Sponsored

Clayton 2.5 Ride Lift

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Happy Monday,

So I’ve had a few different brands of lifts over the past 8 years and now I’m looking at Clayton’s 2.5 ride right kit.
Does anyone have any input or personal experience with this kit? will be runnings 37s on stock wheels with spacers ...
main Use:
Occasional trips to AOAA and RC, probably no more than 4-5 weekends a year and then cruising around town. This is not a primary vehicle.

Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
FrostySerb

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I haven’t see. Too many folks running this kit but the shop I’m working with pretty much only sells/installs their products and swears by them ...

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I haven’t see. Too many folks running this kit but the shop I’m working with pretty much only sells/installs their products and swears by them ...
Hello! Our most popular option is our full Overland Plus suspension system, which is a complete lift kit that comes with everything you need for both excellent on and off-road driving manners and capability. The kit features our Giiro joints on both ends of each control arm, which are completely maintenance-free, dual durometer, sealed rubber bushings that help to soak up road noise and vibrations on road for a smooth and comfortable daily driver and provide all of the flex and misalignment you need for off-road use as well. The Ride Right kit is actually for the most part the same kit as the Overland Plus kit, but in a more entry-level version that only comes with front upper control arms rather than a complete set of control arms, and is primarily designed for somebody just looking to properly lift their vehicle to fit a larger set of wheels and tires but does not plan on doing much off-roading. If you have any questions on either of the kits, feel free to ask and I will help the best I can!

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Happy Monday,

So I’ve had a few different brands of lifts over the past 8 years and now I’m looking at Clayton’s 2.5 ride right kit.
Does anyone have any input or personal experience with this kit? will be runnings 37s on stock wheels with spacers ...
main Use:
Occasional trips to AOAA and RC, probably no more than 4-5 weekends a year and then cruising around town. This is not a primary vehicle.

Thank you
I am considering this kit. Its my understanding I can add the other control arms to it at a later date to make it the overland plus kit.

Sponsored

Riggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude
I am a jeep newb, but have been researching lifts long before I purchased the Jeep. I keep leaning towards Clayton's Overland+ for my 2021 JLU Sahara. Even though it will void the dealership's Million Mile Warranty. I have too many concerns with the Mopar lift kit (as is). So I am debating warranty vs quality. The vehicle is mostly a weekend/summer driver with some light trails and hopefully some overlanding in the future.

The other issue is that I have not been able to find a Clayton Dealer/installer in Minnesota. I have found a place that would be willing to install it. But they have never worked with Clayton's products.

The other option I am considering is to go with the Mopar Lift for warranty purposes, but get the Clayton Adjustable Tract Bars and some front adjustable control arms. I'd also need to pick up some Rock Krawler correction spring pads.

Just curious has anyone tried to merge the Mopar lift with Clayton's. And would it be better to get the front upper or lower control arms or both?

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I am a jeep newb, but have been researching lifts long before I purchased the Jeep. I keep leaning towards Clayton's Overland+ for my 2021 JLU Sahara. Even though it will void the dealership's Million Mile Warranty. I have too many concerns with the Mopar lift kit (as is). So I am debating warranty vs quality. The vehicle is mostly a weekend/summer driver with some light trails and hopefully some overlanding in the future.

The other issue is that I have not been able to find a Clayton Dealer/installer in Minnesota. I have found a place that would be willing to install it. But they have never worked with Clayton's products.

The other option I am considering is to go with the Mopar Lift for warranty purposes, but get the Clayton Adjustable Tract Bars and some front adjustable control arms. I'd also need to pick up some Rock Krawler correction spring pads.

Just curious has anyone tried to merge the Mopar lift with Clayton's. And would it be better to get the front upper or lower control arms or both?

Its a lift kit. If a place is hesitant to install a lift kit that is adjustable control arms and track bars then they probably aren't that familiar with jeeps. While the kit itself isn't the same as other brands, the install on any 8 control arm lift kit is the same. Probably just want to find a jeep shop that does a lot of lifts. My $0.02

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
I am considering this kit. Its my understanding I can add the other control arms to it at a later date to make it the overland plus kit.
What you going to do for shocks?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

The good news is our kit is entirely a bolt-on application and does not require any cutting or grinding of any factory components or brackets, so if you really needed to in an emergency situation the factory suspension can be swapped back on. Obviously this is not very practical, but it's nice to know the option is there if you really needed it. Also, there are many dealers who will not void your warranty just for a bolt-on lift, and you may want to call around to other dealers in your area to find one that you can use for warranty work if needed. As for the install, any reputable shop should be able to install our kit no problem! Like I said the kit is completely bolt-on and maybe even a little bit easier of an install than some other short arm systems on the market. If you want give us a call and we can always take a look into some options for install shops near you, or have your local shop give us a call if they have any questions!

Sponsored

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
I have the overland lift and was strongly considering this lift before making the jump. I’m super happy with the components and with Fox shocks it rides nicely. You can add the other arms later but it will run you more than buying it all at once. You won’t regret either way you decide to do it!
Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton 2.5 Ride Lift 4F49715C-D18F-4F06-8E45-200B6FE20200

Riggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Altitude
Thank you for your responses.

Your Jeep turned out Great!!! Runkida.

The dealership I purchased the vehicle at did not have much experience installing lift kits and therefore was not an option. Other 4x4 shops would steer me towards their lifts. I did find another dealership that is willing to install the Clayton Lift and would not give me a hard time about any warranty work. They are reasonable with their rates and experienced with installing lift kits.

When I crunch the numbers for the 2.5" Ride Right+ and Fox Shocks vs the Mopar Lift + Track Bars + Lower adjustable front Control Arm + Correction Pad. It is pretty much a wash.

The 2.5" Overland + is definitely a better value. A little more than I was hoping to spend.

If I hadn't recently had a vehicle that's engine blew up, that happened to be under an extended warranty. I wouldn't think twice about Clayton. That being said I'm still strongly leaning towards Clayton. I plan on pulling the trigger on a lift towards the end of April, maybe a little bit longer if I decide to go with the Overland+.

I ordered my 17" rims this morning.
Still debating on which 35" (315) Tires to go with.

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for your responses.

Your Jeep turned out Great!!! Runkida.

The dealership I purchased the vehicle at did not have much experience installing lift kits and therefore was not an option. Other 4x4 shops would steer me towards their lifts. I did find another dealership that is willing to install the Clayton Lift and would not give me a hard time about any warranty work. They are reasonable with their rates and experienced with installing lift kits.

When I crunch the numbers for the 2.5" Ride Right+ and Fox Shocks vs the Mopar Lift + Track Bars + Lower adjustable front Control Arm + Correction Pad. It is pretty much a wash.

The 2.5" Overland + is definitely a better value. A little more than I was hoping to spend.

If I hadn't recently had a vehicle that's engine blew up, that happened to be under an extended warranty. I wouldn't think twice about Clayton. That being said I'm still strongly leaning towards Clayton. I plan on pulling the trigger on a lift towards the end of April, maybe a little bit longer if I decide to go with the Overland+.

I ordered my 17" rims this morning.
Still debating on which 35" (315) Tires to go with.
If you know how to turn a wrench and have a handful of tools and some floor jacks the install isnt bad. My girl and I did mine in a long afternoon so it really isnt hard to do and if your jeep is new the bolts should come apart quite easily.

thomasg

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hello! Our most popular option is our full Overland Plus suspension system, which is a complete lift kit that comes with everything you need for both excellent on and off-road driving manners and capability. The kit features our Giiro joints on both ends of each control arm, which are completely maintenance-free, dual durometer, sealed rubber bushings that help to soak up road noise and vibrations on road for a smooth and comfortable daily driver and provide all of the flex and misalignment you need for off-road use as well. The Ride Right kit is actually for the most part the same kit as the Overland Plus kit, but in a more entry-level version that only comes with front upper control arms rather than a complete set of control arms, and is primarily designed for somebody just looking to properly lift their vehicle to fit a larger set of wheels and tires but does not plan on doing much off-roading. If you have any questions on either of the kits, feel free to ask and I will help the best I can!
Hi James,
Doesn't the Ride RIght + lift kit come with the Giiro Joints for the JLU too?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi James,
Doesn't the Ride RIght + lift kit come with the Giiro Joints for the JLU too?
It does! The Ride Right kit uses all of the same components as our Overland Plus kit, just in a more entry-level package.
Sponsored