1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited...anybody get a clank sound when in park and shift into drive or reverse? Not every time and its not a clunk. Tried the ebrake before shutting off etc...sometimes its louder than other times....looking for thoughts. Thx
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Any driveshaft movement (parked with the engine off of course)?

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Stop in neutral...engage e-brake...release foot brake...put it in Park. Takes the slack out of the drive train. No more CLANK.

Jgam

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. 2016 BMW 535D. 2015 BMW K16GTLE. 2010 BMW K13GT. 2008 DYNAMAX GRAND SPORT ULTRA. 2006 KTM 625 SMC.
Yes, mine does that too. Not every time but enough that it catches my attention. I usually remote start then get in tap the start button foot on brake , drop it into reverse.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Stop in neutral...engage e-brake...release foot brake...put it in Park. Takes the slack out of the drive train. No more CLANK.
I'm trying to figure out what "slack" this would take out? Ebrake auto adjustment?

Sponsored

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to figure out what "slack" this would take out? Ebrake auto adjustment?
On a slope, try stopping with foot brake and then put it in park. The Jeep will roll a few inches. That's the drivetrain slack.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
On a slope, try stopping with foot brake and then put it in park. The Jeep will roll a few inches. That's the drivetrain slack.
That'd keep the transmission park pawl from fully engaging, you think that's the clang?

Last edited:

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That'd keep the transmission park pawl from fully engaging, you thank that's the clang?
Honestly, I don't know the mechanics behind it...i just know that it doesn't clang when I do that.
Sponsored