender liner full articulation - not enough to worry about IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton Off Road: JL Overland Plus Lift Kits 1673024184805

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Actually, you're in luck because our recommended backspacing is 4.75 not 4.5 :like: 4.75 is perfect, 4.5 technically is even better since it pushed the wheel away further, but not required!

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
Hey Larry! The 1.5" kit is designed to run 33's on a Sport perfectly or 35's on a Rubicon model. This is when taking into consideration fender clearance when flexing out the Jeep, if it's mainly an on-road vehicle, 35's will fit on a Sport with the 1.5" lift with no problem :like:
Sorry, let me rephrase the question. How much lift can I expect on a Sport with non Etorque V6, plastic bumpers, no winch, no gear?
This is on the Overland plus 1.5 lift kit.
Thanks

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry, let me rephrase the question. How much lift can I expect on a Sport with non Etorque V6, plastic bumpers, no winch, no gear?
This is on the Overland plus 1.5 lift kit.
Thanks
About 2" in the rear, and a little more up front, around 2.5" since we remove about half of the factory rake!

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Actually, you're in luck because our recommended backspacing is 4.75 not 4.5 :like: 4.75 is perfect, 4.5 technically is even better since it pushed the wheel away further, but not required!
Is this the same James that I just responded to via email? You're a busy man!

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Boom. Order placed for the overland + 1.5” kit.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Awesome! Post some pictures after the install :rock:
Only one hiccup I found (but I just got off the phone with your professional) with the delivery of the kit. The link for installation instructions on your website shows the measurement grid for the 2.5”, 3.5” & 4.5” control arm / track bar lengths.

I am waiting on a email with the correct lengths for the 1.5” overland+ kit for the JLUR. I will share it on this post as soon as I receive it.