Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Will ask it again...

@Clayton Off Road

I am looking at the https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-performance-packages-jl-overland

I tried to read the specs… so does this kit come with everything, front rear track bars, steering stabilizers , etc? Would there be ANYTHING else that would need to be purchased to make sure steering and alignment was spot on as this will mostly be a daily driver. Also do you have to get the Falcon Shocks (still investigating best shocks for my situation)
Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Will ask it again...

@Clayton Off Road

I am looking at the https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-performance-packages-jl-overland

I tried to read the specs… so does this kit come with everything, front rear track bars, steering stabilizers , etc? Would there be ANYTHING else that would need to be purchased to make sure steering and alignment was spot on as this will mostly be a daily driver. Also do you have to get the Falcon Shocks (still investigating best shocks for my situation)

Thats a complete kit. I'm running Fox 2.0 shocks on my DD and it pairs nicely with their springs.

You'll want an alignment to adjust the new tie-rod, drag link and set the caster. You'll be able to get it really close using an angle finder for caster and use your stock tie-rod length to help set the new tie rod length.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Will ask it again...

@Clayton Off Road

If you click the "Bill of Materials" tab it shows everything that is included. It doesn't appear to be missing anything that you'd need.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Thats a complete kit. I'm running Fox 2.0 shocks on my DD and it pairs nicely with their springs.
i agree with the Fox 2.0s. i had the falcons and they were a little too harsh for me. 😒

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you click the "Bill of Materials" tab it shows everything that is included. It doesn't appear to be missing anything that you'd need.
I apologize as I realize I should have worded/phrased it differently for the answer/feedback I was intending….

Is anyone running this complete setup or knows someone who is and can compare the steering parts of this kit to be worth getting as a full kit or go just lift kit and get other steering parts such as the “Steersmart”, etc.?

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I apologize as I realize I should have worded/phrased it differently for the answer/feedback I was intending….

Is anyone running this complete setup or knows someone who is and can compare the steering parts of this kit to be worth getting as a full kit or go just lift kit and get other steering parts such as the “Steersmart”, etc.?
I have the complete kit; the lift, Fox shocks, and the Rockjock Steering system all from Clayton. I liked that I was able to order everything all together and it all shipped super fast. I can't compare it to the Steersmart, but I have not had a problem with the steering components at all. I thought I was displeased with the steering system until it became evident that it was not the steering components, but the ball joints. I threw a lot of money at a bunch of other parts that did not help until I upgraded the ball joints. Now it drives and steers great (or as well as a lifted Jeep with 35's).

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will ask it again...

@Clayton Off Road

Hey there! The Performance Packages are our package deals that are the most complete option you'll find when looking to upgrade suspension. There's really nothing else you would need, other than your tires of course! You can remove the shocks if you want to purchase the pieces individually, just use the "bill of materials" section on the product page.

Last edited:

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Will I have any rubbing issues with the Mopar wheels that come with XR packages on the overland plus 2.5” lift. The wheels indicate 4.4” backspacing. I’m running the 35s that came with it.
That is a typo on the Mopar site. The beadlock capable wheels have 5 inch backspacing. We measured them while they had no tires mounted.

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
I have the 2.5" lift and XR package and haven't experienced any wheel or tire rubbing. I also haven't changed the bumpstops and left the XR bumpstops alone. I am using Fox shocks from COR also.
That is a typo on the Mopar site. The beadlock capable wheels have 5 inch backspacing. We measured them while they had no tires mounted.

Lndshk

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Hydro Blue, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
I have the 2.5" lift and XR package and haven't experienced any wheel or tire rubbing. I also haven't changed the bumpstops and left the XR bumpstops alone. I am using Fox shocks from COR also.
Glad to hear! Did you do diy install ? If so any issues or challenges or wisdom to share?

Sponsored

JLUHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUHT (JLHT?) '19 F-150 5.0 '03 Envoy XL
Occupation
RE20 microphones
Am I understanding correctly you left the XR bumpstops stock? How much space did you gain if any between the bumpstops?

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear! Did you do diy install ? If so any issues or challenges or wisdom to share?
I used the Fox shocks for 2-3” lift so I wouldn’t have driveshaft issues because of too much droop.

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I understanding correctly you left the XR bumpstops stock? How much space did you gain if any between the bumpstops?
Yes I left the XR bumpstops alone. If I would have gone to a different shock that might not have worked. You have to consider the compression and extension of the shock you’re looking at. After my bumper and winch install I was sitting on the bumpstops in front. The 2.5”COR lift gave me almost 2” of clearance between the front bumpstops.

quick66

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hightide Edition
That great to know! I ordered that exact same set up for my JLU XR today. Can't wait to install it! What size tires are you running? I only have 6k on my K02 35s, so I will run them for a while. I would like to be able to run 37's on the stock XR wheels with this lift and no spacers if that is possible. Good to know about the bump stops. I'm not planning on installing the provided XR bump stop that comes with the kit initially. I'll add it later if required.
Sponsored