Sponsored

classic tube style bumper with winch plate?

Antioch

First Name
Antioch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2.0
Occupation
disabled/retired
so i used to have a 2012 wrangler with a rugged ridge classic tube style bumper with a winch plate included. amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YIW5D8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i've been looking around to find something similar for my 2020 JL but haven't been able to find one with an included winch plate. i'm not sure how easy winch plates are to get separately or if they have to be included with the bumper. if anyone happens to know where i could find one, or how to set it up if i have to do the winch plate separate, any info would be appreciated.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
so i used to have a 2012 wrangler with a rugged ridge classic tube style bumper with a winch plate included. amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YIW5D8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i've been looking around to find something similar for my 2020 JL but haven't been able to find one with an included winch plate. i'm not sure how easy winch plates are to get separately or if they have to be included with the bumper. if anyone happens to know where i could find one, or how to set it up if i have to do the winch plate separate, any info would be appreciated.
Typically the plate comes with the bumper or the plate is designer to work with the factory steel bumper. Here are some examples of that. Good luck.

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/jeep-wrangler-jl-parts/winches-recovery/winch-mounting

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I thought JK bumpers could be made to work with the JL. I could be wrong.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
JK and JL front bumpers are pretty much the same just one driver side hole needs to be drilled out in your frame where the bumper mounts.

OP
OP

Antioch

First Name
Antioch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2.0
Occupation
disabled/retired
i'd like to avoid any cutting/drilling unless absolutely required. i've looked on quadratec, 4wd, extremeterrain, amazon to no avail. i found several winch mounts, just none to go with the tube bumpers. anyway, hopefully someone knows a secret squirrel website or something. any info at all is appreciated.
Sponsored