• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Ohio Clayton 2.5” ride right kit..good option for daily driver?

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 crew Honda Civic si
Still waiting on 2022 rubicon to be built. This is our first jeep and will be first vehicle that’s ever been lifted. Wondering if anyone had this kit and could give input on how it rides. My concern is that the ride will be too harsh and my wife won’t like it for her daily driver. Plan on running Baja boss 35s on 17” fuel wheels
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
My Clayton 2.5 improved my ride! Better steering feel, still a comfortable ride too. Pic is with 35's

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton 2.5” ride right kit..good option for daily driver? 20220206_113308

20211225_104919.jpeg

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Clayton 2.5 improved my ride! Better steering feel, still a comfortable ride too. Pic is with 35's

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton 2.5” ride right kit..good option for daily driver? 20211225_104919

Jeep Wrangler JL Clayton 2.5” ride right kit..good option for daily driver? 20211225_104919
your ride looks good! What made you choose Clayton? Did you get the overland and fox shocks?

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My son got me the basic Clayton kit at their recommendation after he spoke with them. I purchased the fox shocks at his suggestion at supplier price through his business Relentless off road Fabrication

Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A few more photos

20211223_203628.jpg

20220206_113325.jpg

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Clayton lift but moved to JKS springs. Noticeably better ride and taller free lengths.
What made you move to the different springs? I’m new to lifts… what is the advantage of the taller free lengths?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
What made you move to the different springs? I’m new to lifts… what is the advantage of the taller free lengths?
For me the taller free length was for shock travel. The Clayton 2.5” springs were not tall enough for the 2.5-5” kings, the 3.5 is perfect. But the 3.5 JKS springs are about 2” taller even yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me the taller free length was for shock travel. The Clayton 2.5” springs were not tall enough for the 2.5-5” kings, the 3.5 is perfect. But the 3.5 JKS springs are about 2” taller even yet.
So you would bottom out before getting the full function of the shocks resulting in a rougher ride? Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around this so my wife doesn’t hate the ride in her new jeep. My thought was to do the 2.5” Clayton ride right kit for the quality of the components with fox shocks and stabalizer and add the rock krawler springs to soften the ride a bit. In pictures the 2.5” rock krawler lifts seem to give a true 2.5” lift that in my imo looks just right with 35s. I just don’t know if I’m going to screw the geometry by mixing kits

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
So you would bottom out before getting the full function of the shocks resulting in a rougher ride? Sorry, just trying to wrap my head around this so my wife doesn’t hate the ride in her new jeep. My thought was to do the 2.5” Clayton ride right kit for the quality of the components with fox shocks and stabalizer and add the rock krawler springs to soften the ride a bit. In pictures the 2.5” rock krawler lifts seem to give a true 2.5” lift that in my imo looks just right with 35s. I just don’t know if I’m going to screw the geometry by mixing kits
When the shocks were fully extended and the spring was full extended the spring would wobble around loose in its perch. That was with the 2.5” Clayton. You won’t have that problem with RK springs

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the shocks were fully extended and the spring was full extended the spring would wobble around loose in its perch. That was with the 2.5” Clayton. You won’t have that problem with RK springs
Since you’ve had experience with multiple kits did you find the ride on Clayton springs uncomfortable compared to others? I’m assuming you’re happy with the quality of the other components? Any experience with Rock Krawler kits?Thanks for the help, just trying to put together the best kit for my wife

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Since you’ve had experience with multiple kits did you find the ride on Clayton springs uncomfortable compared to others? I’m assuming you’re happy with the quality of the other components? Any experience with Rock Krawler kits?Thanks for the help, just trying to put together the best kit for my wife
I had rock krawler and they just bowed in on my Jeep, so I never even drove on them. After troubleshooting for a while I gave up on them (I did use their spring pads). A few other users here have admitted theirs have done the same and some have cut the nipples off the top isolator and rotated it 180 degrees which fixed the bow. I’ve never had the problem before with plenty of other springs and my dual rate JKS are no different, they sit perfectly. Clayton is a good lift i just wanted something a little softer.

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had rock krawler and they just bowed on my Jeep, so I never even drove on them. After troubleshooting for a while I gave up on them (I did use their spring pads). A few other users here have admitted theirs have done the same and some have cut the nipples off the top isolator and rotated it 180 degrees which fixed the bow. I’ve never had the problem before with plenty of other springs and my dual rate JKS are no different, they sit perfectly. Clayton is a good lift i just wanted something a little softer.
Thanks alot
Sponsored